Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The integrity initiative

Started by biggytitbo, December 04, 2018, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Amazing that even though this is a massive scandal, there's hardly a msm journalist in the country who will touch this story with a barge pole.

Why is that I wonder?

Pdine

biggytitbo

What documentary?

Wowsers, Carole Cadwalladr has managed to turn this story, like she turns everything, into another Russian conspiracy complete with attacks on Emily Thornberry and seamus milne. So the FCO are funding a fake charity that is attacking Labour and in Carole warped mind its somehow their fault. Definetly entering mensch territory now.

biggytitbo

And whilst loads of labour figures are talking about this story, Corbyns deputy Tom Watson is silent, instead retweeting some nonsense about Russia being behind the Paris riots.

Hank Venture

It feels like the neo-mccarthyism is coming to some sort of boiling point. War with Russia soon? I mean, Reagan didn't think the Russian took it seriously when he riled up Yanks with talks of bombing, but they (Russians) very much did.

The world has gone completely mad. Even with someone as horrible as Trump at the help it's taken as complete fact that the US political elite is vastly preferrable to Putin. They're all as bad as each other, and they all would do the same stuff as Putin does if they could get away with it.

Hank Venture

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 09, 2018, 09:53:33 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/foreign-office-funds-2m-infowars-13707574

I mean, this is bonkers. This is the «fake news», propaganda, manufacturing opinion, etc. the RussiaGate stuff purports to be. Any news outlet who doesn't report on this should be disregarded.

Hank Venture

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 09, 2018, 10:34:54 PM
What documentary?

Wowsers, Carole Cadwalladr has managed to turn this story, like she turns everything, into another Russian conspiracy complete with attacks on Emily Thornberry and seamus milne. So the FCO are funding a fake charity that is attacking Labour and in Carole warped mind its somehow their fault. Definetly entering mensch territory now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1071832907990396929

I know nothing makes sense anymore and you can just say whatever you want if you're in the mdia, bit idn't that a bit ... scary? She wants the whole of Labour investigated for not speaking up about Russia. I meam, how close could you go to McCartyism before it starts being a bit too much?

Howj Begg

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 09, 2018, 09:53:33 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/foreign-office-funds-2m-infowars-13707574

Totally agree with you here, biggy that this is scandalous stuff and should get serious traction.

Now, about infowars and its role in the current iteration of American fascism?

manticore

Quote from: Hank Venture on December 09, 2018, 11:31:43 PM
I mean, this is bonkers. This is the «fake news», propaganda, manufacturing opinion, etc. the RussiaGate stuff purports to be. Any news outlet who doesn't report on this should be disregarded.

The Mirror has picked up the story from its Scottish sister paper:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-attack-government-funded-body-13709313

Hope this thread can stay on topic, it's fascinating stuff.

biggytitbo

And what is the reaction of other msm journalists in Scotland to this story?

You can't even report the story now without it being kremlin propaganda.

biggytitbo

Ben Nimmo, the neocon 'journalist' behind many an unhinged anti Russia story aswell as a fair number of Corbyn smears, who is a member of the atlantic council and bellingcat, is listed as a senior fellow of this group here - https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmdfence/107/10714.htm

It's all fitting together now.

Zetetic

I would suggest writing to AMs, MSPs, MPs regarding the Integrity Initiative.

https://www.writetothem.com/

biggytitbo

Corbyn's election strategy advisor from 2017:

@FromSteveHowell
As funding for these Black Ops started 2 years ago, @ElectoralCommUK should investigate to see if public money was used in breach of electoral rules. A re-run the 2017 General Election may be necessary. I'm sure @carolecadwalla @peoplesvote_uk will back me.

biggytitbo

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 10, 2018, 06:25:18 AM

This could get good -

BlodwynPig

Jakey Chesterton

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 10, 2018, 06:25:18 AM

From that thread:

5. So Sputnik thinks Integrity is a black op and so does, it seems, the Sunday Mail. They also use other buzzwords to suggest there is something clandestine or improper going on: secret, infowar, shadowy. Here is the full Sunday Mail story:

Doesn't quite match Luke Harding's speculations about distinctively Putinist smiley usage, but getting there.

Edit: saying 'secret' is a buzzword, ffs...

biggytitbo

Ben Nimmo is also the individual behind outing British citizens as russian bots, forcing 'Ian', a pensioner from Ipswich who tweets anti war stuff, to have to go on Sky News and deny he works for Putin.

From what I'm reading it seems like this group have been around a while and may has used a similar setup during the 2014 scottish referendum - 'clusters' of like minded journalists and commentators echoing each others propaganda points.

The Integrity institute model explains the whole year long 'anti-semitism crisis' fake scandal against Corbyn as well doesn't it? There's a vast overlap in personnel between the two.

BlodwynPig

They need to be destroyed. Who's with me?

...post...hang on..post!!....dammit...post!!!

Who are you? Aaaaash

Paul Calf

This thread is champion. Biggy is incontrovertibly correct to bring this to CaB's attention. Thank you, bigs.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 10, 2018, 12:55:26 PM
This thread is champion. Biggy is incontrovertibly correct to bring this to CaB's attention. Thank you, bigs.

Welcome apprentice, the Master Biggington will see you shortly. He's just cleaning his puppies

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

biggytitbo

BlodwynPig

Cadwallr would have a field day on here - secret messages used by underground network of Russian bots posing as bald losers

biggytitbo

I'm confused by David Aaronovitch now though. We know these documents are real, and his name was on the UK cluster, and that the Integrity Institute followed him and dozens of journalists from his circle, yet he not only denied having any affiliation with them, he denied ever having heard of them.

If David could present himself to a local police station Inspector Cluefarter is willing to fart on him in order to solve this curious mystery.

Pingers

The Corbyn angle makes this even tastier, I'm looking forward to seeing how that pans out, alongside the outstanding issue of No. 10's involvement in the Vote Leave / Taxpayers Alliance smear.

manticore

The Guardian has picked up on the story, but then after it's been covered on the Today programme and criticised by Alan Duncan, it could hardly not:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/10/foreign-office-investigates-report-state-funded-body-targeted-corbyn

The BBC's article helpfully lets us know the perspective of 'Foreign Office sources':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46509956

Both really only scratching the surface yet though.

biggytitbo

There was a fun development with David Leask, who despite denying he had ever met the integrity institute or attended any of their seminars, did in fact meet the integrity institute and attend their seminars, according to the actual director of the integrity institute. These people really are slippery liars aren't they?

biggytitbo

The propaganda is now eating its own tail