Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

London meet, Saturday 22nd December: visiting the infant pancreas in his manger

Started by pancreas, December 05, 2018, 02:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on December 15, 2018, 06:48:09 PM
I have it on good authority that there is a 99% chance that erstwhile poster Danger Manger will be turning up. Which is good, really, since I'll be reporting that he turned up whether or not he actually did.

Pret A Manger more like!!!

shiftwork2

Imminent, so I'd like to suggest we repeat last year's crawl of festive fairy-lit pubs around Shoreditch.  Better suggestions which have some research or work around them are of course welcome.

pancreas

Ferris

Gordon's wine bar followed by the Seven Stars to look at the pub cat with its little ruff.

Replies From View

Gordon's Wine Bar will be absolutely rammed by the time we meet.  It always is.

Ferris

pancreas

Well, we did most of this last time:

https://londonpubcrawls.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/hoxton/

starting off in the 7 seasons.

It was very nice. I'd be happy to do all that again.

Replies From View

Same here too, as well.

Fans of me no longer drinking alcohol will be excited to observe how much Earl Grey tea I consume over the evening.

pancreas

They may not have any, since we are going to PUBS, so perhaps you can do a Keith and Candice-Marie impersonation and bring a canister of tea, sporting Gortex overgarments.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on December 16, 2018, 01:44:55 PM
They may not have any, since we are going to PUBS, so perhaps you can do a Keith and Candice-Marie impersonation and bring a canister of tea, sporting Gortex overgarments.

Well I'm going to do that anyway, but one canister of tea will not last the full night.  I will need refills from the handy counters they have, and if they refuse to cooperate I will only initiate The CaBber's Pissmeal Revenge.

shiftwork2

The George and Vulture was closed last year and, having been in it since, is definitely worth a miss.  The Electricity Showrooms might be a good starting point, anyone using Old Street tube will walk right past it.  The 7 Seasons is great if we're a wee bunch.  Finishing at the Wenlock Arms is essential, what an amazing pub.

Paul Calf

pancreas

boki

SteveDave

If any of you want to see Helen Love play at the Lexington on the evening of the 22nd let me know and I will arrange a list.

boki

That's very tempting cos I'm heading to Bang Face at the Electrowerkz later, but I'll probably knacker myself out if I do.

Icehaven

Quote from: SteveDave on December 16, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
If any of you want to see Helen Love play at the Lexington on the evening of the 22nd let me know and I will arrange a list.

If I was going I'd have definitely taken you up on that but I'm not.

Twit 2

Quote from: pancreas on December 15, 2018, 06:48:09 PM
I have it on good authority that there is a 99% chance that erstwhile poster Danger Manger will be turning up. Which is good, really, since I'll be reporting that he turned up whether or not he actually did.

Blimey, not sure how you'll cope with the overload of festive cheer if banned transphobic mega-cunt Danger 'I like to laugh at the victims of domestic violence' Man turns up.

pancreas

Twit 2

Dex Sawash

boki

Where's this bleddy manger gonna be, then?

[tag]Prats A Manger[/tag]

pancreas

Good point. Electricity Showrooms seems to have closed to become something else. Let's start at the 7 seasons—says it's under new management. We can always decamp to Howl at the Moon if a problem.

When's the kick off?

Replies From View

I'll be meeting you some time after 5pm so will need updates when you move on to other places.

Spoon of Ploff

I'll be there or thereabouts at approximately four chimes of the Bow Bells

that's 4PM

Gamma Ray

Can you go to Ballie Ballerson?

Replies From View

shiftwork2

Janie Jones

Righto, Seven Seasons at 4pm.  I'll be a bit early because my plan is to do some shopping in Shoreditch first but I'll almost certainly get bored and, muttering crossly about the price of hipster gewgaws, retire to the Seven Seasons and pay £4.50 for 1/3rd of craft beer.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm not going to make it unfortunately, my bank account is so in the red that I couldn't afford the transport fees, let alone drinks. Hopefully there'll be one in the Spring as once I've been paid a couple of times I should be able to finally make one.