Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your favourite settings in video games

Started by Lemming, December 03, 2018, 06:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

It would be very hard to create a recognisable toilet in a 2600 game due to the huge pixels.

St_Eddie

Quote from: MojoJojo on December 06, 2018, 10:45:47 AM
Looking for a more authoritative answer to this, led me to here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/48354-strange-question/...

Ah, yes but we were referring specifically to flushable toilets in 3D games.  A completely flat, non-functioning 2D pixel toilet is okay... I guess but unless you can flush it, it's just not the same.  We the people demand flushable toilets in our games, preferably rendered in glorious 3D porcelain-vision.

Dannyhood91

The colonised planet in the original Unreal game from 98. Loved piecing together what had happened to indigenous people and visiting their villages and temples. In turn I also got a thrill out of seeing the invaders and their outposts and eventually the mothership.

QDRPHNC

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 06, 2018, 04:32:24 PM
The one that inverts the vertical axis.

Yep.  An essential option as far as I'm concerned.  One of my favourite settings can be found in last year's Thimbleweed Park...

Lemming

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on December 06, 2018, 12:34:01 PM
The colonised planet in the original Unreal game from 98. Loved piecing together what had happened to indigenous people and visiting their villages and temples. In turn I also got a thrill out of seeing the invaders and their outposts and eventually the mothership.

Just replayed Unreal and I'll definitely second this. For such a simple, minimalist story, it creates an extraordinary level of atmosphere and somehow manages to evoke quite an emotional response at times (the level "The Trench" where you see the ISV-Kran crashed to fuck elicits a proper "ooh fuck" feeling).

I really love the way the story is told. Getting a plot relayed to you through text logs found on corpses is nothing new, but the way Unreal does it is awesome, with the constant impression that you arrived just a couple of hours too late to meet/rescue other survivors of the shipwrecks.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Lemming on December 13, 2018, 10:46:57 PM
Just replayed Unreal and I'll definitely second this. For such a simple, minimalist story, it creates an extraordinary level of atmosphere and somehow manages to evoke quite an emotional response at times (the level "The Trench" where you see the ISV-Kran crashed to fuck elicits a proper "ooh fuck" feeling).

I may take a vacation in the land of Unreal.  They'd have to get rid of the lizard people though.  Call me a racist but quite frankly, it's a deal breaker.

Dex Sawash

St_Eddie

Dex Sawash