Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your unlikeliest celebrity sightings

Started by Blinder Data, November 26, 2018, 08:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: ColinPopshed on December 03, 2018, 08:09:43 PM
Trying to think of obscure ones - the guy who played Jim Robinson in Neighbours, in front of me in the Visa queue at the US Embassy in London, about 2003

It said on the radio this evening that he's coming back. From the dead apparently. I don't know, I've only ever seen Neighbours once in my life.

I was once in the same room as Kylie though, while she judged a Kylie lookalike contest. Beat that!

Cuellar

Sarge

My brother flew Emma Watson in hids balloon once and had to lend her money-she was caught unawares without her entourage thinking that there might be a cashpoint in the middle of the Mara

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Mr Banlon on December 03, 2018, 01:59:58 PM
Statto from Fantasy Football walking down the Grand Union towpath in Greenford.

Was this just after he was declared bankrupt? Alarm bells.

ColinPopshed

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on December 03, 2018, 08:22:33 PM
Presumably off on his way to mid/low-level TV fame in such shows as NCIS and Lost.

Indeed. I went to CA for (more traditional office-based) work, and continued to see him on the telly a lot, also in The OC and 24 off the top of my head.

ColinPopshed

Quote from: Jockice on December 03, 2018, 08:25:52 PM
It said on the radio this evening that he's coming back. From the dead apparently. I don't know, I've only ever seen Neighbours once in my life.

I was once in the same room as Kylie though, while she judged a Kylie lookalike contest. Beat that!

I walked past Natalie Portman in NYC once, Greenwich Village I think.

Nah, you still win :)

Brundle-Fly

Walter Koenig on the Piccadilly Line in 1986. Me and me mates stared wide eyed in disbelief. Chekov smiled at us nonchalently, and whispered "I am the navigator" whilst subtly doing the 'Live long and prosper' hand sign.  I mean, come on, how cool is that?

a duncandisorderly

damn. beats my carl palmer f'sure. LLAP.

TheMonk

Quote from: hermitical on December 02, 2018, 08:32:40 AM
Suzi Quatro, I opened the door after befouling the crapper on an Easyjet (or Ryanair, I forget) flight to Lübeck and there she was, waiting to use it. Sorry Suzi.
Make a stand for your man, honey
Try to clean the can

SteveDave

Not really unlikely but I said "Mr Lennon" and apparently made finger guns at Sean Lennon when I was last in Greenwich Village. Probably best I didn't tell him I went to his mum and dad's house the day before. He was lovely. Quite short and clad in a dark blue velvet suit.

mothman

Oh, that's tactful. What did you do for an encore? Run in circles around Kirsty MacColl's kids while making motorboat noises? Annoy Mariska Hargitay, then tell her not to lose her head?

SteveDave

Quote from: mothman on December 04, 2018, 08:55:49 PM
Oh, that's tactful. What did you do for an encore? Run in circles around Kirsty MacColl's kids while making motorboat noises? Annoy Mariska Hargitay, then tell her not to lose her head?

I don't remember doing finger guns but my wife says I did and who am I to disagree?

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Attila on December 03, 2018, 01:18:51 PM*Another one that probably won't count: Hugh Quarsie, who plays Rick on Holby City, was with his wife at the same time I was at the Viking exhibition at the British Museum a few years back. We got to talking about the artifacts; he is very funny and kind, and he and his wife invited me to join them for breakfast in the members' cafe.
Never met him and I don't know anything about him but I won't hear a word against Hugh Quarshie. Seems like a top bloke.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: TheMonk on December 04, 2018, 11:52:01 AM
Make a stand for your man, honey
Try to clean the can

if she was as fond of the broon as legend suggests, I dare say she'd be leaving it in a fair old state herself.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 05, 2018, 11:09:03 AM
if she was as fond of the broon as legend suggests, I dare say she'd be leaving it in a fair old state herself.

