Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

petril

her legacy will be one of taking a difficult, yet proud stand. and making a complete arse the one key thing she was put in charge of. y'know, the thing she was dead set against in the first place.

Paul Calf

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 06, 2019, 12:23:47 AM
Thatcher survived on 3 hours sleep a night.

Strange thing to say about a woman who is now dead in eternal sleep.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on February 06, 2019, 11:25:59 AM

Only 3 more eternal sleeps until Resurrection!

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 06, 2019, 10:12:01 PM
Only 3 more eternal sleeps until Resurrection!

Fuck's sake will she have basketball skills and acidic blood?

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on February 06, 2019, 11:25:59 AM

Not sure how much kip you're allowed to get in Hell.

Howj Begg

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/11/universal-credit-rollout-linked-to-rising-food-bank-use-amber-rudd-admits

QuoteAmber Rudd, the work and pensions secretary, has conceded that the rollout of universal credit has contributed to an increase in food bank use, going back on previous ministerial claims that this was not the case.

Answering a ministerial question in the Commons about food insecurity and universal credit, the controversial all-in-one working age benefits system that replaces a series of individual payments, Rudd said the system had been improved.

"We are committed to a strong safety net where people need it," Rudd said in response to a question from Labour's Sharon Hodgson. "It is absolutely clear that there were challenges with the initial rollout of universal credit, and the main issue that led to an increase in food bank use could have been the fact that people had difficulty accessing their money early enough."

Barely an admittance. Challenges.

Johnny Yesno

jobotic

Until they admit that they know full well that they are killing people but they want it that way and they don't really see them as people anyway, they're not really admitting anything.

ToneLa

I've been out of work since 23rd Dec and I'm still waiting for a payment... they're cunts

mothman

ToneLa

It's a load of old bollocks is what it is. Look at the fucking message they sent me about January's pay as well:

Oh, wow! Got an email alerting me to this amazing positive news! "Log into your account now to see  your payment details!" So I dutifully did on my phone, thankful for a lifeline. WOWSERS! I don't know if they did pay it by 8PM, was quite difficult to tell that actually.

Can I get that in installments? Would anyone like to borrow that figure off me? Repayment rate is 200%, very competitive! (Their reason is I earned some wages in December, and they take weeks to calculate it and shite like that, but you only get a payment once a month, so I'm living off part time hours I did in the second week of December!)

mothman

Christ. I really do keep wondering, what the fuck is it going to take? How much more of this bullshit is there going to be? A lot more, seems to be the answer; now every civilised country one by one is turning into a fascist hellhole too. So when is your next payment - however much that is - meant to be?

ToneLa

Has this shite system hit London and the home counties yet?? Not that I want MORE people to suffer but yknow. Don't understand why it hasn't been canned. On Jobseekers I would have had about 4 payments by now (every 2 weeks last I was on it).

in 9 days I should be paid again, 20th. That would be 9 weeks since I was last physically in work and I reported my last shift the same day. As of right now in their portal thing it has no details about what that figure might be. Which isn't great as I have bills to pay around then. Given family a heads up that I may need a loan....! I'm OK but they seemingly WANT us to fall deeper into debt

Vote Labour!

greencalx

Nice shade of blue though. You have to give them that.

mothman

greencalx

Anyway, Treeza May.

She's now wanting another fortnight, apparently. Run, run, run down the clock.

I'm starting to think she might actually be bonkers.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on February 11, 2019, 07:03:35 PM
Fucking psychopath. They're all fucking psychopaths in this government.

Rudd, the "centrist" one The Guardian loves and whose columnists always make reference to "working with"

Fuck off to her - useless cabinet minister, clearly corrupt corporate puppet.

imitationleather

Would it be sexist of me to point out that I have never seen anyone age as quickly as Amber Rudd? No, it wouldn't be. I'd still say it if she were a man.

That is what having a heart as black as stone will do to you.

pancreas

Paul Calf

Almost no-one wants a no-deal Brexit. Surely this will destroy the party?

pancreas

I reckon there are a large number of Tory MPs who are too stupid to know what they want and will just do as the Chief Whip tells them. Of course, that article is going to sensationalise somewhat, but with the meaningful vote now potentially delayed till March 22nd, it's getting genuinely scary.

Fambo Number Mive

The leader of the SNP has been accused of calling May a liar in Parliament. He's just withdrawn the word on Bercow's orders.

olliebean

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 12, 2019, 01:10:53 PM
The leader of the SNP has been accused of calling May a liar in Parliament. He's just withdrawn the word on Bercow's orders.

Doesn't mean he's not right, just that it's something they're not allowed to say in Parliament. Jeering and shouting over each other like wretched pathetic schoolchildren is fine, but to point out when someone is lying is beyond the pale.

olliebean

Quote from: thugler on February 12, 2019, 03:07:40 PM
No, it's a bluff ffs.

It's only a bluff if she has the wisdom to back down from it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on February 11, 2019, 08:42:19 PM
Anyway, Treeza May.

She's now wanting another fortnight, apparently. Run, run, run down the clock.

I'm starting to think she might actually be bonkers.

You are a few years too late with that realisation.