Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:02:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How Old is Chris Morris Please?

Started by manticore, November 27, 2018, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manticore

I want to know if he's actually the same age as me, as alleged by wikipedia - DOB 15 June 1962; or three years younger, as per IMDB - DOB September 5, 1965.

I'm thinking the latter is correct, which would be a bit annoying.

How old is Chris Morris please?

ajsmith2

If the latter date is true, he shares a birthday with me! (But I'm 15 years later).

Not sure it's '65 though. I know it's not much help, but isn't there's a picture of him in Disgusting Bliss taken on Dec 9th 1980 (the day after John Lennon was shot folks) captioned that he's in sixth form or maybe college? Maybe someone who actually owns in and hasn't just flicked through it in shops a few times can confirm. He looks a lot closer to 18 than 15 in the image anyway.*

*I'm aware this sentence taken out of context sounds like something dodgy said by a wrong un in the Brass Eye Special or something.

Old Nehamkin

I'm pretty sure his birthdate is given in Lucien Randall's Disgusting Bliss biography. I think '62 is correct, but maybe someone who has a copy to hand can confirm.

kilgore

Disgusting Bliss has it the same as Wikipedia.

manticore

Well it pleases me greatly to think that Morris is only a month older than me, and was going through all the various social and cultural developments of the late C20th at the same age.

So do you remember Aberfan, I could ask, and he could nod sadly and we could bow our heads together in remembrance. And what about Christopher Trace? Oh fuck off, you don't mark out your life in terms of who was on TV do you? he would say, and he'd be right too.

Shaky

I recall an article from '92 or so saying he was 29 then another in '96 saying he was 34. Which would indeed put in around the 55/56 mark this days.

Clownbaby

manticore

Quote from: manticore on November 28, 2018, 12:39:46 AM
Well it pleases me greatly to think that Morris is only a month older than me

A month younger, not older, for Christ's sake, get it right. Morris was only five months old when he was almost eviscerated by a nuclear bomb courtesy of JFK, while I was all of six months and had probably started to sit up alone in my cot. I could probably have rolled from my back to my stomach and vice versa too apparently.

Not sure that the difference in maturity would be quite so evident now though.