Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your unlikeliest celebrity slightings

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, November 27, 2018, 05:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lady Gaga called me a "No mark shitcunt" after I refused to knock a fiver off a set of Ikea shelves I was flogging.

Head Gardener

I've probably told this before but ho hum, Terry Hall came up to the fag kiosk I was working in on Euston Station
he asked for something I honestly can't remember what but it may have been confectionery related.
I was just so surprised to be faced there and then with the cheery chap that I simply blurted out "so what was it like to work with David Byrne?" as the FB3 has just
released their 2nd LP produced by the Talking Heads man - but the time and place were horribly mis-placed and Terry simply shook his head, looked very sadly at me and
walked away without his Twix or whatever it was he really wanted and I was left crushed and slighted wondering if I should have just kept my goddamn mouth shut.

shiftwork2

Oblique slighting here and I have told this before so you need to make a decision about whether to read on.

Ok good choice.  When I had my 1994 trousers on (in 1994) I saw Echobelly at the Powerhaus in Islington. Lots of famous punters including Eddie Izzard, Luke Haines and most of the band that had taken up with Morrissey around the time of Your Arsenal.  My friend approached one of this lot as he was a Moz nut and struck up a brief conversation before the band member (honestly can't remember who) just shook his head and walked away.  I asked what had happened.  "He said 'Morrissey doesn't like your sort'".

Brundle-Fly

Once on a catering job at a pro-celebrity golf tournament, I got bollocked by Eddie Large in front hundreds of people. I was wandering across the course selling cans of Coke from a cupboard drawer. He shouted, "Hey! Chocs and ices! Get off the bloody fairway!" and everybody laughed.

I also ate ten beef burgers that day at the height of the mad cow disease debacle.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 27, 2018, 06:47:41 PM
Once on a catering job at a pro-celebrity golf tournament, I got bollocked by Eddie Large in front hundreds of people. I was wandering across the course selling cans of Coke from a cupboard drawer. He shouted, "Hey! Chocs and ices! Get off the bloody fairway!" and everybody laughed.

I also ate ten beef burgers that day at the height of the mad cow disease debacle.

Genuinely LOLd at both parts of that story, and Eddie's "chocs and ices" as well.

Buelligan

Johnny Morris told me to FUCK OFF when I was about five.  Made me cry. 

My dad had made me go and ask him for his autograph. 

Didn't know what fuck off meant or even what an autographs was. 

Cuellar

Kris Akabusi threw a basketball at the hoop, it bounced off the rim and hit one of the set lights on the side of the court. He blamed it on me, a 6(?) year old boy.

Zetetic

How old and what gender was Kris Akabusi in this story?

Cuellar

I can only guess at his age (actually I could work it out couldn't I) - I estimate he was 35 years old.

He presented as male.

Zetetic

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Cuellar on November 27, 2018, 07:31:27 PM
Kris Akabusi threw a basketball at the hoop, it bounced off the rim and hit one of the set lights on the side of the court. He blamed it on me, a 6(?) year old boy.

Did he laugh after he blamed you though?

Cuellar

He did. It could have been a laugh of gloating malice or jocularity. I couldn't decide which at the time, and I'm still not sure.

I met Muggsy Bogues that day, too. But he didn't laugh at me.

BlodwynPig

I was heading to see my beloved Ozric Tentacles play on the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow, a few weeks after I had just arrived to start my PhD. Still a bit wary of the City and not knowing my surroundings, I was nervous about getting back home in the dark (twit alert 1). As I approached the venue I saw 'Jumping' Jon Egan. Starstruck (twit alert 2), I nervously asked him how long they would be playing (twit alert 3) and he mockingly responded "when we're finished". So mortified, I ended up slinking back home in the daylight and missing the gig (mega twit alert). Never recovered. I did see Kevin Ayres there a year or so later and left early cos he was crap.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Cuellar on November 27, 2018, 07:39:09 PM
He did. It could have been a laugh of gloating malice or jocularity. I couldn't decide which at the time, and I'm still not sure.

You probs didn't display enough PMT.

Beagle 2

I was a runner on a show once and Nick Knowles shouted at me to get out of the way. To be fair, I was in the way. Later I saw him on some stairs moaning about being exhausted to his agent, and he was in the way of me. Did I shout at him? No, because I am the better man.

