Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:19:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

As if Brendan O'Carroll wasn't loathsome enough...

Started by Oliver Mardy, December 01, 2018, 12:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Mardy

Check this out from the Irish fella's appearance on QI. I time-stamped it, but 9:49 if that doesn't work correctly.

Watch in squirming horror as the cross-dressing bogtrotter details his thesis on the anatomy of Jewish faces. Witness even Phill Jupitus stunned into silence as the diminutive Paddy innocently wonders on the relative positioning of Jewish ears and noses. Unfortunately, the clip seems to have edited out the part which must surely have followed, where the thieving itinerant describes his studies on Jewish foreheads, and explains that "those bumps what they have on either side are where the horns sprout from when they go hunting for Christian babies".

It's a beautiful thing.

https://youtu.be/ffE_cG-S5LY?t=589

And if there's a way to embed YT vids, let me know so I can edit this mess.

Petey Pate

That video is unavailable in the UK. Though having watched the clip using a VPN it appears that the OP is talking shite.

It's a little dodgy but hardly virulent antisemitism, at least not enough to justify using offensive Irish slurs.

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: Petey Pate on December 01, 2018, 12:57:43 PM
That video is unavailable in the UK. Though having watched the clip using a VPN it appears that the OP is talking shite.

It's a little dodgy but hardly virulent antisemitism, at least not enough to justify using offensive Irish slurs.

Here is what the charming, twinkle-eyed chap from the Emerald Isle said:

"Now, is there any truth to - it could be a  myth - that you can tell Jewish people because their earlobes are higher than their nose?"

I don't think it's "shite" to say those are the words of an ignorant fecker, perpetuating ancient myths about Jews and noting the identifying signs which can be used by a savvy Christian to identify one out in the wild.

neveragain

Again though you're not above highlighting his Irishness as if it's important in this discussion.

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: neveragain on December 01, 2018, 02:49:15 PM
Again though you're not above highlighting his Irishness as if it's important in this discussion.

That was deliberately done; to use an anti-Irish slur whilst describing his anti-Jewish one. I thought it was obvious.

neveragain

Not if I don't know you and just take it at face value. But I'm glad. I suppose. What were we talking about?

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: neveragain on December 01, 2018, 03:43:19 PM
Not if I don't know you and just take it at face value. But I'm glad. I suppose. What were we talking about?

The Welsh, was it? And how their ruddy-faced lads can often be found up to their dimples in a sheep's mucky end?

neveragain

Those kilted hogmanaying twats.

As a sidenote, I do find O'Carroll highly dubious.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

This is a good few years old now. I assumed he'd made some new gaffe and was going to mention this as evidence that he's always been a bit of a berk.

It's not proof that he's a full on nazi, but it is a bit blinking weird and, ironically perhaps, feels like he's conforming to some sort of bad Irish stereotype.

Glebe

alan nagsworth

Quote from: neveragain on December 01, 2018, 02:49:15 PM
Quote from: Oliver Mardy on December 01, 2018, 03:26:17 PM
That was deliberately done; to use an anti-Irish slur whilst describing his anti-Jewish one. I thought it was obvious.

"Hey everyone, judge this person at face value! But don't do that to me lol I was being ironic"

come off it you turd

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: alan nagsworth on December 01, 2018, 07:31:18 PM
"Hey everyone, judge this person at face value! But don't do that to me lol I was being ironic"

come off it you turd

Don't get me started on the fucking Turds. Coming over here, stealing our jobbies.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Depressed Beyond Tables

I thought the Jewish host, Stephen Fry, handled it with the good humour that presumably it was intended.

It's more concerning that David O'Doherty so easily infiltrated the BBC graphics department.

thenoise

Quote from: Oliver Mardy on December 01, 2018, 07:43:51 PM
Don't get me started on the fucking Turds. Coming over here, stealing our jobbies.

I'm quite enjoying this new comedy racist character.  Perhaps this can be a regular feature, calling out comedians for their racism while 'accidentally' being even more of a racist yourself?  Anyway, welcome aboard/back (again if your a sock).

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: thenoise on December 03, 2018, 08:38:18 AM
I'm quite enjoying this new comedy racist character.  Perhaps this can be a regular feature, calling out comedians for their racism while 'accidentally' being even more of a racist yourself?  Anyway, welcome aboard/back (again if your a sock).

1) Judaism isn't a race.

2) Why did you pick the one quote of mine which was unequivocally - inarguably and obviously - silly?

thenoise

Don't get touchy, sweetie, I was only trying to help.

Bernard Manning was half Jewish, maybe your next thread could be calling out his Irish material while calling him a hook nose or something, it'll bring the house down!

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: thenoise on December 05, 2018, 11:59:21 AM
Don't get touchy, sweetie, I was only trying to help.

Bernard Manning was half Jewish, maybe your next thread could be calling out his Irish material while calling him a hook nose or something, it'll bring the house down!

"Hook nose"? So you can use racial/religious/national slurs to make your point, and that's hilarious. But I was clearly being a bigot when I did it.

thenoise

I never called you a bigot, I'm a fan!  But, just to play along:

1) Judaism isn't a race
2) 'hook nose' makes no reference to his religion
3) Judaism isn't a nationality

You've got such a chip on your shoulder, I bet you're from Liverpool or some equally ghastly place.  Maybe even *abroad* (shudders)

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: thenoise on December 05, 2018, 01:23:16 PM
I never called you a bigot, I'm a fan! 

Oh shit, sorry! I thought you were having a go lol! But if you're a fan, then I now feel comfortable discussing the truth about Pakis, wops, and wogs with you! So, this Chinaman turns up at his dentist's office at 2:27 in the afternoon.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Oliver Mardy on December 03, 2018, 12:20:25 PM
1) Judaism isn't a race.
Judaism isn't a race, but being ethnically Jewish is a racial identity, insofar as 'race' is a meaningful term in any situation.

phantom_power

Quote from: Oliver Mardy on December 05, 2018, 01:37:06 PM
Oh shit, sorry! I thought you were having a go lol! But if you're a fan, then I now feel comfortable discussing the truth about Pakis, wops, and wogs with you! So, this Chinaman turns up at his dentist's office at 2:27 in the afternoon.

Aren't you banned?

Malcy

thenoise

Very edgy, but stick to the formula:

1) call out comedian for their racism
2) be racist towards them

SpiderChrist

oh mate fuck OFF with that shite

Cuellar

Depressed Beyond Tables

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on December 06, 2018, 08:02:15 PM
Worst thread ever? Has to be up there.

It's pretty bad. I've seen worse, but yeah: this is not good, is it? What should we do about it?

Oliver Mardy