Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OFFICIAL DESOLATION QUEST 2018 FINAL DRAW, NEWS and COMMENTS

Started by Spoon of Ploff, November 26, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

Fuck it. Lets get this done... as my Nan used to say.

So we've reached the final of Desolation Quest 2018. Think on this as an Exquisite Corpse but with words, and who can deny that some of the matches we've witnessed have produced some truly surreal works of art? Well.. Maybe Brian Sewell, but he's dead now.

Anyway...

the rules:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. Each round will have an opening theme supplied by the Administrator
3. There will be no limit on the word count of each shot, but each shot must contain one desolation only.
4. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) must link their desolation to the given theme for that round.  All subsequent shots can contain an element of the previous shot, or refer back to the given theme for that round.
5. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th desolation of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
6. Shots to be text only. No images or audio.
7. No death threats allowed.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 48 hours to post your desolation from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 48 hours start. If you're feeling sporting, PM your opponent when you've played your shot.

No word limit is to allow everyone to play to their strengths, but keep in mind that a variety of shots may count in your favour come vote time (and lessen your opponent's ability to predict your play).

The Final theme word is holiday

holiday
A-and our players:

Fishfinger v Huxleys Babkins

Fishfinger - you have the serve.

Don't forget chaps. There are three shots each in the final. So pace yourselves.

goooood luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

Spoon of Ploff

A reminder that voting in this the final of Desolation Quest 2018 ends this evening.

In the meantime, here's a graphic showing all those who were happy enough to play desolation quest 2018, but so far haven't been arsed to vote in this match:

Still time to get yer name off the list lads.

pancreas

pancreas

Sure. I never really bought the sweetness-and-light act, tbh.

Fuck me, I was just looking over this way to see if the final had happened after a pig of a week at work made me miss the semis.

Do you even have a job, Sploff? Do you want more videos, Sploofs?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on November 29, 2018, 12:08:15 PM
Fuck me, I was just looking over this way to see if the final had happened after a pig of a week at work made me miss the semis.

Do you even have a job, Sploff? Do you want more videos, Sploofs?

this is the only thing that gives my life meaning drummers.

PlanktonSideburns

BlodwynPig

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on November 29, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Sorry about that

Bazooka

Being shamed feels awful, I blame the time zone difference.

Fishfinger

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 29, 2018, 12:22:30 PM
this is the only thing that gives my life meaning drummers.

This is the only reason they take part. They don't have the heart to tell him.

Spoon of Ploff

This match is currently tied!!!

That means you could be the person who decides the winner!

Why not reach out to the players and sell your vote for untold wealth??

Spoon of Ploff

extending voting for another 24 hours.
.. if no one breaks the deadlock... i'm inclined to call this one a draw.

doing so would be quite poetical i reckon, given the following exchange:

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 03, 2018, 02:03:05 PM
what is point of saying "draw". we could all do it and then fucking what? fucking what!?

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 03, 2018, 02:08:26 PM
in the incredibly unlikely event of that happening. the administrator will cast the deciding vote.  oh wait, that's me isn't it?

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

That's it. It's all done and dusted. Huxleys Babkins is the new Desolation Quest champion.

Well done. Well done. You win this lovely trophy, found at Joe (the hoarder) Brovil's lock up. Forks and spoons not included:

You also win a free ticket (value £0.00) to Doxey Marshes, Stafford to see Simon Zerox's perform his reenactment of the 2015 partial eclipse using a large piece of cardboard carved for the occasion, and (if it's cloudy) a torch.

Kudos to fishfinger who was also in the final.

A-and thanks again everyone who took part. That was some smashing desolation you delivered.. and we can all sleep a little uneasier for it.

BlodwynPig

iT
S been chaotic at times but well done Spoon of Ploff for making my late 2018 that bit more enjoyable g
r
I m

Gregory Torso

Thanks Spoon Of for doing a good job keeping things in check and ruling with an iron whisk.
Well done Fingers and well done Babk now you are the king.
Everyone else is a looser ha ha.

Ferris

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 29, 2018, 11:06:17 AM
A reminder that voting in this the final of Desolation Quest 2018 ends this evening.

In the meantime, here's a graphic showing all those who were happy enough to play desolation quest 2018, but so far haven't been arsed to vote in this match:

Still time to get yer name off the list lads.

In my defence, I took a self-imposed week off CaB and I still voted so this is slander and or libel.

pancreas

In many ways, if you think about it, it was I, pancreas, who really won.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 29, 2018, 11:34:27 PM
There's always the wheel.

"even the royal house of hanover had the wheel, sir"

whole scene excised from the 1992 (macca's 50th) showing of the flick because charles/di. true fact.