She must have the ability to withstand world class hangovers then. I can still feel the last one I had 10 years after I had any of that swill in  great quantity.

a duncandisorderly

that there's fightin' talk.... "swill"??

mrpupkin

I was in a lift with Lee Nelson at Kennington station the other day. Might not seem that unlikely but I never go to Kennington station. What a tale.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on December 05, 2018, 02:23:04 PM
that there's fightin' talk.... "swill"??

Yep. And I speak as someone who drank it quite regularly in my youth, tbf I drank all sorts of ropey shit back then. The only time it tasted OK was when it was ice cold and even then you'd get a shit weird tasting batch every now and again.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on December 05, 2018, 03:12:54 PM
Yep. And I speak as someone who drank it quite regularly in my youth, tbf I drank all sorts of ropey shit back then. The only time it tasted OK was when it was ice cold and even then you'd get a shit weird tasting batch every now and again.

never had a duff bottle. billy bad-shite the next day, but.

Ferris

Jamie Theakston on a secluded bridge in Venice doing a to-camera piece "...and how will our contestants get on here, in Venice?"

Never found out what he was presenting or why. It'd be about 2006 if anyone wants to hazard a guess.

Edit: 2 minutes of googling suggests it was shortlived Theakston-vehicle, The Search.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: mrpupkin on December 05, 2018, 02:52:48 PM
I was in a lift with Lee Nelson at Kennington station the other day. Might not seem that unlikely but I never go to Kennington station.

You get Unlikeliness points for him being a fictional character though.

St_Eddie

Did I ever mention the time that I spied Steven Spielberg walking along by himself, in Chinatown, New York?  Well, allow me to tell you again; I once spied Steven Spielberg walking along by himself, in Chinatown, New York.  This was during the time that Jurassic Park was playing in cinemas and he was wearing a Jurassic Park baseball cap, in a bit of shameless self-promotion.  STEVEN SPIELBERG seen with my VERY OWN PEEPERS!

...I don't like to brag about it, however.

Sin Agog

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 05, 2018, 10:33:14 PM
Did I ever mention the time that I spied Steven Spielberg walking along by himself, in Chinatown, New York?  Well, allow me to tell you again; I once spied Steven Spielberg walking along by himself, in Chinatown, New York.  This was during the time that Jurassic Park was playing in cinemas and he was wearing a Jurassic Park baseball cap, in a bit of shameless self-promotion.  STEVEN SPIELBERG seen with my VERY OWN PEEPERS!

...I don't like to brag about it, however.

What makes that one especially unlikely is HE'S NOT EVEN CHINESE!

Nowhere Man

I once saw myself in the mirror, starstruck so I was.

Sin Agog

Went clubbing with Keira Knightley at the Brighton Pav Tav (Indie night...so probably a Tuesday) maybe the same year Bend it Like Beckham came out. 

Cuellar

Oh wait I've got a good one!

My partner reckons she saw Larry David in M&S

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 05, 2018, 10:37:37 PM
What makes that one especially unlikely is the fact that HE'S NOT EVEN CHINESE!

True though.  I regret not asking him for an autograph or at least saying hello, considering that I was only 11 years old at the time and as such, I doubt that he would have been too annoyed to be approached by an overly excited, wide eyed kid, who'd only just seen Jurassic Park earlier that week and loved every second of it.  Regrets and missed opportunities; my life's full of them.  Probably best that I do just think of it as a random bearded Chinese man, who just happened to be wearing a Jurassic Park cap.  *sigh*

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 05, 2018, 10:40:55 PM
Went clubbing with Keira Knightley at the Brighton Pav Tav (Indie night...so probably a Tuesday) maybe the same year Bend it Like Beckham came out.

You went clubbing with her? Not unlikely that you'd see her in that case.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Cuellar on December 05, 2018, 10:42:30 PM
Oh wait I've got a good one!

My partner reckons she saw Larry David in M&S

Does Larry David ever come to Britain? I can't recall any UK television appearances he's done.