Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your unlikeliest celebrity sightings

Started by Blinder Data, November 26, 2018, 08:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

I also once saw Suzi Quatro AND Jimmy White in the same horrible death trap mini amusement park somewhere on the south last on a miserable cloudy day. They weren't together though, they just both happened to be there at the same time with their families.

mothman

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 27, 2018, 01:02:03 AM
Sorry Mothman, but seeing Jimmy Saville at the head of a British stage of the Tour de France isn't unusual either. He was a very well known supporter of cycling races in the UK. Frequently involved in the Milk Race over the years and even competed in an early Tour of Britain I think.

That's the last straw, I'm flouncing too.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Neomod on November 27, 2018, 12:36:04 AM
Andrew Ridgeley in front of me at Camden Sainsburys buying dogfood. Would have preferred it to be Keren to be honest.

I saw Keren in a petrol station while Ridgeley filled up his swanky motor.
She bought some tabs and looked amazing.

Bobby Treetops

Nearly being run over by Tom Conti in his Rolls Royce, as he reversed the wrong way down a one way street.

'Wrong way, down a one way street'

Also just last week, having to swerve my bike around Mark Moore of S'Express as the dozy git walked straight out in front of me.

Finally a very, very grumpy looking Kevin Eldon in the Edmonton branch of IKEA.

poodlefaker

Chris Morris, again; about 5 years ago, in full cycling gear at the head of a bunch of cylists waiting at the lights on the Strand as I crossed the road in front of him.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on November 27, 2018, 08:59:42 AM
Nearly being run over by Tom Conti in his Rolls Royce, as he reversed the wrong way down a one way street.

More like Tom Cunti.

SteveDave

Endicott

Terry Sue-Patt at a party in Finsbury Park. May have mentioned that before.

U2 in a Tapas bar in Barcelona. Had to stop a mate from pestering them.

Ronnie O'Sullivan in a kebab shop late on a Monday night. He signed my mate's pool cue.

Bernard Bresslaw in a skip. I crossed to the other side of the road, just something about him.

Blinder Data

Thank you for your unlikely celebrity sightings, and to Bennet Brauer and Brian Freeze for policing the thread in my absence.

MoonDust has been particularly egregious in his proposals. Amir Khan from Bolton, in Bolton? Dublin resident Louis Walsh, in Dublin? James Nesbitt in Manchester, filming Cold Feet, which is famously filmed in Manchester? Buck up your game, sunshine.

I'm not sure celebrity encounters at airports are valid either. Corrie stars at Manchester? No dice. The Beardsley story is good though.

This thread is getting perilously close to likely celebrity sightings, and that's the one thing I didn't want to happen.

Norton Canes

Erstwhile England defender mark Wright at Sherwood Forest Center Parcs. DJ and presenter Mark Radcliffe at Manchester's Chill Factore indoor ski place.

Not sure why either of those are unlikely, TBH. They're as likely as anyone else to spend a bit of leisure time somewhere.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 27, 2018, 10:03:16 AM
Erstwhile England defender mark Wright at Sherwood Forest Center Parcs. DJ and presenter Mark Radcliffe at Manchester's Chill Factore indoor ski place.

Not sure why either of those are unlikely, TBH. They're as likely as anyone else to spend a bit of leisure time somewhere.

Incongruity of the celeb with the surroundings can be just as valid as the unlikeliness.

Head Gardener

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 26, 2018, 09:15:17 PM

Did she have her notoriously large and bouncy boobs out?

they were both very small never noticed the boobs though, I was just doing my job.
I should add that I saw Brian May get up and head to the bar (or maybe the loo) in the half-time break of the musical Spamalot

biggytitbo

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 27, 2018, 10:15:41 AM
they were both very small never noticed the boobs though, I was just doing my job.
I should add that I saw Brian May get up and head to the bar (or maybe the loo) in the half-time break of the musical Spamalot

Did you see his notoriously large and bouncy cock and balls?

gilbertharding

Saw Bob Mortimer in whatever they call the shopping arcade in Tunbridge Wells, in about 1995. Weekday afternoon it was.

