Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,472
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:29:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vinyl shelf organiser bookend divider thingies - any good ones?

Started by ASFTSN, November 26, 2018, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASFTSN

Just moved house and now have THAT situation again, finding somewhere to put the music collection. I've got a cupboard which has one long shelf inside of it which is the only option for the records, but you can only line up around 60 or 70 LPs before they start to lean over, which is obviously not ideal (there's something like 350 that need to go on this shelf).

A family member has said that in the late 80's they bought some sturdy corner/base pieces which fit onto the corners of a bunch of 10 to 20 LPs or so, at the back edge of the row, if that makes sense. They reckon that these "chunks" of 20 LPs sitting in the corner bits, spaced every 100 LPs or so are heavy enough to keep the whole row of sitting records upright. Sounds great in theory.

Trouble is - I can't find anything like this and don't know what to search for really. Any vinyl heads able to recommend anything like this that won't break th'bank? Normal bookends aren't an option as there's nothing to clip them to.

Sebastian Cobb

You can get wooden crates to put in the cupboard if it's big enough, or make an inner box with separators that matches the inner dimensions of the cupboard to do the same thing, if you measured it right you could probably get b&q to cut everything to size for you, I got them to make horizontal shelves to allow me to put two rows of cd's in Ikea's kallax* stuff years ago and it worked fine.

*cheap ikea record storage:

holyzombiejesus

B&Q do cheap storage cubes. I started with the plain unfinished wood ones (which I'm not sure they make any more) and you could paint, varnish or dye those if you were so inclined. The modular ones they do now are really good as you can add to them as your collection grows. (As a guide, one cube holds about 85 records.)

https://www.diy.com/search?Ntt=storage+cubes

ASFTSN

^ Really helpful, thanks! Had no idea B&Q did things like that, a couple of those should fit in the cupboard nicely.