Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Countdown to AreMaygeddon (the s.t.b. ex-PM thread)

Started by mothman, November 26, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absorb the anus burn

Cuellar

Quote from: Buelligan on December 09, 2018, 06:21:41 PM
Anyone else noticed how Boris Johnson's hair styling has changed.  Clownish to Imperial Rome.  I wonder why?

Cos he's a cunt

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Quote from: Cuellar on December 09, 2018, 06:36:16 PM
Cos he's a cunt

When you see it, you'll shit brix.

Or is it just a flesh coloured tie?

BlodwynPig

FredNurke

He should take a leaf (or several) out of Caesar's book, and wear a laurel wreath to hide his baldnescommemorate his many vict - oh, hang on.

Cuellar

He should take a leaf out of Caesar's book and fucking...die in a house

græskar

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on December 09, 2018, 06:54:20 PM

How much of a honeymoon period do you reckon he'd have as a replacement PM before a general election?

I'm hoping he becomes leader and they don't do a general election until he has EU shit on him and he loses all his 'lol boris he's one of the lads and so above politics lololol' shine.

Alberon

Trump-style tie there, but he does look like he's cutting back on the buffoon image now he knows May is near her end (win or lose she's toast).

He's wasting his time though. The Tory membership would vote for him, but the MPs would never allow his name to go forward to them.

biggytitbo

Johnson has too many enemies in the party to win a leadership contest. It'll be someone bland who hasn't upset too many people, like John Major.

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 09, 2018, 08:53:26 PM
Johnson has too many enemies in the party to win a leadership contest. It'll be someone bland who hasn't upset too many people, like John Major.

I think he's had his go, to be honest.

Cuellar

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on December 09, 2018, 09:57:58 PM
IT'LL BE JEREMY HUNT CALLING IT NOW

The biggest laugh. A laugh heard across the ages. A cataclysmic snigger.

BlodwynPig

biggytitbo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 09, 2018, 10:10:51 PM
Good, until I saw it was a Centrist campaign video.

Exactly, who is that meant to convince? They couldnt be more smug and tone deaf, and will probably deliver another leave vote if they continue to be front and centre in a second referendum. I can see a montage now of Gary Lineker, James cordon and Tony Robinson urging us to remain.

finnquark

Johnny Mercer, who I have never heard utter a single political thought in his time as an MP, is on Westminster Hour here talking some awful shite. Apparently Mrs May is feeling bullish, according to someone else. Where do they find these people? Sorry to add another edit, but someone has just claimed the public want her to hang around after a 100+ vote defeat, in contrast to Cameron heading off after the referendum. Mad.

pancreas

Conservative Party members, darling. Every one of them. Imagine joining the Conservative Party. Does that make it easier?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: finnquark on December 09, 2018, 10:20:09 PM
Johnny Mercer, who I have never heard utter a single political thought in his time as an MP, is on Westminster Hour here talking some awful shite. Apparently Mrs May is feeling bullish, according to someone else. Where do they find these people? Sorry to add another edit, but someone has just claimed the public want her to hang around after a 100+ vote defeat, in contrast to Cameron heading off after the referendum. Mad.

Patriotic rabid Conservatives positive-trigger words 101 "bullish".

BlodwynPig

finnquark

Not sure what the difference between Mercer/the other man and Labour voices rabbiting on about a General Election is. Similar levels of irreality.

Alberon

They've spent the last week begging May to change course. She's ignored them and is heading at warp factor five at the cliff face so all that is left is to show loyalty.

Tory voters like that sort of thing. It doesn't matter they'll all be lining up to get her to resign come wednesday morning, but for now she has their 'support'.

Dr Trouser

So the ECJ has said she can now revoke Art 50 if she wants. This is excellent as she now has so many ways of of conspiring her own downfall. Which one will she choose? It's getting really exciting now!

Let's not lose sight of the fact this is all about the end of Theresa May. Yes there are other implications (which could ruin our lives for years to come) but come on, it's the end of a Prime Minister, which is always great fun!

Howj Begg

jobotic

That's some quality contenders

Quote[Gove] said that it was "extremely unlikely" that he would stand for the Conservative party leadership. But he refused to rule it out. Yesterday Boris Johnson, Esther McVey and Dominic Raab all signalled that they were interested in standing too in TV interviews.

Alberon

Probably nothing but I saw on the Guardian's live feed that one of the Daily Hate Mail's reporters says there will be an 'emergency conference call' between ministers and the PM at 11ish.

The ECJ's ruling would have surprised no one so what has sparked that?

Has May finally buckled?

Paul Calf

Cool. So the Tories perpetuate their pissing contest while the country is dragged towards the cliff edge. Fucking spanners.