And one Sunday about five years ago we were in a Maidstone garden centre, mooching about looking for garden stuff. I kept bumping into this family (you know how it sometimes happens in shops?). The woman was noticeably, incongruously, glamorous - a tall blonde, wearing short shorts. It was only after a while I realised she was Nancy Sorrell, and the crumpled scruffy elderly man she was with was her husband, Vic Reeves.

lebowskibukowski

I sold some light bulbs to Dean Lennox Kelly last week (didn't recognise him at first as he looks just like yer stereotypical electrician) and saw Johnny Ball waiting for a ferry in Malta a couple of years back. Due to his wife having her business based approximately fifteen feet from where I work, I tend to see Nick Cave at least once a week, always wearing the world's tightest jeans.

The Lurker

I saw Martin Gray - that's right, the Martin Gray who used to manage York City - filling up his van at Easington services this morning.

Not that unlikely, nor is he a celebrity but I immediately thought of this thread when I saw him. You're welcome, CaB.

Small Man Big Horse

When I went to see House of Flying Daggers at the Kilburn Tricycle Cinema David Mitchell was behind me in the queue for tickets. Sadly it never influenced an episode of Peep Show, and he's yet to fly through the air and kick Rob Brydon in the face on What I Lie To You?, but I still watch it in the hope that he one day will.

As a youngster my sister and I saw Tommy Boyd in our local Marks and Spencers, and spent five minutes hiding from him whilst loudly shouting his name. And also when young I was at the local sweet shop (a frequent affair) and a big limo pulled up and Jim Davidson got out of it, and had a nasty black eye which amused even back then as I was aware there was something a bit off about the fella.

Buelligan

I went into a small restaurant in Virginia Water for an emergency lunch with a friend.  The only other eaters in the place were Sir Brucie, Wilnella and their seed.  I think it was an Italian.

Who knew he ate?

The Lurker

Oh, I thought of another: I once saw Alison Hammond in a Poundland in Sunderland. She was on her phone and was quite loud. Didn't see what she was buying so I don't know if she was going down the Mark Lamarr route of buying shit loads of Quavers.

Lewman

Once served Rolf Harris in a petrol station circa 1999. Was a hot day so he bought soleros and £20 of lottery tickets. People in the queue were asking for autographs and the manager came out to 'welcome him to the service station'.

He left and then came back 5 mins later as he thought hed left his wallet. Turned out it was in his pocket?!

Strange days....

Quote from: Buelligan on November 27, 2018, 11:30:36 AM
I went into a small restaurant in Virginia Water for an emergency lunch with a friend.  The only other eaters in the place were Sir Brucie, Wilnella and their seed.  I think it was an Italian.

Who knew he ate?

Was this before he died?

Paul Calf

I saw Anna Soubry walking past the off-licence.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Lewman on November 27, 2018, 11:53:23 AM
He left and then came back 5 mins later as he thought hed left his wallet. Turned out it was in his pocket?!

Strange days....

Did he ask you to take a look for him?

SteveDave

Lawrence of Felt/Denim/Go-Kart Mozart "fame" in Poundland in Muswell Hill around 2014/15. He looked see through.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Lewman on November 27, 2018, 11:53:23 AM
Once served Rolf Harris in a petrol station circa 1999. Was a hot day so he bought soleros and £20 of lottery tickets. People in the queue were asking for autographs and the manager came out to 'welcome him to the service station'.

Strange days....

Did he take you out round the back and show you his didgeridoo?

Head Gardener

I was a steward on the Euston to Manchester service for a few years and met some legendary stars, for example late 70's Corrie shop assistant Suzie Birchall
on a train heading up north (probably for filming the much beloved soap) and on another trip (not long after funnily enough) I also served ex Man Utd manager Tommy Docherty afternoon tea.

BlodwynPig

John Nettles trying to get his 4x4 out of a patch of thick mud in a Devonian forest. Told me he didn't want me to get covered in "all this muck", so refused my offer of help.

Neomod

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 27, 2018, 08:54:00 AM
I saw Keren in a petrol station while Ridgeley filled up his swanky motor.
She bought some tabs and looked amazing.

harumph.

Neomod

Quote from: Bobby Treetops on November 27, 2018, 08:59:42 AM

I nearly got run over by irresponsible cyclist Jon Snow1 on Kentish Town road.

1.The channel 4 news anchor not the bastard son of Ned Stark.

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on November 27, 2018, 10:49:44 AM
Due to his wife having her business based approximately fifteen feet from where I work, I tend to see Nick Cave at least once a week, always wearing the world's tightest jeans.

Somewhere in Brighton I presume?

I'd spend a lot of time admiring his wife from afar if I worked that close to her. She's stunning.