Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The sensation of being in limbo

Started by Noonling, December 04, 2018, 07:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

I don't like it. I don't mind change in and of itself, but I don't like that period where you don't know if the change is going to happen, or how its going to happen.

I got a new job two weeks ago, and decided today I wouldn't stick with it because the business is...shoddy, to say the least. I'll tell the manager on Friday, but I'm not sure how long to stick with it for the moment - end of December? End of January? Say "fuck off" on Friday? Depends what she says I suppose. I haven't decided yet whether I'll say "Not my thing" or "Jesus Christ there are so many problems with this business and surely you and I both know its only going to get worse". I'll need to look for a job, but I have savings so its not too urgent. What job will it be? When? After Christmas?

Currently I'm in limbo due to my own indecision, but sometimes its other people's - be it related to work, love, money, friendship. How do you cope with being in limbo? Do you hate it? Does it make you think about the vastness of the universe and chillax? Everything for me is technically fine, I'm just uncomfortable about the uncertainty.

P.S. The answer to the annoying sensation of being in limbo isn't to go off travelling, hope that saves a few posts.