Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Ups - Two Parts Together (post-hardcore 2018 banger)

Started by alan nagsworth, November 27, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Are there many worse feelings for a music obsessive than discovering a band via their cracking new album, only to discover they just broke up? Well, that's the boat I find myself in with Big Ups, who ended their three album career earlier this month. But AT LEAST WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE MUSIC

here's the music:

If you're into the quiet / LOUD dynamics of bands like Shellac and (the last album by) mclusky, and the other noisy joys of early post-hardcore from the likes of Fugazi, there's much to enjoy in this brief 30-minute album, with a fair whack of interesting ideas utilised very well in its short duration.

I've been rating everything I've listened to released in 2018 for a massive end of year chart and this one gets a solid 8/10. Really great stuff.

Trying to Love

Imaginary Dog Walker

PerryJaco

I do not know how much you can help me get this information because I want to access a lot of information, I do not know how to help me?

alan nagsworth

I only help those who help themselves. You know, like at buffets and that