Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeffrey Epstein article

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, November 30, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 16, 2019, 01:23:59 PMStill though, it's odd. If Epstein has dirt on everyone who could sweep this under the rug, why wouldn't they just sweep it under the rug again. Unless it's untenable, and now they're going to throw him to the wolves. Classic intelligence move.

If he does end up facing some kind of legitimate punishment - and I still suspect he'll get bail and be allowed to do a runner or something along those lines - I would fully expect him to be found hung in his cell so he doesn't have the opportunity to drop anyone else in it.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 16, 2019, 01:23:59 PM
There has to be a reason why this is being allowed to play out now, when opportunities to have it play out before have amounted to zilch. I guess maybe that most recent story was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Still though, it's odd. If Epstein has dirt on everyone who could sweep this under the rug, why wouldn't they just sweep it under the rug again. Unless it's untenable, and now they're going to throw him to the wolves. Classic intelligence move.

Yeah, no worries. I did read some of FWB's posts, but I didn't read far enough back to know which article they were referring to.

They pretty much did sweep it under the rug, but those pesky plebs unswept it and now everyone knows about it so we'll have to follow the appearance of procedure (for now).

QD - will cheerfully violate my various NDAs over a beer in Toronto when I am back. Until then, I'm a bit cagey.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 16, 2019, 03:17:19 PM
They pretty much did sweep it under the rug, but those pesky plebs unswept it and now everyone knows about it so we'll have to follow the appearance of procedure (for now).

QD - will cheerfully violate my various NDAs over a beer in Toronto when I am back. Until then, I'm a bit cagey.

Skype me on my private network

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 16, 2019, 03:19:05 PM
Skype me on my private network

I hear you're getting hacked by China and all sorts. Compromised.

QDRPHNC

Yyyyyyes... but if Epstein is going down, it's because someone somewhere has decided that him going down is now preferable to him not going down. The plebs don't take power, they're given it for reasons which only ultimately serve the non-plebs. The public perception of him not being prosecuted is now more damaging than protecting him again. Tipping point. As someone said above, he will surely be graved before he can talk. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Sounds fun, let me know when you're around.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 16, 2019, 03:20:22 PM
I hear you're getting hacked by China and all sorts. Compromised.

Blodders is above your pay grade, mate. Leave it.

BlodwynPig

Got deep intell. on Ferris that my paymasters will be most grateful to receive.

Sadly, they deemed that you were of little consequence, but could you design their new Logo to be "less sinister and cabally"

QDRPHNC

But triangles with eyes in them are coming back in! Fuck sake.

Here's something I threw together:

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 16, 2019, 03:31:46 PM
Yyyyyyes... but if Epstein is going down, it's because someone somewhere has decided that him going down is now preferable to him not going down. The plebs don't take power, they're given it for reasons which only ultimately serve the non-plebs. The public perception of him not being prosecuted is now more damaging than protecting him again. Tipping point. As someone said above, he will surely be graved before he can talk. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Ahhh sorry, I see what you're saying. Yes, I agree with that. It would have been easy to suffocate the new charges behind the scenes before this became a big story again (or at least, about as difficult as it was to bury the initial charges), so someone somewhere has decided not to bother this time round.

Blodwyn knows too much, he has held my child and visited my local coffee place in Toronto. I'm compromised, living on the run, nipping from safehouse to daycare/baseball fields and back. The Bourne Ferris Identity.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 16, 2019, 03:42:08 PM
But triangles with eyes in them are coming back in! Fuck sake.

Here's something I threw together:

Rejected - too Epsteiny

biggytitbo

Quote from: Flouncer on July 16, 2019, 02:47:25 PM
If he does end up facing some kind of legitimate punishment - and I still suspect he'll get bail and be allowed to do a runner or something along those lines - I would fully expect him to be found hung in his cell so he doesn't have the opportunity to drop anyone else in it.

Yes, or a nonce execution with a barbell like Dahmer.

Last time he went to prison he was allowed to galavant in his private jet during the day, might not be able to get away with that this time but maybe they'll have a palatial cell lined up for him like Grouty.

Ferris

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 16, 2019, 03:59:51 PM
Yes, or a nonce execution with a barbell like Dahmer.

Last time he went to prison he was allowed to galavant in his private jet during the day, might not be able to get away with that this time but maybe they'll have a palatial cell lined up for him like Grouty.

My money on nonce execution.

