Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:57:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokemon Let's Go

Started by Twed, December 04, 2018, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

It's well put together but a bit repetitive. Finished the main quest last night, mainly using a really buff Clefairy.

Consignia

I do like it, but it suffers way too much by being a rigid update of the first game (or yellow, whateves). What I really liked about Sun and Moon, is they threw away some of the old grid map designs, deep menus, etc. But this is almost a horrible return to all that. It would have been really nice to have an update to original, but move to a more modern style.

You can tell it was a hastily developed game though, all the mons models are just ripped out of Pokemon Go, and look a bit cheap and nasty as a result.

Still it was fun though, I don't think I've ever had a Pokedex filled so high.

Twed

Quote from: Consignia on December 04, 2018, 07:21:41 PM
You can tell it was a hastily developed game though, all the mons models are just ripped out of Pokemon Go, and look a bit cheap and nasty as a result.
Also one of my pet peeves: character model animations still playing when the game is paused. I used to make Flash games and even then I'd make sure that shit wasn't a thing.

Somebody I know pointed out that everybody in the game is too nice. Gary and Blue should at least be a little dickish.

I would have liked less mazes in the game, and an adjustable difficulty curve (I know I can technically achieve that myself by using shit Pokemon, but then it takes away from the feeling of building up an A-team).

There's a mysterious 2019 "core" Pokemon game coming out next year, right?

Unless they patch in Pro Con support, I won't be playing any more of the shit. Like Nintendo are arsed

Twed

You can play one-handed though, which is a good thing if you find Pokemon as sexy as I do.

I'm not holding one of those misshapen little bastards ever again in my life. I can't even imagine having a mate over and handing him one of them. They're absurd. Switch is finished.

Dog Botherer

Been playing a lot of this with the wife and kid, bringing back loads of great memories. Absolutely terrifying them with my encyclopedic knowledge of Pokemon shit, most of which I thought I'd forgotten. Been trying to get them to main something other than the MEGA-PIKACHU but they won't listen to me. Perverts.

Genuinely enjoying the incentives to actually catch Pokemon though, most of the time in the GB/DS games I just wasn't arsed if it wasn't strong or something I needed. Also liking the fact that the entire team gets experience from battles/catching, mostly because I'm lazy as fuck. Made grinding that fucking Magikarp up to level 20 a breeze.