Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:40:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maggie Philbin decks Mr. Blobby LIVE ON AIR.

Started by Glebe, November 29, 2018, 01:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Mr Blobby Gets 'Punched' by Maggie Philbin | This Morning.

With all eyes focused on Edmonds in the Australian jungle, this particularly nasty kerfuffle involving two of his most high-profile former colleagues has almost slipped under the radar. Almost...

I always suspected there was bad blood between Philbin and Blobby, and at last my suspicions have been confirmed.

At last.

BELLY UP: Mr. Blobby just after Philbin struck out.

"I barely touched him!" Blobby goes down like a sack of potatoes!

Bennett Brauer

Maggie Philbin is the only celebrity I've spotted littering. How's that for nominative irony?

Norton Canes

Queneau

Hilarious seeing this Maggie Philbin person at the start of the video talking about that cunt of a show like it needs some real critical analysis. Fuck the lot of you. Then the thing that forms the actual video title is not even seen in the video. Double fuck the lot of you. Wasting my fucking time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Queneau on November 29, 2018, 12:38:57 PM
Hilarious seeing this Maggie Philbin person at the start of the video talking about that cunt of a show like it needs some real critical analysis. Fuck the lot of you. Then the thing that forms the actual video title is not even seen in the video. Double fuck the lot of you. Wasting my fucking time.

Exactly, imagine turning on Swap Shop and hearing Philbin spouting that shit, would have ruined my childhood. Johnny Morris on Twitter. Tony Hart Instagramming his anus. Morph rage quitting Tesco.

Bazooka

Utter Shit

Was Mr. Blobby always as funny as he is nowadays? Genuine question, apologies if you think he's shit.

I only ask because I used to watch Noel's House Party religiously as a kid and can't remember having an opinion on him one way or the other, but his appearance on Big Fat Quiz a few years ago was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, even with Jack Whitehall hamming it up, and this GMTV thing made me laugh too. The only thing I can think of is that him coming in and fucking everything up is a lot funnier when it's not an established part of the show?

FredNurke

Quote from: Bazooka on November 29, 2018, 12:46:13 PM
Blobby looks as young as ever, never ages.

He has incredible skin, that's his secret.

Consignia

He's a serious political commentator these days;

Captain Z

All I can say is your photoshop skills have really improved Glebe.

Glebe

Quote from: Captain Z on November 29, 2018, 01:22:00 PM
All I can say is your photoshop skills have really improved Glebe.

Blobby was easy enough to cut-and-paste, but Philbin was a nightmare.

"As she always is..." - Blobby.

Uh oh, it's all kicking off again! Calm down, Blobby mate! Calm down!

Queneau

Quote from: Bazooka on November 29, 2018, 12:46:13 PM
Blobby looks as young as ever, never ages.

I'm concerned for his health. Looks like he has lost a lot of weight over a short period of time. Look at the excess skin. Or was he always like this?

My brother had his single on cassette with a cardboard sleeve but I think he showed those cheap record companies by cutting off one side and putting it into an empty plastic case. Looked well good until you examined the back and realised he'd had to force the plastic spikes through the card in a shoddy manner. I didn't learn and did the exact same with my Luniz and Gala cardboard sleeves. If anyone has any similar stories to share please don't.

biggytitbo

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 29, 2018, 12:48:47 PM
Was Mr. Blobby always as funny as he is nowadays? Genuine question, apologies if you think he's shit.

I only ask because I used to watch Noel's House Party religiously as a kid and can't remember having an opinion on him one way or the other, but his appearance on Big Fat Quiz a few years ago was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, even with Jack Whitehall hamming it up, and this GMTV thing made me laugh too. The only thing I can think of is that him coming in and fucking everything up is a lot funnier when it's not an established part of the show?

Yes, same here. As a child, he was superfluous to Noel's Messiah like glow. His smash single was also risible. But he certainly seems to have honed his comic chops (...and that's why he still looks so young).

biggytitbo

The original Blobby used the same suit throughout the entire run of Noels house party, to the point where it had gotten grotty and the pink had started to flake off like an old bathroom wall. The bleakness of that made it funnier to me.

Presumably this is a new suit, or the guys arse would be showing by now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 29, 2018, 02:01:59 PM
The original Blobby used the same suit throughout the entire run of Noels house party, to the point where it had gotten grotty and the pink had started to flake off like an old bathroom wall. The bleakness of that made it funnier to me.

Presumably this is a new suit, or the guys arse would be showing by now.

Now that would be really funny.

Glebe

Quote from: Bazooka on November 29, 2018, 12:46:13 PMBlobby looks as young as ever, never ages.

Yes, he looks fantastic for his age! (57-58?)

Btw, never saw this before, but here's Blobby in the Big Apple - with Tyne Daly!

It appears that he almost didn't go, thanks to some typical cruelty from Edmonds.

Twed

Really turned on by the idea of Mr. Blobby fucking milfs

yesitsme

The Will Carling one was great.

Good old Blobby I say.

Shit Good Nose

Oh man, I am killing myself when he slams in - throws the doors open "BLOH-BLOBBY!" pushes the fruit basket off the counter, straight into the chairs.

It's peak period Chevy!

Twed

Now it's 2018 are we prepared to admit that Mr. Blobby is really fucking funny?

Shit Good Nose

I never watched the House Party, so I was only aware of Blobby existing and that fucking song.  Which is still shit.

Queneau

We need a campaign to get it back to number one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkgDJpcuwU

I can't believe that's Clarkson in the video as Blobby's driver. Wow.

yesitsme

When I used to spin the wheels of steel the Mr Blobby Song was a guaranteed floor filler at ANY party with people under the age of 25.

I've always stood up for yer Blobby in certain circumstances.  Mainly when he kicks Will Carling up the arse.

The Wayne Sleep one was good too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on November 29, 2018, 04:31:42 PM
Now it's 2018 are we prepared to admit that Mr. Blobby is really fucking funny?

Somewhere between end of house party and now, humanity peaked. The slope of the downward shift is pretty fucking steep

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Queneau on November 29, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
We need a campaign to get it back to number one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkgDJpcuwU

I can't believe that's Clarkson in the video as Blobby's driver. Wow.

Evidence of slope right here