Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Diablo 2 Median XL mod

Started by Noonling, December 01, 2018, 10:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

Yeah all those new fancy games with their pixels and voice acting and horse ball physics can go fuck themselves, Diablo 2 is 18 years old and still getting modded.

The trailer for the new version of Median XL is out and oh god I'm excited.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPdJCLd_Z8&feature=youtu.be

Even though I haven't touched it in a couple of years, D2 is still probably the game I've played the most in my life (mostly modded). Out of any grindy hack-n-slashy action RPG Diablo 2 MXL is just the best. Way better than D3 or Torchlight, better than vanilla D2 or Path of Exile or Grim Dawn... I basically played all those games looking for a variation on MXL but nothing compares.

New version out on 18th January!!! !!! !!!

I just want someone else to share my excitement :(

popcorn

My dad likes Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 is a game for dads.

Dad game.

Bazooka

Quote from: popcorn on December 01, 2018, 11:08:02 PM
My dad likes Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 is a game for dads.

Dad game.

My Dad has never used a computer, if he did I think he'd want to play Superman 64.

Alberon

God, I played D2 to death in about the decade after it came out. After the recent total fuckup by Blizzard at their convention (launching a mobile-only game at a convention for hardened gamers) I somehow doubt we'll see anything great from them again.

A recent report said progress on Diablo 4 had been junked and restarted not too long ago and that's why they wouldn't even do a title card reveal.

Noonling

I know no one cares, but I'm posting this anyway just in case because people SHOULD care DAMN YOU ALL.

Sigma is out tomorrow. Lovely long patch notes.

Cuellar

So is this really good? I used to love Diablo 2 with a furious passion. It was brilliant.

Noonling

Yes! I'm really enjoying it. I'm playing on multiplayer for once as well - they have their own servers, although it can be a little laggy.

All new items, all new skills, lots of different viable builds, challenges, uberquests, and loads of Quality of Life changes - gold is now autopickup, character sheet is more detailed (slightly...For extra info you'll want the D2Stats program), town portal is now an innate skill, more options in settings screen, larger inventory and stash (I believe they aim for an infinite stash/shared stash in future versions - their previous mods worked with another mod called PlugY that did this for single player).

They have made it a little easier than previous versions of the mod, but its still harder (and generally more complex) than classic Diablo 2, and I think more accessible than previous mod versions. I've sunk many hours into it in the past week and got several uber charms already. Uberquests are end game areas that have either drop biases or a unique charm that drops there (normal charms don't drop in Sigma, only quest ones).

It is still Diablo 2 at its base though, so it does still look like an old game even if they have updated a whole bunch of things about it. Probably wouldn't appeal to a younger crowd who grew up with fancier graphics.