Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

people who are just loud

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2018, 11:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

do you know anybody who is just loud? Do you encounter loudness often? what's the point of people who are loud? who slam shit down and just kick things out the way and just yell at you and everyone else for no discernible reason. There is no reason to be loud unless you are scolding a malcontent.

Buelligan

I really notice it when people visit from out of the village, people from the UK, the States, Ireland, anywhere. 

FUCK ME, IT TAKES THEM A FEW DAYS TO RECALIBRATE THIER VOLUME CONTROLS.

pancreas

Woman in our department. Door open, screams at the top of her voice, lots of cackling. Can hear her all down the corridor.

What can you do?

Apparently I'm somewhat loud sometimes.

Captain Crunch

I'm still not sure why most women shout at their children.  Not telling them off, just talking to them in a much louder barkier voice than normal. 

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 06, 2018, 11:35:29 AM
I'm still not sure why most women shout at their children.  Not telling them off, just talking to them in a much louder barkier voice than normal.

Probably because they're at the end of their fucking tether.

Buelligan

Or that's what their parents did with them.

Blue Jam

Yeah, that's me, sorry about that.

lipsink

I find it really painful when I'm in a place with loads of people and I'm chatting to a friend who SPEAKS REALLY LOUDLY.
I have about 2 friends who do this who don't seem to have an 'indoor voice'. It's when every one else is quiet but my friend(s) are talking really loudly so everyone else can hear us and starts looking up.

How do you tell them to quieten down or is it my problem? I think I just have a thing about other people listening to my conversations. I hate speaking on the phone if I'm on a bus or something too.

Icehaven

One of my housemates stomps up and down stairs like a child on Christmas morning and pierces microwave meals as if he's performing an emergency airway puncture (I can actually hear it through the floor) Other than that he's very quiet and has a very quiet voice so I don't know if these are just deaf spots or something.

Shit Good Nose

I'm (consciously) loud on the phone, but that comes from having to shout down it so my hard-of-hearing mother who refused to get hearing aids 20 years ago can hear me.  She's got hearing aids now, but too little too late and I still have to shout cos she left it for so long.  I try to speak quieter when I'm on the phone to anyone else, but I always end up being loud again. 

Other than that, just two women in their 70s who go to the gym the same time as me.  It's either hearing about how poor old Wilf has to have his rectum removed due to cancer, or listen to the same compilation CD they've been playing for the last 18 months.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

THIS IS THE NORMAL VOLUME OF A CANADIAN

Must be because they live so far away from each other/other racist reason/are educationally subnormal in the fucking head

sevendaughters

my girlfriend's flatmate. she (the flatmate) lived with her parents during university and stayed there until 30. it's quite a big old house and as such she had free rein to slam, yell, drop, make noise, and fuck as loud as she likes. her anecdotes are all delivered like a female Brian Blessed. the whole atmosphere of the flat changes when i hear her bongbongbonging up the stairs. she's nice! she's very nice! but fuck ME is she loud. she managed to annoy me whilst writing an email in her room while i was in the lounge. scraping about and writing out loud, hammering her keys like a demented Reich piece. i'm reliably informed she dominates at her local Labour branch too.

her boyfriend is really quiet.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: icehaven on December 06, 2018, 01:09:10 PM
One of my housemates stomps up and down stairs like a child on Christmas morning and pierces microwave meals as if he's performing an emergency airway puncture (I can actually hear it through the floor) Other than that he's very quiet and has a very quiet voice so I don't know if these are just deaf spots or something.

Do you reckon if they were just generally mid-level audible it would be as annoying?

Is this similar to when you meet a completely beautiful charismatic seemingly perfect person who has two or three grating character/visual/hygiene fault that totally ruin it, then end up with someone who is generally 6 or 7/10 in all departments instead.

Icehaven

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2018, 01:49:24 PM
Do you reckon if they were just generally mid-level audible it would be as annoying?

Yeah maybe, the inconsistency does make it stand out more, similarly if he permanently slammed and roared his way around the house it'd be more annoying but at least logical, whereas it's just stupid to pad about in socks carefully closing doors behind you then sound as if you're trying to put your foot through the stairs.

Norton Canes

I'm not so much loud as shrill. Not quite the same thing but equally annoying I'm sure. I would love to speak with honeyed, mellifluous tones.

pancreas

Quote from: Norton Canes on December 06, 2018, 02:17:52 PM
I'm not so much loud as shrill. Not quite the same thing but equally annoying I'm sure. I would love to speak with honeyed, mellifluous tones.

It's true. When you got over-excited once, you shattered my pint glass.

Brundle-Fly

A lot of the English-West Indian girls that walk past my flat after school has finished for the day. A tidal wave of maniacal screaming, laughter, singing and yes, rapping (or toasting). I love it normally, but not when I'm feeling fragile.

mojo filters

When I first read this, I couldn't think of anyone specific, thus had one of those oh shit, maybe that's me then!? moments.

Then I remembered all those years ago working in northern call centres, where it seemed like anyone with half a brain could easily climb the promotion ladder, with those rewards seemingly nearly always going to the brashest, loudest and most vocal women.

These folks would then inflict their voluminous tones on us poor support staff, raising their voices further to ask us to fulfill whatever trivial task they were not allowed to do themselves - increasing the volume depending on their perceived urgency or importance of the issue at hand.

Occasionally I saw some sweet payback, ironically by staying silent save for stifling a giggle. We also had all the equipment the company didn't trust to be used on the operational floors, and got to see the same folks go from proudly colour printing some fancy new team tool, to their confusion when said paper was not laminated or returned after being fed into the big shredder!

As a youngster I certainly had the capacity to be louder than average, mainly because my mother had begun going deaf in one ear from as long as I can remember, then the other began to go next. Hence it was just automatic to talk loudly to avoid having to repeat yourself, but I also realised what I was doing.

Then after I leave home, my mother goes and gets one then another of what I can only describe as Frankenstein-esque implants, that aid hearing through bone conductivity I think.

Over the years the technology has improved, so bizarrely as she got older her hearing has got better - but unfortunately my childhood reflex still kicks in when talking to her, and the more important / less repetitive I want to be, the louder I instinctively speak, which is awkward when she physically winces from now painfully loud volumes!