Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cuckoo S5

Started by Malcy, December 05, 2018, 03:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Coming early 2019. First cast pic has been released. There's no sign of Taylor Lautner's character though. Andie MacDowell is joining as 'Ivy'.

Picture won't post. Happening a lot on here recently. I really enjoyed the last series so glad this one is on less than a year since the last. 7 episodes.

up_the_hampipe

So they've replaced Cuckoo's replacement?

Zetetic

Quote from: Malcy on December 05, 2018, 03:20:53 PM
Picture won't post. Happening a lot on here recently.
What's the URL?

Malcy

Small Man Big Horse

chrispmartha

I really like Cuckoo, glad it's coming back.

Two things.

Tyger Drew-Honey is Ben Dover's son

Esther Smith, she's just lovely isn't she!

Malcy

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 05, 2018, 04:16:49 PM
Here you go:

Thats not showing for me either. Must be a problem at my end! Thanks for posting it.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Malcy on December 05, 2018, 03:20:53 PM
Coming early 2019.

Quite honestly, I could have done without knowing how you'll be ringing the new year in.

Malcy

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 05, 2018, 06:54:11 PM
Quite honestly, I could have done without knowing how you'll be ringing the new year in.

I refuse to break tradition!

Malcy

Been confirmed that Taylor Lautner's not appearing and Ivy is Ken's 'unknown sister'.

Oliver Mardy

Quote from: chrispmartha on December 05, 2018, 04:36:46 PM

Tyger Drew-Honey is Ben Dover's son

Is that the boy on the left? He looks just like John Thompson(sp) from out off of Bernard Righton.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Malcy on December 08, 2018, 02:22:51 PM
Been confirmed that Taylor Lautner's not appearing and Ivy is Ken's 'unknown sister'.

Weird! So it'll basically just be a straightforward family sitcom then?

I've still not watched series 4.

Malcy

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 08, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
Weird! So it'll basically just be a straightforward family sitcom then?

I've still not watched series 4.

Looks like it. Last series was good. Might be on iPlayer.

MuteBanana

I think Cuckoo still works even with an estranged relative. The idea is someone different and unknown crashing into their lives.

Mango Chimes

Greg Davies pictured standing on his knees or in a ditch, there.

I've never watched a single episode of this, but I have enjoyed Davies and Lautner messing about on YouTube, so sad there won't be one of those for this series. (Lautner would be brilliant for Taskmaster, because his relationship with Davies is wonderful.)

MuteBanana

Is that little boy the daughter's? Christ. It's not difficult to get a photo right. Little boy should be in front of daughter. Eve should be between Dad and Mum because thats going to be the relationship she distrupts. Dog in the middle.

St_Eddie

MuteBanana

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 08, 2018, 10:53:00 PM
Dog is in the middle.  Good doggie.

You know what I mean.

Malcy

All 7 episodes up on iPlayer.

St_Eddie

Quote from: MuteBanana on December 09, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
You know what I mean.

Quote from: MuteBanana on December 09, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
I saw her on Monday, 'twas my lucky bun day.
You know what I mean.

I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day.
You know what I mean.

Malcy

Binged it last night. Enjoyed it. Andie MacDowell is a great addition to the cast. Odd that they didn't give any explanation for why Dale isn't in it anymore. On or off screen.

The whole Tash storyline wasn't even resolved by the end which bugged me a bit. The cliffhanger ending obviously means they intend to make more but haven't heard of another series being commissioned yet.

Yeah, thought this was pretty great. The cast changes along the way have made it feel like an "anything goes" series, which has really played to the silliness and absurdity of the writing and characters, in a good way. It's very much in the classic British sitcom format with its pacing and amount of plotlines and subplots in each episode. The pure visual comedy of Davies' presence never gets old, just seeing him walk into a room of people is enough to raise a smile. He is brilliant overall throughout, I thought. Probably the best thing he's done with some classic moments of complete slapstick stupidity.

Andie MacDowell was a real surprise to see in this, I'd love to know how that happened and how she got involved. There must be a story there? She was great as Ivy and made the series feel fresh again. Steve amazing as ever, of course, and had a bigger role in this than previously. Like Davies, just looking at him will make you smile.

Great cast overall (Lorna, kids, all excellent) and some really funny/charming writing. It's got just the right balance of silly bawdiness and cosy whimsy to make it feel like a bit of a classic.

vainsharpdad

Best series yet. Pissing myself over the delivery of "Are you going to make me evil?"