Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:55:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So... Them French Protests, eh?

Started by Blumf, December 03, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 09, 2018, 04:25:50 PM

Or influential journalists working in the msm, and now multiple major media outlets are pushing this bogus Russia angle in the French protests, so it really does matter.

We obviously wouldn't need to keep making the same points again and again if they would stop trying the same propaganda tricks again and again would we, and I'm not going to stop pointing it out until they stop doing it. Sorry if you don't like that.

I don't even disagree with you on the issue, it's just fucking boring and one note and turns every thread into the same thing. Of course you don't understand this, that's why it's happening. You're welcome to these threads, all of them. You have almost single handedly made this place unbearably tedious to read, because every thread gets derailed by identical talking points

Buelligan

Or influential journalists working in the msm, and now multiple major media outlets are pushing this bogus Russia angle in the French protests, so it really does matter.

We obviously wouldn't need to keep making the same points again and again if they would stop trying the same propaganda tricks again and again would we, and I'm not going to stop pointing it out until they stop doing it. Sorry if you don't like that.

It really irritates me when you talk about "this bogus Russia angle in the French protests" biggy.  What evidence do you have to make that assertion? 

You just fight this corner because, traditionally, you always say that any criticism of Russia is bogus.  It started sometime around the Trump thing, I think.  I suppose you imagine that, if you allow that Russia might sometimes do something underhand, that would mean that they might've done something underhand to get Trump elected.  And that would mean that part of your little raft might start to look waterlogged. 

Your little raft is imaginary and doesn't mean anything to anyone but you. 

I mean why not just make a big 'Russia Paranoia' thread to dunk all of this in, rather than derailing every other fucking thread with it

Cuellar

Funnily enough Neil Hamilton at this Brexit March thing in London said Macron doesn't represent his people and is "an agent of a foreign power" - who could he mean?

chveik

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on December 09, 2018, 04:39:38 PM
I mean why not just make a big 'Russia Paranoia' thread to dunk all of this in, rather than derailing every other fucking thread with it

you are partly responsible though (with some other posters), you don't have to react to his posts

I usually don't! But this has been literally going on for years now, and this shit always seems to happen anyway

And it's not even about me reacting to them, it's that this stuff always seems to derail the thread which makes almost every thread extremely tedious to read even if you're a non-participant in the conversation. Whether you react or not, the thread turns to shit

BlodwynPig

It's important. People's lives suffer because of this slander. Putin told me last night in my dream.

Of course, I'm a Russian bot-hacker-cunt.

Yes, I understand that what I'm doing is useless and this tedium crusade will continue

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on December 09, 2018, 04:59:58 PM
Yes, I understand that what I'm doing is useless and this tedium crusade will continue

Take heart, you are a good person.

jobotic

But do you think the asset stripping criminal extreme capitalists that control Russia and have fleeced the Russian people are beyond criticism? Because, you know, you seem to.

Pingers

But you could literally find someone linking almost any major political event to Russia, so in your eyes that would justify linking to their tweet or whatever and then banging on about paranoia about Russia and making every thread about that.

Encore de Gatling, mes amis. Les jeux sont faits.

Gatling 1 - 0 Le bon peuple.

Au revoir, mon concubinage.

biniput

Quote from: jobotic on December 09, 2018, 05:35:34 PM
But do you think the asset stripping criminal extreme capitalists that control Russia and have fleeced the Russian people are beyond criticism? Because, you know, you seem to.

Why does he seem to? Surely the pointing out of propaganda and the issue of asset stripping oligarchs are a separate issue. I have seen a lot of this "if you are not with us then for them" stuff thrown all over the shop in the press.

jobotic

Quote from: biniput on December 09, 2018, 08:08:09 PM
Why does he seem to? Surely the pointing out of propaganda and the issue of asset stripping oligarchs are a separate issue. I have seen a lot of this "if you are not with us then for them" stuff thrown all over the shop in the press.

I don't doubt it, but its not my view. Asset stripping capitalists cunts and the far-right are all the enemy, British, American, Russian or whatever.

Paul Calf

Buelligan

I was just chatting to a not particularly bright old fellow about the gilets jaunes. 

