Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 12, 2019, 01:10:53 PM
The leader of the SNP has been accused of calling May a liar in Parliament. He's just withdrawn the word on Bercow's orders.

Should have held is ground. Gone further. What's to lose?

Flouncer

The speaker might have made him go and sit on the naughty step for a couple of days if he didn't withdraw it.

Cloud

Quote from: Replies From View on February 01, 2019, 10:59:47 PM
Are you all going to be rooting for No Deal like titbo once you've got bets on?

Absolutely not, but I'd see the two outcomes as:

Lose - great, we didn't crash out, money "well spent" - okay it didn't influence it really but as far as I'm concerned, it'd still feel like an 'investment'

Win - well, fuck but, at least I can console myself with a new toy.  Or probably a lettuce as that's how much fresh food will cost

Not that I did get around to placing one but don't see what the big deal is, it's not like it influences the outcome.  Are people just as arsey about betting on who you don't want to win in a footy match? (hate footy) you do realise there isn't actually such a thing as a jinx, outside of Pokemon?

Sherman Krank

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 12, 2019, 03:29:00 PM
Should have held is ground. Gone further. What's to lose?
He withdrew his remark 'in deference to the chair' (basically, 'I'm sorry I called the lying cunt a lying cunt in front of you mate but we both know she's a lying cunt).

He also nailed her with a point of order at the end...
https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/23bd8d29-f4bf-48a1-8ef4-ec6772715b25?in=14:49:50&out=14:55:00
... May's response is worth watching if you're a fan of meaningless drivel.

(If the clip doesn't auto play click on the play/pause button then click it again)

BlodwynPig

why was the speaker lecturing on the role of parliament - does he repeat the lecture every day?

Sherman Krank

He does do it a lot but then a lot of the current MP's abuse the system by calling for points of order that blatantly aren't.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 12, 2019, 01:10:53 PM
The leader of the SNP has been accused of calling May a liar in Parliament. He's just withdrawn the word on Bercow's orders.

"LIAR" IS MUCH WORSE THAN WHAT PEOPLE HAVE CALLED CORBYN, YES.

Paul Calf

QuoteOne man's fact is another man's political opinion

The Speaker of The House Of Commons there.

mothman

Why should she be worried about No Deal? Her, her fellow party members, friends, family, business partners, chums from school, they will all be protected and insulated from any consequences of it. They will feel no economic or safety impact from it. They will be kept safe and warm and fed. The enire security apparatus of the nation will be mobilised and deployed toward that goal. And, most important of all, the party will survive. Not one of them is really threatening to destroy the party in the name of what's best for the country, while plenty of them ARE prepared to do just that in favour of their imperialist pipe dream. And really the worse things end up the better - no need to worry about elections if there's a full-on state of emergency, is there? Of course, once order is restored, then there will have to be some recourse towards addressing people's Very Real Concerns. A few constitutional modifications to ensure such awful things like the 1997, 2001, 2005 and 2017 election results can never happen again, and Strong And Stable England can prevail.

finnquark

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 12, 2019, 05:36:42 PM
why was the speaker lecturing on the role of parliament - does he repeat the lecture every day?

Got his book to fill hasn't he

Jittlebags

I bet they won't withdraw the whip from him. Did they not re-whip a sex case for a vote a month ago?

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Jittlebags on February 22, 2019, 12:39:56 AM
Did they not re-whip a sex case for a vote a month ago?
It was two months ago and two sex cases (Elphicke and Griffiths).

steveh

This quote from Matthew Parris in The Times yesterday has been doing the rounds on Twitter:

Most politicians you can stick in one of a number of standard boxes for their personality type but Theresa May seems uniquely odd.

Replies From View

Alberon

Quote from: steveh on February 24, 2019, 08:40:07 AM
This quote from Matthew Parris in The Times yesterday has been doing the rounds on Twitter:

Most politicians you can stick in one of a number of standard boxes for their personality type but Theresa May seems uniquely odd.

The fact the same thing is coming from both Leavers and Remainers is telling. She might not have started this skip fire but her ineptitude and boneheaded determination to carry on the same path long past any rational sense have made it worse by orders of magnitude.

She is a very strange person. I don't think anyone has really been able to work her out.

mothman

Quote from: Alberon on February 24, 2019, 04:15:15 PM
She is a very strange person. I don't think anyone has really been able to work her out.

And hopefully - 90 pages and counting! - they won't have to try for much longer.

gilbertharding

I know this is mere trivia, but she just concluded an answer in Parliament - in actual FUCKING Parliament - with the 10 year old advertising catchphrase "Simples."

I'm trying to think of which animated gif best sums up my reaction at this point.

pancreas

Shoulders?-Stomach!

gilbertharding

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 26, 2019, 04:54:10 PM
Was that in response to Simples or what
No it's from November. There was a brief attempt to turn it into 'LABOUR MP CLIVE LEWIS GLEEFULLY MOCKS PEOPLE WHO'VE SHOT SELVES IN MOUTH SO MUCH FOR TOLERANT LEFT' but it didn't come to anything. Personally I think it's a beautifully executed bit of pantomiming and extremely funny.

Cuellar

It's good, it's positively Partridgean in how long it goes on.

pigamus

Quote from: Alberon on February 24, 2019, 04:15:15 PM

She's clearly autistic, isn't she? Is it wrong to say that?