Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: pigamus on February 27, 2019, 10:20:33 AM
She's clearly autistic, isn't she? Is it wrong to say that?

Depends whether you are using "autistic" as a pejorative term.

pigamus

Quote from: Replies From View on February 27, 2019, 12:23:19 PM
Depends whether you are using "autistic" as a pejorative term.

I wasn't meaning to, no. But her problems do seem quite extreme.

DrGreggles

I suppose we're all on some kind of spectrum.
I know I am, but I'll be upgrading to a new PC shortly.

ToneLa

I wouldn't like to label her with that but I'd be lying if I said I've never wondered.

I actually, currently, just think she's a horrible, selfish prick, because I watch PMQs most weeks and her whataboutery is too, too conscious to indicate anything other than unfair, cynical sneering. I know of no condition where such deliberate misconstruing and subject changing is accidental, short of, perhaps, extreme narcissism?

That's not a condition, that's a personality trait.

We all literally are on spectrums of every trait, but let's not eliminate the ability to just call her a callous, cynical cunt.

Blumf

She's behaving exactly like a self serving climber who has no vision or even an inkling of an idea on what to do other than her immediate base instincts. Said instincts are telling her to keep her head down and hope it all blows over, which works when you're not in the driving seat, and is exactly how she got to where she is now. Unfortunately (for us, more than May) that trick doesn't work any more when you're the actual leader.

The Peter Principal in action.

Johnny Yesno

She's a tory. What's to diagnose?

I believe condition is defined thus:

Quote from: J.K. GalbraithThe modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

Replies From View

Yes, I'd be wary of labelling a sociopathic lack of empathy as "autism" when "self-serving evil cunt" applies.

mothman

Quite so. I'm autistic and I don't really see it in her.

jamiefairlie

She's simply a racist. Hates immigrants and wants England to go back to the 50s, when white folks were happy. Which, ironically, actually makes her quite aligned with the bulk of the Leave voting masses.

steveh

A few months back when the Windrush scandal started coming to light and people were accusing May of racism there were comments from people that had worked with her that she wasn't explicitly racist in the way that, say, Farage is. Instead it was characterised as her having decided that she had a mandate from the country to remove migrants and so wanting to do everything she could to complete that task. I'm not sure I buy that but if it is the case it makes her an even stranger person.

Cuellar

Jerzy Bondov

Well, whatever she might think, she is a racist, because she has done and said racist things. I don't hate black people, I just deliberately created a 'hostile environment' for them and got them separated from their families and sent out of the country Oh well that's okay then. If anything that's worse isn't it?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 28, 2019, 10:31:30 AM
Well, whatever she might think, she is a racist, because she has done and said racist things. I don't hate black people, I just deliberately created a 'hostile environment' for them and got them separated from their families and sent out of the country Oh well that's okay then. If anything that's worse isn't it?

I think it goes beyond racism. Psychopath or sociopath perhaps. She hates "the others", and that includes you and me.

Alberon

I've said it before, but I'm convinced she's a masochist getting off on the daily extreme humiliation she suffers.

Cuellar

Imagine if you were. You'd just be going around 24/7 on the edge of cumming everywhere. Unsustainable. What will she do when she's no longer PM? How can she possibly reach those depths again?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on February 28, 2019, 03:51:00 PM
Imagine if you were. You'd just be going around 24/7 on the edge of cumming everywhere. Unsustainable. What will she do when she's no longer PM? How can she possibly reach those depths again?

Rambles with her husband. Pimms in a quiet back garden. Mrs. Marple on the TV as the sun dips below the horizon. Handel on the stereo. The house settles, its timbers old and wise. Far Far, so far away from the flames and the disease.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Alberon on February 28, 2019, 03:48:26 PM
I've said it before, but I'm convinced she's a masochist getting off on the daily extreme humiliation she suffers.

I think that too. She thinks she's a modern day martyr. I reckon she's really into her saints.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 28, 2019, 02:32:27 PM
I think it goes beyond racism. Psychopath or sociopath perhaps. She hates "the others", and that includes you and me.

Yeah, racism's just a grain of sand on her beach of oppression.

Ferris

Just got an email asking me to renew my overseas vote, they usually only do that around election time!*

Snap GE???

*might just be regular admin. They make voting from (and remaining registered as a voter) outside the UK as difficult as possible

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 28, 2019, 07:40:12 PM
Just got an email asking me to renew my overseas vote, they usually only do that around election time!*

Snap GE???

*might just be regular admin. They make voting from (and remaining registered as a voter) outside the UK as difficult as possible

I got a "vote Conservative. Vote Theresa May for President" by express delivery

Head Gardener

shh

I expect this has been posted before, but https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n06/david-runciman/do-your-homework

QuoteNow that May is prime minister, two things about this period are starkly apparent. First, her approach to Brexit is simply a continuation of the same pattern. She inherited Brexit. She will deliver it, unlike the supposed big thinkers – including Gove – who conjured it up in the first place. Unnervingly, it's difficult to avoid the conclusion that her embrace of a hard Brexit, prioritising the control of immigration over membership of the single market, is her way of finally completing the task. As Prince puts it, 'The challenge of controlling immigration [as home secretary] would become her most intractable problem and, by her own standard, the one she failed to overcome. In hindsight, the target she was set was probably always unachievable. Long after others had given up, she continued to strive to meet it. As prime minister, she still does.' 'I don't know whose idea the original promise was,' Michael Howard says of the 'tens of thousands' pledge, 'but I rather doubt it was hers.'

buttgammon

QuoteAs Prince puts it, 'The challenge of controlling immigration [as home secretary] would become her most intractable problem and, by her own standard, the one she failed to overcome. In hindsight, the target she was set was probably always unachievable. Long after others had given up, she continued to strive to meet it. As prime minister, she still does.'

I don't remember that song of his.

It was one of the less remembered album tracks from Sign O' The Times.

Alberon

May has no plan beyond repeatedly running at a wall and hoping this time she can magically pass through and not smash face first painfully into the bricks. Einstein reputedly said - The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Cuellar