Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not Going Out Live Xmas Special

Started by Malcy, November 26, 2018, 12:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

It was mentioned that they were doing a live episode in the next series but it's the Xmas special that will be broadcast live on Friday the 21st of December.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5115/not_going_out_live/

I've been rewatching the last series. Was good.

Gulftastic

Did it pick up? I kind of lost faith after the first series with the kids.

Captain Z

The escape room episode was up there with the best of the rest, but crucially the kids weren't in that one. Can't recall any other episodes.

Malcy

Quote from: Gulftastic on November 27, 2018, 07:32:09 PM
Did it pick up? I kind of lost faith after the first series with the kids.

Yeah the kids are in it a lot less. It's more that a storyline can be to do with the kids but they don't appear for long. Great one last series about a toy they think one of Toby & Anna's kids have nicked.

neveragain

And ones about boxset-watching and doing up the garden I seem to recall were good.

Yes, the kids are shit but the series really does have (as it always did) some great highs. The other Christmas special was fab and quite tense. I wish them luck with the live show and hope they aren't all killed by ghosts.

Malcy

Brilliant that. Really good jokes and nods to camera.

neveragain

Yes, enjoyed it very much. Unquestionably naff but in the good old-fashioned sense. And yes, full of great jokes... though Bobby Ball wouldn't have gone amiss.

Do you think the fluffs were genuine?

Malcy

Quote from: neveragain on December 22, 2018, 12:22:04 AM
Yes, enjoyed it very much. Unquestionably naff but in the good old-fashioned sense. And yes, full of great jokes... though Bobby Ball wouldn't have gone amiss.

Yeah shame there was no Bobby Ball. Not sure about the fluffs. They really added to it either way though.

Jockice

I went off Not Going Out when it turned into Outnumbered but I watched this and it was very good. Something about them actually doing it live just added to it. A bit like when I went to see the Bottom stage show. I wasn't a fan of the TV programme at all but thoroughly enjoyed seeing it on stage.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: neveragain on December 22, 2018, 12:22:04 AM

I liked it too, there was the odd dodgy pun (one about a contortionist stuck out as being especially bad) but in general it was extremely likeable stuff, not enough to get me watching again but if they do another live episode I'll tune in. And I'm not sure about the fluffs either, it does seem like the sort of thing he'd write in but I hope that's not the case.

The Lurker

Just caught up on iPlayer. Loved it, so much better when the kids aren't in it. Couldn't work out myself if Lucy's fluff was genuine, came here to ask the same question!

St_Eddie

neveragain

Quote from: The Lurker on December 23, 2018, 01:43:00 PM
Just caught up on iPlayer. Loved it, so much better when the kids aren't in it. Couldn't work out myself if Lucy's fluff was genuine, came here to ask the same question!

I've a feeling it might have been. Also, Hugh Dennis in an early part of his song (before he was meant to fluff).

Both the flub and Lee's reaction felt very similar to the outtakes on the Not Going Out dvds. So either it was real or very well scripted.

lankyguy95

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on December 23, 2018, 06:52:32 PM
Both the flub and Lee's reaction felt very similar to the outtakes on the Not Going Out dvds. So either it was real or very well scripted.
His delivery was more like on WILTY rather than his terrible acting on NGO. That, and Sally Bretton's laugh makes me think it was real.

BritishHobo

I loved the touch of having Abigail Cruttenden and Hugh Dennis' characters forget the elements song but end up swinging it with lyrics just as fast and tough for the actors to perform.