Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:28:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Belle and Sebastian on a boat

Started by king_tubby, December 05, 2018, 11:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 14, 2019, 12:48:35 AM
What did this picnic involve exactly? Food and drink, obviously, but I presume the band weren't actually playing live in the park. So they were just having a picnic while listening to Belle & Sebastian records? That sounds harmless enough to me... unless they were dancing around like Limmy in this sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G13uarFbxFw

Fuck knows! I wasn't invited. I presume the expression on my face when I got told about it precluded that. I'm all for picnics incidentally. Not a Belle And Sebastian fan but I do like the odd track. But the two combined. No. Just no.

New page boy with the arab crap.

jobotic

I bet there was a vintage Hello Kitty hairslide exchange.

king_tubby

Was this picnic in London? I think I nominally went to one of those once. But didn't really hang out there, just met some other people and went to the pub.

Jockice

Quote from: king_tubby on August 14, 2019, 08:31:34 AM
Was this picnic in London? I think I nominally went to one of those once. But didn't really hang out there, just met some other people and went to the pub.

Nah, it was Sheffield. The Botanical Gardens. Are Belle And Sebastian picnics a common thing then?

king_tubby

I think they may well have been back in the late 90s.

holyzombiejesus

They were, back in the days of the Sinister forum. I got a letter published in NME or Melody Maker about it, following their issue about the conflict between emos and moshers (ha!). I impelled them to unite against the common enemy and to visit a B&S picnic.

king_tubby

Yeah, the one I sort of went to was all arranged via the NME's Angst forum.

Icehaven

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 14, 2019, 12:26:01 PM
I guess it went well then

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/aug/13/belle-and-sebastian-boaty-weekender-indie-festival-cruise

It makes me laugh how some of comments say ''Well it seems expensive but it's only twice the price of a regular festival' as if that isn't much more. It's loads! It's literally twice the price! And over a grand for just a weekend away anywhere doing anything is eyewateringly expensive anyway, unless you're loaded.

PaulTMA

Best festival ever, it's going to be hard to imagine another one coming close.  A once in a lifetime kind of thing.  I feel still feel like I'm on a boat two and a half days later, which is less good though.

There are rumours going around that Steve Diggle slept for only two hours for the whole trip.  He looked like he was having the time of his life though.

Twed

I heard some of the people there stayed up until 11pm!

PaulTMA

That reminds me, it was good to not have any internet for a few days

Twed

Does it keep reminding you of better, less wet bands?

holyzombiejesus

What were the proper attendees like? Did they leave you decent tips?

Twed

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 14, 2019, 12:48:35 AM
What did this picnic involve exactly?
Laughing at in-jokes in a way that sounds like this: "Foh-foh-foh-foh-foh!"

Twed

holyzombiejesus

Am seriously interested in what the 'exclusive' LP of FYHC,YWLAP amounts to. Also were there any David Berman tributes?

non capisco

Were Alvvays good? I love their first album so damn much.

jobotic

Indie Hedge Fund Managers' Kids.

Thanks