Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Faces - For the new £50

Started by Alberon, November 26, 2018, 05:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Attila

Thomas Young is my fave British scientist.

Blumf

Heinz Wolff inventor of the baked bean.

KennyMonster

Quote from: MoonDust on November 26, 2018, 05:50:04 PM
As a side note* how come the Queen's vadge only ages on the coins? She's forever young on the notes. Like a reverse Dorian Gray.

*Pun very much intended.

I literally had no idea this was a thing.

I should maybe post it in the obis or fuck my hat thread but I won't (*snigger*).

Golden E. Pump

biggytitbo

Pioneering female snooker referee Michaela Tabb should be on it, to show that a woman can reach the very pinnacle of public life. And be sexy doing it.

Nowhere Man

Ken Worthington - was on New Faces in 1973.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on November 26, 2018, 07:07:55 PM
Ian Brady.

Levi Bellfield would be a simularly left field choice. Bound to upset the snowflakes though.

shh

Francis Bacon is the obvious omission, Aleister Crowley maybe less so.

MoonDust

Will and Kate holding a new born Prince George. Except instead of Prince George it's a Greggs sausage roll. Same size as baby George though.

Bazooka

Quote from: Piggyoioi on November 26, 2018, 07:42:06 PM

I didn't laugh honestly.

I'll pay 300 Greek drachma if someone  photo shop's a homeless Ian Beal note.

steve98

Ian Brady and Madeline McCann are NOT dead scientists like the specs demand (One of them may not even be dead). Neither are Leroy Blowfield or Greggs Sausage Roll.
So my money's on Maxwell, James Clark Maxwell, inventor of electromagnetic waves and facilitator of the modern world... I'm presuming him being Scottish and the note being Bank Of England won't be a problem.

Piggyoioi

Tomorrow's DailyMail are running a story that Maddie is actually alive and well as a deep undercover forensic scientist working on her own disappearance.

Quote from: steve98 on November 26, 2018, 11:16:42 PM
Ian Brady and Madeline McCann are NOT dead scientists like the specs demand (One of them may not even be dead). Neither are Leroy Blowfield or Greggs Sausage Roll.
So my money's on Maxwell, James Clark Maxwell, inventor of electromagnetic waves and facilitator of the modern world... I'm presuming him being Scottish and the note being Bank Of England won't be a problem.

Not really a fan of electromagnetic waves. The world was much tidier before they started getting everywhere.

Rolf Lundgren

Nobody ever sees £50 notes apart from drug dealers and rogue traders so if anything it's an insult to have your face on it.

Nowhere Man

Dr Robotnik is a brilliant scientist

MoonDust

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on November 27, 2018, 12:24:52 AM
Nobody ever sees £50 notes apart from drug dealers and rogue traders so if anything it's an insult to have your face on it.

I worked in a shop on a student campus and I saw a fair number of £50 notes. I only saw them during and a bit after freshers week and oddly only from Chinese students.

It must be a common denomination handed out at Bureau de Changes.

greenman

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 27, 2018, 01:25:29 AM
Dr Robotnik is a brilliant scientist

He's moved production to Malaysia though.

gilbertharding

Quote from: MoonDust on November 27, 2018, 05:46:00 AM
I worked in a shop on a student campus and I saw a fair number of £50 notes. I only saw them during and a bit after freshers week and oddly only from Chinese students.

It must be a common denomination handed out at Bureau de Changes.

The plural of bureau de change is bureaux de change.

Sorry. Carry on everyone.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 26, 2018, 07:33:11 PM
Ken Worthington - was on New Faces in 1973.

He came last though, and got a good pasting off Tony Hatch.

Norton Canes

I think it's only right that the new note commemorates Dr Christopher Magnus Howard 'Kit' Pedler, co-creator of the Cybermen.

Jittlebags

Dr. Ken Heaton for his work on Advanced Turd Studies and the invention of the Bristol Stool Scale.

PlanktonSideburns

Bald on the top long at the back Brian eno would look good on it, that shot of him in a wooly jumper with a cat on his lap

Alberon

Can anyone find out if Barry Chuckle had a PhD?

If he did we have a clear winner.

steve98

Then again, there's all the great "To me to you, to me to you..." patter that'll go along with every £50 cash exchange, which won't mean much to anyone, 10 years from now

Blinder Data

Icehaven

I don't care as I never see them. In fact the only time I've ever seen them was nearly 20 years ago when I had a holiday job in a supermarket, and even then it was only seeing not handling them as we weren't allowed to accept them. They remind me of that Simpsons episode with the trillion dollar note.

Icehaven

Tesla would be cool, or do they have to be British? If they have to British, dunno, Johnny Ball?