Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katzenjammer

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 07:28:55 AM

hundreds of myths and lies - check

That's bollocks, unless you can do better than your fake bus.

I'm fine with voiding the whole thing.  Sounds like you'd agree if it weren't for the fact that you got the result you wanted.

Seriously, if the situation were reversed, if the vote had been a narrow one to stay in the EU and it had been the remain campaigns that had behaved as appallingly as leave did I would support another referendum. 

DrGreggles

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 07:28:55 AM

So you think we should disregard the remain votes too then? Broke law - check, hundreds of myths and lies - check, millions of people denied a say - check. And your side had the worlds major power structures and elites engaging in a giant psychologic operation to terrify us into voting remain didnt it, but let's not mention that.

So, given that, you think the referendum should be held again then?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 07, 2018, 07:32:07 AM
Why didn't any of these major power structures speak up for the EU ever prior to the referendum
Because the EU just was, it was serving them perfectly fine as it was. It was only when it was under this existential threat that they needed to wield the sword.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 07, 2018, 07:32:07 AM
Why are the establishment party in the UK the most anti-EU?
They're not. There's a nationalist wing of the party is, but the party overall is pro EU, cos of business. The tories are the party of bosses and face facts, company bosses and bankers have taken total control of this process now, that much has been made clearer than ever the last few weeks. They're in charge, not us.

Why were so many anti-EU campaigners very wealthy male entrepreneurs?
This is a merry-go-round now isnt it? The vast majority of corporate, financial and political power is pro EU because the EU is run for them. A small minority of outliers aren't. A small minority you'll exaggerate untill the end of time as if they're representative, because the reality is you're actually united on the same side of the fence as almost all the most active, oppressive holders of global power there is, and thats not a very comfortable place to be so wah Arron Banks.

biggytitbo

Quote from: katzenjammer on December 07, 2018, 07:45:23 AM
Seriously, if the situation were reversed, if the vote had been a narrow one to stay in the EU and it had been the remain campaigns that had behaved as appallingly as leave did I would support another referendum.

Konki

Can someone remind me how you block someone? Ta.

biggytitbo

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 07, 2018, 07:48:07 AM

Seems irrelevent now as they have decided we're remaining. If we end up going through the ritual of another referendum it will be formulated so remain win. It's a fait accompli now.

Alberon

At least confine this shit to the Brexit thread. This one is for the final act of ritual humiliation for May before she is sacrificed to the gods of business on the winter solstice.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Alberon on December 07, 2018, 08:23:46 AM
At least confine this shit to the Brexit thread. This one is for the final act of ritual humiliation for May before she is sacrificed to the gods of business on the winter solstice.

There is this as a consolation admittedly.

DrGreggles

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 08:21:38 AM

Seems irrelevent now as they have decided we're remaining. If we end up going through the ritual of another referendum it will be formulated so remain win. It's a fait accompli now.

Either you do think there should be another referendum or you don't.
Surely, in the interests of maintaining the purity of democracy, the "fact" that both campaigns lied and cheated should make the first referendum null and void. Or isn't democracy worth that much to you?

katzenjammer

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 08:14:46 AM

Oh you don't like that do you? It's uncomfortable for you to realise your level of integrity is comparatively low so you choose to disbelieve it instead.

Zetetic

Quote from: Alberon on December 07, 2018, 08:23:46 AM

Does anyone in the Tory party actually want to replace her, at this point?

I appreciate that the DUP might still be her undoing for other reasons.

Wish SF would cross their fingers or put on funny 'accents' (in the manner of Yau Wai Ching) for the pledge and take their seats for a laugh.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Zetetic on December 07, 2018, 08:33:38 AM
Does anyone in the Tory party actually want to replace her, at this point?

The fact that she's still there suggests a big no.
Why would anyone with an interest of becoming a Tory PM want to do so at the moment? That probably includes her.

biggytitbo

I don't think you can underestimate the ego and ambition of politicians. Someone will do it.

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 07, 2018, 07:48:07 AM

I have to say, if all you guys had put as much time and effort into campaigning for remain as you do trying to change Forum User:Biggytitbo's mind, well you'd still have lost but maybe at least you'd feel a bit better about yourselves?

Zetetic

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 08:37:47 AM
I don't think you can underestimate the ego and ambition of politicians
The suggestion is that people wouldn't want the position right now precisely because of their ego and ambition.

biggytitbo

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 07, 2018, 08:30:34 AM
Either you do think there should be another referendum or you don't.
Surely, in the interests of maintaining the purity of democracy, the "fact" that both campaigns lied and cheated should make the first referendum null and void. Or isn't democracy worth that much to you?

I'd probably support one if it was in the formats we discussed before, like multipart or some form of AV.

Alberon

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 08:37:47 AM
I don't think you can underestimate the ego and ambition of politicians. Someone will do it.

The Torygraph was reporting yesterday that a 'Stop Boris' campaign was already forming.

The hope seemed to be that May would complete Brexit then she could be ditched, but she has colossally fucked it all up to the point she might have to go now.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on December 07, 2018, 08:37:55 AM
I have to say, if all you guys had put as much time and effort into campaigning for remain as you do trying to change Forum User:Biggytitbo's mind, well you'd still have lost but maybe at least you'd feel a bit better about yourselves?

How do you know people didn't do both?

Replies From View

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on December 07, 2018, 08:37:55 AM

In a campaign about anything, it is important to know what lies your opponents are spreading so that you can balance them out.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on December 07, 2018, 11:05:15 AM
In a campaign about anything, it is important to know what lies your opponents are spreading so that you can balance them out.

Exactly!

BlodwynPig

Alberon

The Guardian is quoting The Telegraph (who have long since had the knives out for May) on the ministerial meeting that happened yesterday.

QuoteThe prime minister was confronted in Downing Street by Amber Rudd and other senior ministers who demanded to know what she intends to do to salvage the vote, and her Brexit deal with it.

During a crisis meeting in Downing Street called by Mrs May they offered her four options - including a postponement of the vote - but came away exasperated when she refused to commit to any of them.

At one point a frustrated Ms Rudd asked her: "What do you want to do, prime minister?" only to receive a "non-committal" reply.

May is absolutely paralysed, the few things tried this week have been nothing more than shifting the deckchairs a few inches while the ship is going down.

She really doesn't have a Plan B.

kittens

when does this big parliament vote happen please.

Alberon

Tuesday, or maybe never if everything goes really tits up.

biggytitbo

The tits are already up, its just a matter of whether May is masochist enough to allow parliament to savagely tweak the nipples.

Alberon

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I note the No-deal Catastrophe articles are being pushed to the front in efforts to focus minds towards accepting this shitpiss deal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on December 07, 2018, 01:09:25 PM
Tuesday, or maybe never if everything goes really tits up.

Heh! I'm back in the UK as the Titanic sinks.

biggytitbo

This is fun, and inexplicable, the tories have invited a camera crew to film their total humilation and disintegration - https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/12/itv-chief-whip-julian-smith-brexit-vote-

Sounds like it might be the Let It Be of political documentaries.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 07, 2018, 11:32:17 AM
Exactly!

Lies such as pretending a bus like that existed when it didn't.

And repeatedly posting an image of that bus even after you've been reminded that several decades' worth of lies from the UK press about the EU fatally undermines your fake bus meme anyway.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/the-eu-have-archived-all-of-the-euromyths-printed-in-uk-media-and-it-makes-for-some-disturbing-reading/14/11/

You have no arguments left, biggy.  Give it up.