Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your unlikeliest celebrity sightings

Started by Blinder Data, November 26, 2018, 08:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidnightShambler

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 26, 2018, 10:56:33 PM
Perhaps more weirdly, I saw her in the mosque down the road from my digs about 13 years ago. She was with one of the actors who played the coppers in Early Doors, who I assumed was her husband, partner, whatever.

(on a darker note, said mosque has recently become infamous for links to extremism after that prick who blew himself up at the Manchester Arena had been known to go there a couple of years prior)

Brings a shiver to my spine that, knowing I was stood inches from a radicalised Eileen from Corrie in an airport security queue. You just cant tell with some people, can you?

NurseNugent

Just remembered another one.

The day after I lost my virginity I went into Manchester City Centre with my paramour and who should we see but Ken Morley and his minders in Debenhams, swanning around all 'don't you know who I am'. Again, Manchester isn't an unlikely location to see a Corrie actor but the fact that I associate it with loosing my virginity is kind of odd.

I also John Peel  getting into a taxi in Oxford Road, Manchester but again that's not  unlikely.

Thomas

Quote from: NurseNugent on November 26, 2018, 10:43:39 PM
Not unlikely but quite funny, Sandra Dickinson at the Dr Who exhibition in Brighton. She spent ages looking at he ex-husband's regeneration scene then whizzed round the rest in under 5 minutes.

Rather poignant. We should have a 'Poignancy' thread, adjacent to 'Desolation'.

Bronzy

Quote from: NurseNugent on November 26, 2018, 11:14:17 PM
I also John Peel  getting into a taxi in Oxford Road, Manchester but again that's not  unlikely.

Was that the day you lost your virginity?

NurseNugent

Quote from: Thomas on November 26, 2018, 11:14:26 PM
Rather poignant. We should have a 'Poignancy' thread, adjacent to 'Desolation'.

She had her younger, quite attractive new hubby with her though so I think she was having the last laugh.

Cuellar

Oh remembered another one.

Princes William and Harry in the McDonald's by the cinema in Hemel Hempstead.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NurseNugent on November 26, 2018, 11:17:33 PM
She had her younger, quite attractive new hubby with her though so I think she was having the last laugh.
I just read that her daughter is married to a former doctor too (Tennant). But most Whovians probably know that already.

BlodwynPig

Kevin Lloyd berating a Bulgarian waiter in a small cafe late one evening in Burgas. This was before his death.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: non capisco on November 26, 2018, 09:54:33 PM
Meg Ryan telling a joke to a man with a massive neck in the now defunct Wetherspoons 'The Moon And Sixpence' which used to be on Wardour Street. It was definitely her.

Meg Ryan simulating an orgasm in the then defunct Wetherspoons 'The Moon and Sixpence'.

chveik

holocaust denier David Irving at a Bar Mitzvah. beat that!

DrGreggles

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on November 26, 2018, 10:38:17 PM
I caught the eye of Laura Kuensburg eating a scotch egg (she herself is scotch so seemed apt) last saturday.

She just calls it an egg.

Oh, and the bloke who played Lou Carpenter in Neighbours at Orlando airport.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on November 26, 2018, 11:37:21 PM
holocaust denier David Irving at a Bar Mitzvah. beat that!

David Duke a Club Paradiso.

DrGreggles

Rolf Lundgren

Barry Norman stepping off a train at King's Cross. Unlikely as he should have been in the cinema or working on a pickled onion recipe.

mothman

Sajid Javid in the Cabinet Office. Which isn't all that unlikely, really.

Neomod

Andrew Ridgeley in front of me at Camden Sainsburys buying dogfood. Would have preferred it to be Keren to be honest.

zomgmouse

mothman

I've been in the queue for things behind Jonathan Ross twice: Forbidden Planet London, and a cinema in Leicester Square. Again, neither unlikely venues for him really. I'm rubbish at this, I should've quit while I was ahead - or rather when Jimmy Saville was ahead (of the Tour de France).

MidnightShambler

Gangrel from WWE lives in Birkenhead now, seen him that many times in places like Asda and B&M that I don't even think it's weird anymore. Besides, if you walk through that town centre in the afternoon he's by no means the strangest looking one.

Brian Freeze

Sorry Mothman, but seeing Jimmy Saville at the head of a British stage of the Tour de France isn't unusual either. He was a very well known supporter of cycling races in the UK. Frequently involved in the Milk Race over the years and even competed in an early Tour of Britain I think.

Bingo Fury

Adam Faith, stopping his plush black car in the middle of the grimy street I lived in off Leith Walk, getting out and yelling "SAMANTHAAA!" up at a second-floor window for what seemed like several minutes.

Servalan, foot of Leith Walk, just outside the newsagents.

colacentral

Told it before but I saw Shaun Ryder on a pier in Tenby.

Sin Agog

I didn't think I had any weird ones, but then I remembered, right after finishing hiking the West Highland Way (I think it's from Glasgow to Ben Nevis),  I had an encounter with Rod Liddle in some hotel.  My brother had stayed up with him at the bar the night before, regaling him with anecdotes about a mutual friend and the fucked up psychedelic noise he heard me playing all the time, while Rod actually teared up talking about his mate from The Only Ones who died.  I saw him the next day at breakfast, looking hungover as fuck.  Only found out what a wanker he was when I wiki'd him back home.

Sin Agog

Oh, wait.  Also hired out rollerblades to Mel B.  She used her pram (with Eddie Murphy's baby in it) as a brake.

Sin Agog

And Robert Plant wafting into the fancy clothes shop I was working at, prompted by the lissome blonde on his arm, and dancing to Outkast's Aquemini which I was playing on the speakers.  He really bailed me out, as he bought like 2K's worth of stuff, and I hadn't sold a thing all day.

Chris Eubank also bought a giant denim jacket I was seconds away from marking down.  He wears the thing all throughout his Louis Theroux episode, and gets it taken the piss out of on A Question of Sport.  It looked like a four-man tent when he wore it.

Bennett Brauer

As far as unlikely celebrity sightings go, it's not going to be easy to beat Red Lantern's sighting of Kelly Holmes in the London Marathon of all places, but years ago Art Garfunkel walked past me on the Welsh coastal path near St Davids. No one believes me.

MoonDust

Someone I know got illegally overtaken in his car by Amir Kahn in Bolton.

Twit 2

Along a canal in Kent, Graham La Saux in a box of maggots, wriggling like he was one of them and - I'm quite sure of this - mewling at the fishermen to be next.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

As a teenager I worked on the cigarette kiosk in A Leeds branch of Morrisons, where I would regularly see the cast of Emmerdale knocking about. Saw Eric Pollard trip over his own feet, Zack Dingle striding manfully through the building and Chloe Atkinson reading through all the magazines, but never buying any.

Saw John Linnell examining architecture in Manchester City centre. He had a gig on that evening, so it's not that unlikely.

Amanda Burton was spotted having a coffee and a natter in the same Manchester cafe that my friend and I were visiting.

I was getting petrol in a Bolton petrol station, when in strode 'Big' Sam Allerdyce - the cashier excitedly directed my attention to his arrival, but as I have no interest/knowledge regarding football, his presence meant very little to me.

In the late 80s, Timmy Mallett was stalking a beach in Mallorca with a camera crew, for one of his Wacaday segments. My infant sister wept throughout the whole recording and her wails were broadcast for all to hear.

thraxx

I once saw Noel Gallagher in Marks and Spencer's in Amersham. He was stood there with his little basket deciding which of the posh sandwiches to get.