Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Jason: Great Right?

Started by MuteBanana, November 27, 2018, 11:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuteBanana

He was and still is Granville. He was Del Boy and Count Duckula and Dangermouse and Toad from Wind in The Willows. He was the classic BFG we all remember. He was Detective Jack Frost. He was Pa Larkin. And more. The Royal Bodyguard.

David Jason just leathering out stunning, varied, character performances one after another.

Not bad.

Vodka Margarine

I'm not massively keen on OFAH and I wouldn't touch Still Open All Hours with yours but you're right. He is, hang on.... *checks news* .... yep, is a terrific bastard of an actor.

canadagoose

He certainly is a great actor. Gave me a lot of laughs in OFAH alone.

Sherringford Hovis

MuteBanana

Still Open All Hours has been running for 5 years now.

Kryton

Genuinely good actor in some genuinely good roles. I quite like him. I quite like OFAH too. Now't wrong with that eh?

Bennett Brauer

Not forgetting his poignant performance as the parole-refusing Blanco Webb in Porridge.

Captain Z

Delby from Only Fools Of Houses and Inspector Morse will be remembered forever. Legend. RIP.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Captain Z on November 27, 2018, 11:49:39 PM
Delby from Only Fools Of Houses and Inspector Morse will be remembered forever. Legend. RIP.

Pre Death tribute. Daryl Johnson is still about

Absorb the anus burn

Can't stand him. Makes my skin crawl.

marquis_de_sad

Two first names, the greedy cunt

Dex Sawash

I lived down the road from Rick Jason off COMBAT!

Edit- nm, it was Jack Hogan off COMBAT!

Rev+

National treasure stuff within his range, but he needs to stay the fuck away from Discworld.

tookish

He reminds me strongly of my late and very missed grandfather. I've been taking comfort in his performances over the last eleven months since I lost Granddad. Especially his exceptional performance as Toad.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Haven't liked him since that story came out about him burping in a make up girl's face on purpose.

Malcy

He nearly died while being swept out to see years and years ago. I forget when it was it the exact circumstances but the fact he is alive now is a bit of a miracle.

It's in his autobiography, pages of which hilariously ended up in the middle of the last Bridget Jones book due to a printing error!

RedRevolver

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 28, 2018, 12:09:15 AM

Didn't anyone else get told never to trust a man with a first name for a last name? This advice specified men too, so someone like Vicki Michele is totally trustworthy or whatever.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Malcy on November 28, 2018, 04:12:45 AM
He nearly died while being swept out to see years and years ago. I forget when it was it the exact circumstances but the fact he is alive now is a bit of a miracle.

Yes and he was saved by Rod Jane and Freddy, who are lifeguards for drowning 80s celebrities.

buzby

Just don't mention his friends at the flying club.

thenoise

Quote from: RedRevolver on November 28, 2018, 06:59:36 AM
Didn't anyone else get told never to trust a man with a first name for a last name? This advice specified men too, so someone like Vicki Michele is totally trustworthy or whatever.

Women could just get married and we'd never know whether they grew up as the owner of a first name for a last name.  The cunning little vixens.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I prefer his early work ( Do Not Adjust Your Set, The Secret File Of Edgar Briggs, Lucky Feller, The Film Version of "The Odd Job" ). When he fell through the bar, he fell off the radar for me.

A star of the 4:3 era who just never looked right in 16:9.

Very sad.

MuteBanana

Been watching all of A Touch of Frost you see. He loves his curries don't he?

One episode he joins a gym and asks the trainer to stay late past her shift to give him some help. Because of his job and that. He stands her up twice. When he finally shows up to the gym he asks her out to dinner. She says yeah. Half his age an all. Absolute lad that Frost.

thraxx

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on November 28, 2018, 12:09:15 AM

I was always taught that someone with two first names is a wrong 'un and ever to trust 'em.  The evidence in addition:

Chris Martin.
John Leslie.
Moby Dick.
Paul Nicholas.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: MuteBanana on November 28, 2018, 09:29:20 AM
Been watching all of A Touch of Frost you see. He loves his curries don't he?

One episode he joins a gym and asks the trainer to stay late past her shift to give him some help. Because of his job and that. He stands her up twice. When he finally shows up to the gym he asks her out to dinner. She says yeah. Half his age an all. Absolute lad that Frost.

Was him standing her up part of his plan to get her to go to dinner with him?

I reckon A Touch of Frost would go for a curry in a cheap curry house.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 28, 2018, 09:56:24 AM
Was him standing her up part of his plan to get her to go to dinner with him?

I reckon A Touch of Frost would go for a curry in a cheap curry house.

His standards must be low considering he cooks all his meals in the microwave. But he was living above an Indian restaurant for a bit so all his dinners were in there.

I don't think it was planned. He's very forgetful and obsessed with his job.

Neville Chamberlain

I preferred him in In The Thick Of It All.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: thraxx on November 28, 2018, 09:30:02 AM
I was always taught that someone with two first names is a wrong 'un and ever to trust 'em.  The evidence in addition:

Chris Martin.
John Leslie.
Moby Dick.
Paul Nicholas.

Gary Neville