Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeffrey Epstein article

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, November 30, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: imitationleather on July 09, 2019, 05:58:40 PM
Hawking did love S&M, though.

And I ain't talking about sausage and mash!

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 09, 2019, 06:21:59 PM
Sue and Mel? Late Lunch?

Slattery & McShane?

Captain Z

Weinstein, Epstein, and now Einstein!

This doesn't look good for Frankenstein...

And I ain't talking about sausage and mash!

You kind of are, though.

Surely this was a fondness for the 1999 Metallica live album?

kalowski

"S H O W M E Y O U R U N D E R A G E B R E A S T S . . .", the robotic voice snarled.

Gittes: How much are you worth?
Cross: I've no idea. How much do you want?
Gittes: I just want to know what you're worth. Over ten million?
Cross: Oh my, yes!
Gittes: Why are you doing it? How much better can you eat? What can you buy that you can't already afford?
Cross: The future, Mr. Gits - the future!

Hank Venture

http://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1149064724992135175

So Epstein has connection to some intelligence service then. Mossad? CIA?

BlodwynPig

Urinal Cake

Acosta fucked up but thinks he can keep his job. Keep digging in.  Make Trump's life hard. It will blow up in Acosta's face. We all know Trump hates hard work.

Ferris

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 11, 2019, 08:59:49 PM
more stuff coming out that I totally believe
https://twitter.com/TheRealHolli/status/1149046964715057152

This says 2016, was it a separate legal case? And if so, what happened to it?

Pseudopath

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 11, 2019, 09:47:08 PM
This says 2016, was it a separate legal case? And if so, what happened to it?

The plaintiff voluntarily dropped it. Whether that was because of threats to her and her family (according to that Guardian article) or because she was a drug-addled fantasist (according to this Daily Mail article) is anyone's guess.

Here's the full court submission if anyone's interested.

Petey Pate

Guilt by association is a cunt's trick, but the irony of this juxtaposition is hard to ignore.

Ferris

Quote from: ajsmith2 on July 12, 2019, 03:00:05 PM
Acosta resigned.

Another venal careerist on the scrap heap

QuoteThe resignation comes just two days after Mr. Acosta convened a news conference to defend his actions in the 2008 case when he was the United States attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

Resign or be sacked, I reckon. It's mad that he was able to defend this during his senate confirmation, but now there's a bit of press scrutiny it's curtains for him. Wtf were the senate doing

Ferris

"In spite of what I said in my senate confirmation hearing, and at the time to the press while cutting shady backroom deals with powerful wealthy people, and also 2 days ago when I convened a press conference specifically to defend myself and my actions, I realize now it was a terrible error and I must resign for it"

Janie Jones

From today's Daily Mail Online, claiming an exclusive

Prince Andrew was a guest at  Jeffrey Epstein's home in December 2010, according to a party-goer
British royal was hosted by the convicted pedophile at his Manhattan mansion - just months after his release from prison
Shamed pedophile was jailed after pleading guilty to soliciting girls as young as 14 for sex in 2008
After serving a 13-month sentence Epstein invited the Duke of York to his New York home for four days in December 2010
During that time he hosted the intimate gathering with guests including Katie Couric, Chelsea Handler and George Stephanopolous
That month an embarrassing photo was taken showing Andrew and Epstein strolling in Central Park that made headlines around the world
Buckingham Palace today said Andrew has not seen Epstein since that photograph was taken

BlodwynPig

Jeff Epstein - harmless now

Urinal Cake

My guess is Dershowitz becomes a persona non grata now.

Clinton might get caught up. Prince Andrew has an ocean to protect him. Trump like I said before the cover-up rather than the original crime (perceived or actual) might do him in.

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 12, 2019, 10:52:14 PM
My guess is Dershowitz becomes a persona non grata now.

Clinton might get caught up. Prince Andrew has an ocean to protect him. Trump like I said before the cover-up rather than the original crime (perceived or actual) might do him in.

Dershowitz spent the last 4 years shamelessly defending trump, without regard to morals or his own previous statements which I always thought was odd. I suspected trump had the goods on him, perhaps that will be the case.

Ferris

Urinal Cake

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 12, 2019, 10:53:54 PM
Dershowitz spent the last 4 years shamelessly defending trump, without regard to morals or his own previous statements which I always thought was odd. I suspected trump had the goods on him, perhaps that will be the case.
A Presidential Pardon is always handy until Trump doesn't need you. That being said due to his wealth and age I doubt Dershowitz will see any serious time in any serious jail. But he'll be a media, social an academic leper so that might count for something.

steveh

This is interesting on Epstein's "hedge fund" which nobody else in the industry had ever had any dealings with and which could well have been a blackmail scheme where in return for him not leaking the tapes of encounters at one of his parties people would invest in his fund with the blackmail money laundered as an investment service fee. More on how that could work in this Twitter thread.

Ferris

Quote from: steveh on July 13, 2019, 12:11:03 PM
This is interesting on Epstein's "hedge fund" which nobody else in the industry had ever had any dealings with and which could well have been a blackmail scheme where in return for him not leaking the tapes of encounters at one of his parties people would invest in his fund with the blackmail money laundered as an investment service fee. More on how that could work in this Twitter thread.

I've worked in fund operations at a senior level in a previous life, and this is gubbins.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 13, 2019, 03:49:05 PM
I've worked in fund operations at a senior level in a previous life, and this is gubbins.

Don't you mean 'bobbins'?

Ferris

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 13, 2019, 04:50:41 PM
Don't you mean 'bobbins'?

Well they don't know how fund allocators work, for one. If I was being charitable I'd say it was because the author spent their time with domestic mutual funds/LLCs, but deep down I know it's because they don't really know what they're on about.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 13, 2019, 05:16:47 PM
Well they don't know how fund allocators work, for one. If I was being charitable I'd say it was because the author spent their time with domestic mutual funds/LLCs, but deep down I know it's because they don't really know what they're on about.

I've always understood gubbins to mean gadgets or odds and ends, but I see it has its origins in fish scrapsBobbins, on the other hand, means rubbish.

Never mind. Assuming you don't mean that the article is stuff, why is it rubbish?

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 12, 2019, 03:35:28 PM
Another venal careerist on the scrap heap

Resign or be sacked, I reckon. It's mad that he was able to defend this during his senate confirmation, but now there's a bit of press scrutiny it's curtains for him. Wtf were the senate doing

Acosta was actually the least insane Trump cabinet member in terms of policy. This is a bit of a Pyrrhic victory.

Ferris

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 13, 2019, 05:33:09 PM
I've always understood gubbins to mean gadgets or odds and ends, but I see it has its origins in fish scrapsBobbins, on the other hand, means rubbish.

Never mind. Assuming you don't mean that the article is stuff, why is it rubbish?

There are assumptions in there that don't make sense, or demonstrate a lack of experience/understanding with how investment funds work.