Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:35:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Faces - For the new £50

Started by Alberon, November 26, 2018, 05:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Sourfaced Cunt of Death will still be on the front but the Bank of England is looking for a deceased scientist for the back of the new £50 note.

On the 800 long list and eligible are...

British film comedian Will Hay?

Fast legged bloke Roger Bannister?

Demon Prime Minister herself Margaret Thatcher?

Sorry, I mean...

The actual reason all of them are on the longlist is because of a scientist connection. Will Hay was a respected amateur astronomer, Bannister practised medicine in the field of neurology, and Thatcher was a complete bastard helped invent soft scoop ice cream.

They are all likely to be whittled away as the list is shortened. International Gurning champion Stephen Hawking is probably to recently dead to get it, and maybe a little too white and male as well.

So who's dead, British, a scientist and deserves to be on the back of this new plastic £50?

Shit Good Nose

Alberon

Science does not equal magic, you naughty person!

MoonDust

Shit Good Nose

Sorry - my own mention of Majeika sent me down a rabbit hole.

Also I know Stanley Baxter and Geoffrey Durham aren't dead.

MoonDust

As a side note* how come the Queen's visage only ages on the coins? She's forever young on the notes. Like a reverse Dorian Gray.

*Pun very much intended.

Queneau

Shit Good Nose

MoonDust

Shit Good Nose

Bobby Davro in the stocks with his trousers down

MoonDust

Prince Charles emerging from the Queen's birth canal. But with the face he has now.

Grinning.

Fambo Number Mive

The £50 note shouldn't have anyone on it at all. just a Periodic Table or some basic science facts to educate people.

Blue Jam

im barry bethel

I'd like to see Flemming for his contribution to people not dying. Tim Bernie Winters is a bit too recent so Alun Turing should be in with a shout or go retro and resurrect Newton from green paper anonymity

Shit Good Nose

Savile, but specifically that photo where he's grinning with a big cigar between his teeth and the look in his eyes that says "I know that you don't know"

Shit Good Nose

Brian Cox.  But the actor, just to piss the other one off

MoonDust

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 26, 2018, 05:54:02 PM
just a Periodic Table or some basic science facts to educate people.

"Most shops will refuse to accept this note. Or at best, will be received with a huff."

Shit Good Nose

(this is all blatantly because my knowledge of dead British scientists is zilch)

Shit Good Nose

Queneau

The £50 note shouldn't have anyone on it at all. just a Periodic Table or some basic science facts to educate people.

I think it should just list all the places that won't accept it.

thenoise

They'll only allow black disabled lesbian transsexuals, just like there are on all of the other notes and coins #youcouldntmakeitup

im barry bethel

And what happens when the boffins discover Southend on Sea-nium eh?, it'd be like when the CoD got given a NoNo hair remover and all those £5 coins had to be junked because she no longer had upper lip peach fuzz

Quote from: Queneau on November 26, 2018, 05:59:28 PM
I think it should just list all the places that won't accept it.

France
Belgium
Canada
etc

BlodwynPig

Prince Charles. When Queen dies, you just turn the note over and the same criterion applies.

Shit Good Nose

Absorb the anus burn