Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:01:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dr Rock

QuoteBBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg says several cabinet ministers have said they expect Mrs May to announce her departure on Friday morning, although there has been no confirmation from Downing Street.

This morning?

ajsmith2

I'm calling it: a weary defeated rendition of Chas and Dave's 'There Ain't No Pleasing You' before collapsing backwards into a skip.

Paul Calf

Quote from: ajsmith2 on May 24, 2019, 08:03:51 AM
I'm calling it: a weary defeated rendition of Chas and Dave's 'There Ain't No Pleasing You' before collapsing backwards into a skip life of unbelievable opulence funded largely by her husband's investments in companies that supply arms to vicious tyrants.

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2018/04/24/theresa-may-husband-investment-firm-made-financial-killing-from-bombing-syria/

GRANT GONE.

Quote"Helen Grant, MP for Maidstone and the Weald, has announced her resignation on Twitter. She says:

Regrettably, I must now give notice of my resignation because I wish to actively and openly support one of the new leadership candidates and would not want there to be any perception of a conflict between the candidate's campaign and my role at CCHQ."

NOBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.

Cloud

How long do you reckon before the headlines update to "May delays announcement of departure date"?

Cuellar

Didn't the 1922 duffers or whoever say she has to announce a 'timetable' for her departure?

So she can say, 'I can confirm that I will resign....just as soon as I have delivered Brexit' BANG back to square one

Cloud

Subject to the sealed envelope confirming that they're suspending the rules that currently protect her til the end of the year.  Knowing how stubborn she is, I reckon she'll call their bluff.... and the question is, is it one?

ajsmith2

Only just realised her husband shares a name with the lead singer of cult 60s R n B/Psyche outfit The Pretty things.

bgmnts

Set to make a statement now or is that old news?

Cuellar

Quote from: ajsmith2 on May 24, 2019, 09:43:29 AM
Only just realised her husband shares  aname with the lead singer of cult 60s R n B/Psyche outfit The Pretty things.

Interesting! Funny that she goes by Mrs May and not Mrs Stock-Photo

She's expected outside No 10 at any moment, announcement coming.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Cuellar on May 24, 2019, 09:44:38 AM
Interesting! Funny that she goes by Mrs May and not Mrs Stock-Photo

It's part of her Alamy settlement.. sorry that doesn't work on several levels. Best I could do.

Cuellar

It's alright mine was weak. I just found the idea of someone being called Alamy Stock Photo funny. It would be a funny name

Quote from: Cloud on May 24, 2019, 09:42:06 AM
Subject to the sealed envelope confirming that they're suspending the rules that currently protect her til the end of the year.  Knowing how stubborn she is, I reckon she'll call their bluff.... and the question is, is it one?

Possibly. Changing the VoNC rules to deal with a short term problem (she's got 7 months max), could (and knowing this pack of conniving cunts, almost certainly will) have serious consequences for the party further down the road.

She's had a whiff of the election results. Hence she's resigning the next day (that being today). Now!

Paul Calf

Damian Green:

QuoteHe said: "Prime ministers come in all forms of personality. Perhaps inevitably, people at the moment are concentrating on the downside, but we have to remember the extraordinary sense of public service.

"And actually, in an era when political discourse has become so poisonous and vicious, she was always courteous, always polite.

"I think, the thing that I regard as the biggest tragedy, if you like, politically, is that she could never have the time and space to implement her domestic agenda - the attack on the burning injustices that she saw."

That is not a tragedy, you arse-kissing reptile. May's domestic agenda and her skill at implementing it would have been just as shit as her handling of Brexit.

EDIT: Add link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-48394091

greencalx

Statement coming. She will not be resigning. Don't be silly.

pancreas

Of course not. That would be too reasonable.

biggytitbo

Looks like they're going to let her be PM for a few more months yet, presumably in exchange for her not attempting to bring any form of the Withdrawal act back.

"Don't waste this extension..."

Cloud

MAY GONE

For a quick pee before she starts her statement

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on May 24, 2019, 09:52:11 AM
It's alright mine was weak. I just found the idea of someone being called Alamy Stock Photo funny. It would be a funny name
I find watermarked Alamy Stock Photos intrinsically amusing, so please carry on

Paul Calf

Cuellar

QuoteTheresa May is making her statement. She says that she has striven to make the UK a country that works for the many, not the few

Ha! Did she really fucking say that?!

Friday 7th June.

She's had a sniff of the EU Election results.

Sebastian Cobb

Must be something important, they've got Billy Corgan to bring the podium out!