Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,353
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your local panto ‘stars’

Started by Captain Crunch, November 29, 2018, 09:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Are there just a lot more places putting on a Panto now, or is it the dearth of a broad range of present-day/new generation of light entertainment talent? Or both? Because I swear hardly any of the names that have featured in these posters ring any bells with me.

All the shite comedians who'd once have been the bulwark of Panto are now too self-aware to ever consider being in Panto unless it was done ironically, and are part of the alternative (or after) brands of comedy; they're all on (or trying to get on) Mock The Week instead. So instead we're left with runners-up from singing contests and reality show participants. You'd think under these circumstances Panto would be dying, but no...

Blumf

I wonder if they could reboot the stage variety shows. There seems to be a demand for camp fun, as these pantos prove, maybe they could expand it to year round, touring with a bit of local talent dropped in.

flotemysost

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 01, 2018, 11:33:25 PM
Footage from last night's Walthamstow gig is now up: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq12NFYHbIJ/ - It's so awful I genuinely regret not going now.

I went to this, it was hilariously tragic. Sound cut out after the first song. It was worth it for the sight of lots of confused under-10s bobbing along obediently to Deep (sample lyric: Yeah, I butter the toast / If you lick the knife) while the parents lost their shit. A woman standing near me was actually weeping with happiness.

George White

I know in Dublin panto, in the 80s, they had to get dwarf actors from the UK, as there were not enough little people available in Ireland.

In Ireland, they still write their own pantos, presumably because there's enough cultural differences and differences in humour, especially Dublin humour.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: lankyguy95 on December 01, 2018, 11:47:11 PM
Paul looks he was only able to make that smile for five seconds before he started crying over Bazza again.

Yer Man Horwood makes a totally convincing woman.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: flotemysost on December 02, 2018, 12:46:39 AM
I went to this, it was hilariously tragic. Sound cut out after the first song. It was worth it for the sight of lots of confused under-10s bobbing along obediently to Deep (sample lyric: Yeah, I butter the toast / If you lick the knife) while the parents lost their shit. A woman standing near me was actually weeping with happiness.

Damnit, I knew I should have gone, if not organised a CaB meet around the whole event. Oh well, hopefully they'll perform their again next year. And every year, until the sun explodes given their penchant for featuring new members who no one knows anything about.

checkoutgirl

How many wikipedia pages give the guy's wages in the first 6 sentences? Or even give the salary at all for that matter?

QuoteCraig Revel Horwood (born 4 January 1965) is an Australian-British dancer, choreographer and theatre director in the United Kingdom. He is a patron of the National Osteoporosis Society.

He is best known as a judge on popular BBC dancing show Strictly Come Dancing, for which Revel Horwood earns an annual pay packet of between £150,000-199,999, according to official BBC reports.