(I'm not, obviously, Knowles is an absolute phenomenon.)

flotemysost

I received a sort of exasperated email from Steve Coogan a few years ago. It wasn't even really addressed directly to me, but I did feel a bit bad still.

Brian Freeze

Jussi Jaaskelainen denied being Jussi Jaaskelainen when I asked him about it at a gig.
He bloody well was though.

Nowhere Man

Quote from: flotemysost on November 27, 2018, 10:27:42 PM
I received a sort of exasperated email from Steve Coogan a few years ago. It wasn't even really addressed directly to me, but I did feel a bit bad still.

How did the email reach you? Had he written a complaint addressed to the company you worked for?

Howj Begg

Grahame Coxon and Alex Cheese told me and my mates to "fuck off" when we approached them in the bar at a Gene gig at the Astoria, c.1995

smudge1971

Sid Waddell on the first Sunday morning Harrogate to Leeds train. Asked me to stop staring at him. I wasn't; I had drunkenly slept on one of the nation's park benches for two hours and had the fear which obviously translated to a 1000 yard stare.

Jerzy Bondov

Is this just times you've been slighted by a celebrity or can it include times you've slighted a celebrity? My dad saw Pete Goss walking around somewhere and said quietly to me 'That's Pete Goss'.
'Who's that?' I said. By this point Pete Goss had moved to within earshot so my dad said, 'don't worry about it.'
No. That wasn't enough for me. I didn't realise he was so close and I had to know who it was. 'No, who is it?'
'It doesn't matter.'
He was fair winding me up now. Why bring up this Pete Goss bloke and then refuse to answer any of my reasonable questions about Pete Goss? 'Seriously, who's Pete Goss?!' I said, very loudly, in front of Pete Goss and his family.
I still cringe when I think about this. Poor old Pete Goss.

jobotic

i have told this before, and it doesn't involve so it's cheating. My uncle when at school brought a classmate home for tea one day, the classmate being Geoff Capes. My grandmoher, when recalling this, called GC "an unpleasant child". She wasn't that pleasant herself.

Jerzy Bondov

My friend saw Simon Amstell walking down the street and turned to me and said 'Fucking hell it's Simon Cowell'

I don't know if Simon Amstell heard him though so this may not be a slighting.

Fishfinger

While goofing around in a rehearsal room in Wolverhampton with some friends, The Sandkings trooped in, kicked open a locked storage door and started retrieving their gear. As if this wasn't anecdote enough, Jas Mann said, "Can you give us a hand? Oh, no, you're..." and left. As he didn't even finish the thought, I'm unclear on precisely which deficiencies he'd identified. Prick. But I never made a horse's arse of myself on Brass Eye like he did, so in many ways I had the last laugh.

Glebe

Quote from: jobotic on November 28, 2018, 10:58:55 AM
i have told this before, and it doesn't involve so it's cheating. My uncle when at school brought a classmate home for tea one day, the classmate being Geoff Capes. My grandmoher, when recalling this, called GC "an unpleasant child". She wasn't that pleasant herself.

Heh!

Queneau

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 28, 2018, 01:11:39 AM
How did the email reach you? Had he written a complaint addressed to the company you worked for?

Working for The News of the World of course; intercepting those mother fuckers.

I got a slightly contemptuous look off Gorden Kaye when I proffered him a breaded chicken drumstick. (To be fair, it did look a bit dry and unappealing).
(Just to clarify, by "it" I meant the breaded chicken drumstick, not Gorden Kaye).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Is it * really* worth my repeating the time when Julie Christie gave a snort of laughter and told me to fuck off, albeit in a jocular way, shortly after buying me a drink ?

flotemysost

Quote from: Queneau on November 28, 2018, 06:24:37 PM
Working for The News of the World of course; intercepting those mother fuckers.

Ha, not quite as exciting, but Nowhere Man was almost there - I work for his publisher and had to send a bulk email (from a generic address) to lots of our authors, and I think he was a bit annoyed that it was sent to him and not his assistant. Not exciting at all, in fact.

PaulTMA

I saw Jo Brand watching Ash at T In The Park 2004