Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:13:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mindy Kaling

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, November 26, 2018, 10:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Going to read her book. Never seen her in anything. Anyone got any opinions about her?

Lordofthefiles

lankyguy95

She was alright in The Office US. Haven't seen anything else she's done.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on November 26, 2018, 10:44:17 PM
Going to read her book. Never seen her in anything. Anyone got any opinions about her?

I really didn't like that book. Felt a bit pointless and unfunny.

chveik

QuoteKaling is a 1% owner of Swansea City A.F.C., a Welsh football team based in Swansea, Wales.

Nowhere Man

She was in a recent episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, although she had a pretty boring character in that.

Twed

Her outward comedic persona is that of a Cathy Comics pain in the arse, which makes it difficult for me to want to delve into her work. The only other place I've seen her is in advertising. It would be nice to hear she's actually really good or something.

Custard

Good in The Office. I lasted one episode of her solo show

C+

ajsmith2

Worth emphasising that she wrote and later directed many classic Office US episodes, and her acting on the show is only a tip of the iceberg style fraction of her total creative input into it. Always found it odd to think that her and BJ Novak played the most shallow and gauche characters on the show when behind the scenes they were writing the scripts and directing their older co-stars around while they were still in their fucking twenties. Now, that to me is living the life. Ah, the 00s. I didn't have a cool time then, but other people sure did!

neveragain

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 27, 2018, 08:28:49 AM
Always found it odd to think that her and BJ Novak played the most shallow and gauche characters on the show when behind the scenes they were writing the scripts and directing their older co-stars around while they were still in their fucking twenties. Now, that to me is living the life.

Oddly similar to Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash (except the twenties bit).