Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CREED II

Started by Head Gardener, November 29, 2018, 09:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

I'll probably give this a miss as I never saw CREED 10 or 9 or 8...

lipsink

Wow. Great poster. No one looks stupid at all in that. I can't believe anyone involved said: "Yes, that works."

Creed was bloody great so I'll give this a go. Though losing Coogler makes me lower my expectations.

monolith

Why is Ivan Drago's son black in the poster?

cliggg

Quote from: monolith on November 29, 2018, 10:26:19 AM
Why is Ivan Drago's son black in the poster?
Apollo Creed is his mother.

The Ultimate Male against the Ultimate Meatball.

Chollis

Yep, Drago's black son is a brave and unexpected twist.

Head Gardener

I guess this is released now to tie in with the Wilder v Fury fight, it's all about money

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Head Gardener

I reckon Fury, as he's seems the angriest

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

But his opponent is wilder.

Head Gardener

Phil_A

What's happened to Drago's skin? He looks like one of the aliens from Babylon 5.

lipsink

Will they bring back the woman that Rocky appeared to be starting a relationship with in Rocky Balboa? What happened with that?

I realise they had to make him a poor lonely guy talking to dead people in Creed. They couldn't have him happy with a relationship and getting on with his son.

It's high time we had another Rambo film. As per everything these days, it would have to be about him passing the mantle onto a son/young protégé. You can't call it Son of Rambo because a British family comedy had a very similar title about 10 years ago. I suggest Rambo: Next Blood or Blood of Rambo.

lipsink

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 01, 2018, 03:04:12 PM
It's high time we had another Rambo film. As per everything these days, it would have to be about him passing the mantle onto a son/young protégé. You can't call it Son of Rambo because a British family comedy had a very similar title about 10 years ago. I suggest Rambo: Next Blood or Blood of Rambo.

They are! It's called 'Last Blood' and it's out next year. It looks a bit Westerny and they're probably going for the 'Logan' route.

McChesney Duntz

"He was in country. And now he's incontinent."

Z

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 29, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
I guess this is released now to tie in with the Wilder v Fury fight, it's all about money
Nah, Thanksgiving release. Creed was too and it done really well, iirc.

Glebe

Saw it yesterday with me Dad... hadn't seen the first one. It was alright.

Head Gardener

still can't be arsed with it to be honest, Ralph Breaks The Internet looks more fun

Shit Good Nose

Yeah, it's okay.  Like Rocky 4 with all the ridiculousness removed (which would be a bad thing for a lot of people).

It's got some REALLY good moments, but it's a bit flat overall.  Better than the worst of the Rocky sequels, but not a patch on the first Creed.

madhair60

Saw last night; boring rubbish

Mango Chimes

Quote from: lipsink on December 01, 2018, 05:28:55 PM
They are! It's called 'Last Blood' and it's out next year.

Bloody hell, this is actually true!

Glebe

Apparently this is Stallone's last appearance as Rocky... I imagine the next Rambo will draw a line under that character too.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Glebe on December 07, 2018, 04:30:34 PM
Apparently this is Stallone's last appearance as Rocky... I imagine the next Rambo will draw a line under that character too.
In Creed V, 85-year-old Stallone will make a cameo as a vague spectre urging the hero on as he tries to beat the shite out of some young punk upstart.