QDRPHNC

It'll be a "nonce execution".

garbed_attic

Powerful dispiriting article this:
https://lithub.com/in-patriarchy-no-one-can-hear-you-scream-rebecca-solnit-on-jeffrey-epstein-and-the-silencing-machine/

(I guess one could debate endlessly whether 'corporatocracy' could serve a similar function to 'patriarchy' as the diagnostic underpinning of the article, but I think going down that road just leads to unbridgeable paradigm clashes which end up obscuring the important fact that there can be no real justice in a society with such uneven power weightings)

Hank Venture

I don't think he'll be killed. There's no saying how many copies he has made of the blackmail stuff, if he has any brain power to speak of at all he'd have set it up so that the material he has will be mailed to every news desk should anything happen to him.

Piggyoioi

The best thing to happen would be for some nutter with a set of morals to kill him and the information gets leaked even though his buddies weren't the one to off him.

kalowski

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 16, 2019, 03:38:15 PM
Got deep intell. on Ferris that my paymasters will be most grateful to receive.

Urinal Cake

I think this is going to play out 'normally.' The prosecution waited for an election year to avoid interference from either side.
I expect most of the blackmail evidence will link Epstein's friends to being present at the parties but it will be difficult to say which crimes they committed. You need a reliable witness to link the evidence together. In the case of Dershowitz this seems the case with his victim's testimony.

Epstein's co-conspirators like Maxwell, his house slaves/servants etc will probably be convicted due to testimony.

BlodwynPig

Not looking good for Corbyn

biggytitbo

Very appropriate that it's the 20 year anniversary of Eyes Wide Shut this month.

José

all that will come of this is a hastily drawn up executive order lowering the federal age of consent to 13.

Hank Venture

A thought struck me today: do you guys think Trump came out with the obscene racist shit against AOC et al. just to dominate the news cycle, and make it move on from Epstein? Given his obvious involvement, it's a scheme I can see Trump hatching. The only thing he's even remotely good at is playing the media.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Hank Venture on July 16, 2019, 09:45:53 PM
A thought struck me today: do you guys think Trump came out with the obscene racist shit against AOC et al. just to dominate the news cycle, and make it move on from Epstein? Given his obvious involvement, it's a scheme I can see Trump hatching. The only thing he's even remotely good at is playing the media.

Was mentioned upthread to no comment

Trump is nowhere near as good at playing the media as people imagine. I think it's just possible that he might be a child rapist and a guy who says racist shit on twitter simultaneously, and that no premeditation is required for him to act this way

biggytitbo

Epstein not only had that weird domed temple on his private sex trafficking island, but a giant sundial featuring the tarot symbol for the sun -

Even creepier, his sundial has the face of Donald Trump...

What more evidence do you need?

Urinal Cake

Epstein's trial will be long- he's wasting shot on it now. He probably thinks he can pardon himself anyway despite any deep state conspiracy. Further his base and I'd bet a huge part of the GOP would ignore it anyway. He's scared about impeachment.

Trump in the past has mostly tackled confronting issues head-on. The issue he's talking about Israel, kids in cages etc because those are the issues that Dems have public feuds about in the past. He hopes that the Dems fight each other so they won't agree on impeachment or even the eventual nominee. The racism also is a bow to the base to remind them that no one should listen to uppity minority women and the Dems are toxic. It's all about getting him re-elected.

Pseudopath

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 16, 2019, 10:05:19 PM
Epstein not only had that weird domed temple on his private sex trafficking island, but a giant sundial featuring the tarot symbol for the sun -

A symbol which also features on the coat of arms of Banbury, Oxfordshire...

...whose most famous resident was a certain Paul Francis Gadd, better known as Gary Glitter.

This shit runs deep. Brrrrr.

bgmnts

Diddlers and rich people are active and awake during the daytime, i.e the time of the Sun.

Also, the earth is the third closest planet to the sun and the statistically most diddlers and elites are the third child.

PlanktonSideburns

Completely mental that he would have the picture of the sun on a sundial. Hope the cops remember to use that one in court.

That clock in his kitchen in the shape of a cat is looking a bit shifty also

Ferris

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on July 16, 2019, 09:57:30 PM
Trump is nowhere near as good at playing the media as people imagine. I think it's just possible that he might be a child rapist and a guy who says racist shit on twitter simultaneously, and that no premeditation is required for him to act this way

Yes

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 16, 2019, 11:33:05 PM
Completely mental that he would have the picture of the sun on a sundial. Hope the cops remember to use that one in court.

That clock in his kitchen in the shape of a cat is looking a bit shifty also

Also yes

Hank Venture

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on July 16, 2019, 09:57:30 PM

I disagree. It's the one thing he has. He absolutely played them during the primaries and the election. He's a carnival barker - a former reality show guy that was active in pro wrestling and beauty contests. And it's the kind of 1+1=2 plan he'd come up with. He's stupid, but he's not that stupid. And «go back to where you came from» totally unprompted? Really? I'm not saying he doesn't believe it, but even he must realize what a stir that would make.