Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Advent calendars

Started by im barry bethel, December 03, 2018, 09:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

im barry bethel

You're never too old, I've got a Quality Street and Malteasers on the go, one of the nippers has a Haribo, one wanted a Lindt chocolate one but that was a tenner so no chance. Last year my nurse had an Aldi perfume one and there's a load of beer/gin/cheese ones doing the rounds. Anyway whilst in the B&M shop I spotted all-sorts, seems every fucker and their wife is jumping on the piddly chocolate sales bandwagon

What sort of fucker is happy with a bloody Pringles advent calendar eh?

Edit: I have no idea why that last bit appears as a link as I struggle to remember how insert them like that

Edit edit: wtf?

king_tubby

Star Wars Lego. There was a tiny Sarlacc pit yesterday.

ASFTSN

24 bags of pork crackling in 6 different flavours.

DrGreggles

I got a Pact Coffee one as an early present from the missus.
Up to the 9th already.

mrpupkin

Absolutely pathetic even for a child, oooh a little chocolate grow up you eight year old waste

ASFTSN

Barry - how big would a beer advent calendar have to be to even be worth it? I'd want a pint each day, so it would have to nearly 14 litres of booze in a big cardboard slab.

Actually I'd like one with 24 tiny pubs in it, Vic & Bob style.

king_tubby

That chocolate was put there by Jesus Himself.

Icehaven

I saw some quite nice looking chocolate ones in Aldi a few weeks ago so I might get one later if they still have any and they're discounted. Tune in tomorrow for the next thrilling instalment and find out if there were any left!!

SteveDave

Everyone was given an advent calendar in work on Friday. As I'm not a child I simply ripped the back off it and ate the chocolate throughout the day. Take that the man.

Norton Canes

Quote from: king_tubby on December 03, 2018, 09:59:03 AM
Star Wars Lego. There was a tiny Sarlacc pit yesterday

This? Amazing what you can do with Lego.

Norton Canes

Apologies for the spoiler but here's the Hoth gun emplacement from day 7:

king_tubby

Quote from: Norton Canes on December 03, 2018, 10:55:21 AM
This? Amazing what you can do with Lego.

Aye, that's it. The sail barge was for Dec 1st, which I thought was a tad underwhelming.

ZoyzaSorris

The Kid's got a normal lego advent calendar (it is his borthday in dec as well so thought he deserved a treat). I havent got anything though because im an adult hurtling towards terrifying oblivion and little doors containing palm-oil derived chocolate wont cure this.

shiftwork2

I saw one filled with gin miniatures the other day, it was about fifty quid.

Norton Canes

Sin a cheese one. Presumably you have to hang it in the fridge.

Paul Calf

I've got a Quality Street one. They're lovely this year, especially when you consider that they're designed in three colours.

You can fuck off with your cheese, gin and pork scratching bollocks.

Cuellar

I just like the ones where there's a nice picture of a tree, or a little doggy with a christmas hat on, or a snowflake or something.

It's no wonder the world's gone to the dogs, reading this thread.

They had Haribo ones in Tesco. Couldn't help myself as it contains some of the varieties that you can't normally get in the UK. Yesterday had a little bag of "Phantasia" which contains dinosaurs, various monsters, trolls, gnomes and such from European folklore and, in keeping with the Christian spirit of Christmas, Satan himself.

https://www.haribo.com/deDE/world/produkte/lieblingsprodukte/phantasia.html

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ASFTSN on December 03, 2018, 10:15:32 AM

24 bags of pork crackling in 6 different flavours.

can you send me one?

alan nagsworth

got a celeb love island one. each little window has got the spunk or fanny juice of one of the contestants inside and you get to have a sniff or a taste. well worth the £200, it's what xmas is all about, this stuff

Icehaven

I've just remembered that the 7"vinyl single of Chris Rea's ''Winter Song''* came in an advent calendar sleeve and his face was under the 24.

*Not even ''Driving Home For Christmas''!!

Neville Chamberlain

Advent calendars?!?

Hard Brexit's too good for you lot!

Blinder Data

I've got a proper one from the future in-laws - no chocolate, just christianity. Jesus is our gift

You heathens make me sick

alan nagsworth

Here, you know what would be a great idea for a posh advent calendar? An electronic game with the same principle as Operation, called Body of Christ.

They layout would be Jesus' naked body with 25 different bodily ailments. Every day you open a new one and try to fish out whatever delicious candy broken bone or tumour or clogged artery or whatever without touching the sides and setting off the buzzer, which would go "CHRIST!!" and the halo would flash.

Fuck me that's good isn't it? I should maybe send it off before one of you nicks it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on December 03, 2018, 02:29:49 PM
Here, you know what would be a great idea for a posh advent calendar? An electronic game with the same principle as Operation, called Body of Christ.

They layout would be Jesus' naked body with 25 different bodily ailments. Every day you open a new one and try to fish out whatever delicious candy broken bone or tumour or clogged artery or whatever without touching the sides and setting off the buzzer, which would go "CHRIST!!" and the halo would flash.

Fuck me that's good isn't it? I should maybe send it off before one of you nicks it.

https://insight.typepad.co.uk/insight/2008/01/the-body-of-chr.html

Replies From View

I wonder if there is an Advent Calendarse that is just window upon window of - you guessed it!! - arse.

Cloud

Picked up a smol horsie one for 29p from B&M, but I keep hoping to find discounted good ones (e.g. Thorntons) as well, as Kinnerton... well you get what you pay for.   But it seems they've all cottoned on that we've cottoned on to buying them reduced in December, so are leaving them full price for longer.... same happens at Easter...

Quote from: Cloud on December 03, 2018, 05:27:49 PM
Picked up a smol horsie one for 29p from B&M, but I keep hoping to find discounted good ones (e.g. Thorntons) as well, as Kinnerton... well you get what you pay for.   But it seems they've all cottoned on that we've cottoned on to buying them reduced in December, so are leaving them full price for longer.... same happens at Easter...

I can't imagine how much you'd have to hate yourself to subject yourself to a piece of Kinnerton chocolate every day for three weeks.

DESOLATION.