Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:41:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Victor Lewis-Smith documentaries about comedians this Christmas on Sky Arts/CH5

Started by Blinder Data, December 02, 2018, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

I am merely passing this news on. According to his twitter:

Quote from: https://twitter.com/TVOFFAL/status/1067038263188381696STOP PRESS! First transmission of The Undiscovered Peter Sellers – Tue 18 Dec 10pm/ The Undiscovered Kenneth Williams – Wed 19 Dec 10pm / The Undiscovered Tony Hancock – Thu 20 Dec 10pm. SKY ARTS/Associated Rediffusion Productions

Quote from: https://twitter.com/TVOFFAL/status/1066636697864204290Right... I've had to keep this under wraps for ages. We've just finished editing a Christmas special (90') on Stanley Baxter for C5 He;'s 92, on top form, and he allowed our cameras into his house. He's v.v. funny. Details closer to transmission. Press pls go to Mark Borkowski

I enjoyed the Peter Cook one. The Stanley Baxter one sounds particularly interesting.

As you were

Jake Thingray

Not sure there's much left to discover about any of them, and it feels like there's a "who remembers Stanley Baxter, eh? Remember him? He's awful but you'll like him! Eh?" celebration being put out every other Christmas (alternating with Dave Allen) but I'm always interested in anything VLS is involved in.

the science eel

Stanley Baxter always seemed to me to be a serious talent dressed up in the seedy corny half-baked ideas that 60s/70s TV demanded of its comedy stars.

Pink Rhoid

Sorry to bring up an old thread - hoping someone on here has the Peter Sellers episode and is willing to share it somehow?

Thanks.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Pink Rhoid on September 11, 2019, 11:54:02 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread - hoping someone on here has the Peter Sellers episode and is willing to share it somehow?

Thanks.

In case you don't know, the Sellers one is on Now TV. Probably not much help if you want it for keeps though, but anyway, you can do the 7-day free trial and cancel.

Pink Rhoid

Thanks for the tip, outside of the UK though so NowTV doesn't work for me (it's beyond just using a VPN too).