He told me, for a certainty, that the recent news about riot police forcing protesting students in Mantes-la-Jolie to kneel in the dirt with their hands behind their heads was fake news and didn't happen.  He also told me that the spokespeople for the GJ, meeting with Macron today, had all been told by the far Left that they and their families will be killed if the meeting goes ahead. 

I asked him how he knew about this and he told me he got some emails.  I asked him where they came from and he told me he did not know.

Hank Venture

Yesterday I saw a clip of some riot cops throwing a man out of his wheelchair. Imagine what sort of person you'd have to be to just idly stand by and think «yes, I am doing good here»

Blumf

How has Macron been treating the police in all his reforming? I think that's one thing (of many) the Tories have fucked up on here, as they seem to have been pissing off the rank and file plod at a time when they may well have to rely on them.

biggytitbo

English translation of the Gilet Jaunes demands here - https://www.sott.net/article/402396-What-do-the-protesters-in-France-want-Check-out-the-official-Yellow-Vest-manifesto

Nobody knows exactly who wrote it, presumably Vladimir Putin, but it seems mostly a list of the kind of things leftists generally think are a good idea.

Buelligan

As AntFarmKeyboard said some posts ago, it's how the Front National get their virginity back.  As everyone acknowledges, there is no official Gilets Jaunes.

FredNurke

As I recall, Hank Pym assumed the identity of Yellowjacket in a fugue state. Does this mean that les gilets jaunes are really les hommes géants, or les hommes fourmis?

Ant Farm Keyboard

Russians are trying to take advantage of the events. They always try. But they didn't make Brexit, they didn't make Trump, and they didn't make the Yellow Vests. They're just taking advantage of a situation to push for more division in major countries that could be threats to them if they had a strong and united voice. They can throw oil on fire, they're embracing the opportunity, but they didn't create the troubles ex nihilo.

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on December 10, 2018, 10:52:41 AM
I was just chatting to a not particularly bright old fellow about the gilets jaunes. 

He told me, for a certainty, that the recent news about riot police forcing protesting students in Mantes-la-Jolie to kneel in the dirt with their hands behind their heads was fake news and didn't happen.  He also told me that the spokespeople for the GJ, meeting with Macron today, had all been told by the far Left that they and their families will be killed if the meeting goes ahead. 

I asked him how he knew about this and he told me he got some emails.  I asked him where they came from and he told me he did not know.

it's just one man's ludicrous opinions, it doesn't really mean anything.

Benevolent Despot

Should have some kind of forum filter to change the word "Russia" into "ManBearPig".

Sin Agog

Quote from: chveik on December 10, 2018, 05:49:46 PM

Now you've gone and ruined forums for me.

Buelligan

Quote from: chveik on December 10, 2018, 05:49:46 PM

It means that many people, people who are stupid enough to hold ludicrous opinions, of whom there are a number IME, read anonymous messages on the internet.  Messages targeted, presumeably, at them and their fellows, and believe - completely - whatever shit the sender writes.  It also means that this has been happening in the case of the GJ.  That means something quite serious IMO.   

Quite serious and very concerning, particularly when you have a conjunction of copious dimwits, widespread social media and psychopaths with access to both of those things.  Psychopaths who operate like Steve Bannon does.

BlodwynPig

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on December 11, 2018, 10:06:02 AM
It means that many people, people who are stupid enough to hold ludicrous opinions, of whom there are a number IME, read anonymous messages on the internet.  Messages targeted, presumeably, at them and their fellows, and believe - completely - whatever shit the sender writes.  It also means that this has been happening in the case of the GJ.  That means something quite serious IMO.   

Quite serious and very concerning, particularly when you have a conjunction of copious dimwits, widespread social media and psychopaths with access to both of those things.  Psychopaths who operate like Steve Bannon does.

you don't have any proof that it's a widespread problem though, you just have this man's words. you can't win an argument with generalizations like this (it's the equivalent of quoting a tweet). it's obvious that the GJ aren't manipulated by Bannon (or anyone for that matter), they have reasons to protest. you might not like their reasons, but they exist, and they're not particularly stupid.

Petey Pate