Author Topic: Your favourite settings in video games  (Read 3444 times)

biggytitbo

• WHAT ABOUT THE GODDAM JAFFA CAKES ASSWIPE
    • theunredacted
Re: Your favourite settings in video games
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
It would be very hard to create a recognisable toilet in a 2600 game due to the huge pixels.

St_Eddie

• *The Patron Saint of Scallywags*
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »
Looking for a more authoritative answer to this, led me to here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/48354-strange-question/...

Ah, yes but we were referring specifically to flushable toilets in 3D games.  A completely flat, non-functioning 2D pixel toilet is okay... I guess but unless you can flush it, it's just not the same.  We the people demand flushable toilets in our games, preferably rendered in glorious 3D porcelain-vision.

Dannyhood91

• I thought you said KING AAARTHUUUR!
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »
The colonised planet in the original Unreal game from 98. Loved piecing together what had happened to indigenous people and visiting their villages and temples. In turn I also got a thrill out of seeing the invaders and their outposts and eventually the mothership.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »
The one that inverts the vertical axis.

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
The one that inverts the vertical axis.

Yep.  An essential option as far as I'm concerned.  One of my favourite settings can be found in last year's Thimbleweed Park...

Lemming

• I'm becoming the Fuhrer - the Fuhrer of laughs
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
The colonised planet in the original Unreal game from 98. Loved piecing together what had happened to indigenous people and visiting their villages and temples. In turn I also got a thrill out of seeing the invaders and their outposts and eventually the mothership.

Just replayed Unreal and I'll definitely second this. For such a simple, minimalist story, it creates an extraordinary level of atmosphere and somehow manages to evoke quite an emotional response at times (the level "The Trench" where you see the ISV-Kran crashed to fuck elicits a proper "ooh fuck" feeling).

I really love the way the story is told. Getting a plot relayed to you through text logs found on corpses is nothing new, but the way Unreal does it is awesome, with the constant impression that you arrived just a couple of hours too late to meet/rescue other survivors of the shipwrecks.

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2018, 12:55:39 AM »
Just replayed Unreal and I'll definitely second this. For such a simple, minimalist story, it creates an extraordinary level of atmosphere and somehow manages to evoke quite an emotional response at times (the level "The Trench" where you see the ISV-Kran crashed to fuck elicits a proper "ooh fuck" feeling).

I may take a vacation in the land of Unreal.  They'd have to get rid of the lizard people though.  Call me a racist but quite frankly, it's a deal breaker.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2018, 01:10:25 AM »

Has anyone said "off" yet?

Off.

St_Eddie

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2018, 01:52:33 AM »