Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In Praise Of Alcoholism

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, December 04, 2018, 09:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Space ghost

Best thing about abstaining from booze is the weird defensiveness it engenders in some people.

Buelligan

I think that's actually some people.  Whether they drink or whether they abstain.

Dex Sawash

Squink

No, this is the booze thread mate. Are you drunk?

Shit Good Nose

Nah, he's not eating meat.  Right now.

Lisa, please understand I was just playing with a perspective, putting myself in someone's shoes to see what it feels like. Personally, I try not to drink ever during the week but I enjoy a couple of decent pints or a proper bottle of white burgundy at the weekend.

I start at 7pm on Friday and finish at 7pm Sunday evening, whether I have company or not, and I'll do the same every weekend until I'm dead or I lose my volunteer position coaching kiddies football. I probably shouldn't really be driving the team bus all in all but we're top of the league, despite - or perhaps because of - my language on the sidelines and I find the whole process and routine so rejuvenating. I may never have kiddies of my own but I feel like one of the real dads through this and I know I can be an inspiration to them all. We've got Wythenshawe this weekend and as I keep saying we're gonna proper fuck them up.

H-O-W-L

Very glad I got sober. I was at the "70cl a night" point and decided it was probably best to stop.

Twit 2

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 04, 2018, 09:25:48 AM
Otherwise, get as pissed up as you like. Wasn't it marvellous how Peter Cook let himself go? I remember reading something his top mate Chris Langham said about how it was a bit of a shame that Peter Cook died the death of some derelict dipsomaniac tramp, as, basically, his insides exploded inside him, due to somewhat excessive partaking of drink. But, fucking Hell he lived to  (almost ) 60 (just three years shy of that very age), so that's not bad going, is it? Probably had a whale of a time too, especially when he got a letter from his doctor saying 'You've got cirrhosis of the liver, mate ", and he downed a bottle of vodka to celebrate, in true 'ah, well/ Fuck It " styleee.
As we all know, this life is a right load of old bollocks. So, nothing wrong with getting pissed up as often as you possibly can. I expect nothing but full agreement on this very issue.

Twit 2