Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Funcrusher on December 10, 2018, 10:03:11 PM
Is it the case that if Corbyn wins the debate then a vote will be forced?

Yes, and the mace is sliced up and everyone gets a piece each in some cake.

thraxx

Quote from: Funcrusher on December 10, 2018, 10:03:11 PM
Is it the case that if Corbyn wins the debate then a vote will be forced?

Even if his debate is forced down, chops to him.  He had to try.  But he should have done it there and then when May was on the despatch.

Fabian Thomsett

Heseltine - King of Mace Grabbing

QuoteAs soon as the whips announced that a Government majority had been achieved by 304 votes to 303, Labour MPs stood up and began to sing The Red Flag.

As they reached the words "We'll keep the red flag flying here," Mr Michael Heseltine, Tory spokesman at the conclusion of the debate, jumped up and seized the mace from its rack beneath the Speaker's Chair. As he waved it aggressively towards the Labour Benches, his Shadow Cabinet colleague Mr James Prior wrested it from his hands and replaced it in its rack the wrong way round.

https://www.theguardian.com/century/1970-1979/Story/0,,106906,00.html

Funcrusher

My understanding is that the best they can get is a censure.

thraxx

I wish the mace grabber had held it aloft, shouted 'by the lack of power of Mayskull', stuffed the mace up his arse and stumped round the chamber neighing like a horse.  It would have been worth his 5 day suspension to see that.

finnquark

thraxx

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on December 10, 2018, 10:05:33 PM

Was Heseltine a 'good' Tory I can't remember?  I seem to recall him getting sacked because he kept calling out Thatcher on shit.

Thursday

Can't believe Legend Gary grabbed the mace! That's the one thing you don't do. Everyone knows you don't grab the mace. What a donut!

Replies From View

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on December 10, 2018, 10:05:33 PM

QuoteAgainst an unprecedented background of fisticuffs, the singing of the Red Flag and a Conservative attempt to run away with the mace, the Government sneaked home to an unprecedented victory of one vote in its battle to overrule an attempt to destroy its nationalisation plans for the shipbuilding industry.

Whatever became of the shipbuilding industry?  You never hear of it these days, do you.  A whole industry of that.

thraxx

Quote from: Replies From View on December 10, 2018, 10:16:13 PM
Whatever became of the shipbuilding industry?  You never hear of it these days, do you.  A whole industry of that.

A lot of good bhoys loast their livlihoods, bhoys wi a trade.

græskar

I've never heard of the mace before. I love these arcane medieval rituals

mothman

Quote from: Replies From View on December 10, 2018, 10:03:54 PM
Yes, and the mace is sliced up and everyone gets a piece each in some cake.

Mace? No, no, oh dear me, no. Nutmeg, maybe. Cinnamon. Not mace.

greencalx

Quote from: græskar on December 10, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

I was once part of a ceremony that involved two maces and a sword.

biggytitbo

Quote from: greencalx on December 10, 2018, 10:31:16 PM
I was once part of a ceremony that involved two maces and a sword.

All 3 had dildos sellotaped to the end though didn't they?

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on December 10, 2018, 10:25:48 PM
Mace? No, no, oh dear me, no. Nutmeg, maybe. Cinnamon. Not mace.

You'll get what you're given.

mothman

gib

Quote from: thraxx on December 10, 2018, 10:07:54 PM
Was Heseltine a 'good' Tory I can't remember?  I seem to recall him getting sacked because he kept calling out Thatcher on shit.

QuoteHeseltine favoured privatisation of state owned industries, a novel idea in 1979 as the Conservatives were initially only proposing to denationalise the industries nationalised by Labour in the 1970s

fuck him

studpuppet

Quote from: græskar on December 10, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

Best bit about the mace, is that the Queen calls the Speaker every day Parliament is in session and asks, "Where is the mace?" to which the Speaker replies, "The mace is in place." Dr. Seuss does democracy...

pancreas

Sherman Krank

Replies From View

As far as mace grabs go that was less exciting than I was hoping.

garnish

I liked it when everyone around him was shocked and yelled "watch out he's got a shoot-er"

biggytitbo

We're fast reaching the point of this constitutional crisis where the Queen is obliged to wrestle the prime minister and take over until a new government can be formed.

Flouncer

Quote from: garnish on December 11, 2018, 12:40:08 AM
I liked it when everyone around him was shocked and yelled "watch out he's got a shoot-er"

The best bit was when the little grey haired woman tried to take it away from him and he twatted her with it, then held it aloft triumphantly as he stood over her broken body.

Replies From View

Quote from: Urinal Cake on December 11, 2018, 05:15:47 AM
How long till her Maj steps in?

Not long.  It'll cut to her without warning, as well; her pyjamas will be half on and she'll be rushing a poached egg.

greenman

Power should clearly have passed down though the Lawson family instead, more negotiating power than May standing on the white cliffs in tartan suit and a nappy.