Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Harry Leslie Smith RIP

Started by ajsmith2, November 28, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Fought Nazis didn't he? There were some fine people on both sides.

Nowhere Man

Blimey only just saw this, for some reason my brain read the title as Harry Dean Stanton first time I saw it.

Not much to say except he seemed like a top bloke, I always enjoyed hearing from him.

biggytitbo

Harry fought Nazis. You know, the real ones.

Thursday

Absorb the anus burn

Guido BS....

I saw Harry give a talk three years back. He took a photograph of the audience and he tweeted it himself during the event.

Harry's alleged 'twitter deceit' comes from the same right wing smear school that claims 'Rachel From Swindon' is a front for her husband's political activity.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 28, 2018, 07:30:41 PM
You don't know their relationship other than the fragments you've glimpsed so I think a comment like the last sentence is inappropriate and verging towards the vulgarity you're claiming to find so offensive.

You might well be right. It just looked really cynical at face value, like he was driving for clicks.

what a fucking hill to die on, criticising a grieving son for fulfilling what were ostensibly his father's dying wishes

desolation

biggytitbo

It was clearly a bit inauthentic when he was tweeting stuff like 'in between drifting in and out of consciousness my father whispered <insert perfectly formed, twitter friendly leftist soundbite>'.

But so what really, he knew a lot of people followed and valued his twitter account, so he was trying to keep it up in what were clearly upsetting circumstances for him. And it was all good, compared to the amount of malicious horrible shite people post on there.

Bazooka

Saw the title whilst being bounced around on the train and thought Leslie Ash had passed.

garnish

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 29, 2018, 12:19:07 PM
It was clearly a bit inauthentic when he was tweeting stuff like 'in between drifting in and out of consciousness my father whispered <insert perfectly formed, twitter friendly leftist soundbite>'.

Yes, and who knows, perhaps his father actually believed that leftist shit and was eager to communicate it because he knew he was dying.

biggytitbo

mothman

Our very own Louis Barfe has been all over this today on Twitter. His son - and not his only son, though you'd be hard pressed to hear Smith jr mention it - does seem to be trying to cash in on his father's legacy.

idunnosomename

This is just fucking sad. John Smith is clearly very distressed by his father's passing, but also he was clearly running the account on behalf of his dad all along (but very likely with his full support). But where did the 72k go? He's blocking anyone who even politely questions it.

With proper legal advice I think he could sort all this out but I worry he's charging headlong into desolation.