Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would it be better if every game was a hundred quid?

Started by The Boston Crab, December 06, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Then only the best games would even bother being made because nobody is buying shit games for a hundred quid.

It's also a great new review system (revolutionary). Is this game worth a hundred quid?

Zelda BotW  Yep.
Lumines yep.
Spiderman can't say.
Hirizon Zero Down. Maybe.
Forxa Horizon 4. Yep.
Undertale no.

What do you guy's think ?

madhair60

Undertale is worth a thousand quid. I like the idea of this review system though and I will adopt it.

Jerzy Bondov

No, none of those games are worth a hundred pounds. Don't be silly. ONE HUNDRED POUNDS? To make a little elf man run around in a field? Come off it.

Ekarauga? Hunner.
Drathsmiles? No.
Dodonpachi DaiOuJou? Easy hunner.
Dodonpachi SaiDaiOuJou? Can't pay a hunner for that.
Bastagun? No chanc
Kirby Star Ally? You bets pay ME a hunner to play that shit.
Monkey islands? Hunner
Monkey islands 2? Hunner
Monky islands 3? Cool zero.
Cannon Foder? Hundi
Sensible Golf? Never technically been seen so who knows

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 06, 2018, 12:25:45 PM
No, none of those games are worth a hundred pounds. Don't be silly. ONE HUNDRED POUNDS? To make a little elf man run around in a field? Come off it.

You fell right onto my trap!! My my my...

BUT I bet you pay fifty for two crap games without thinking is it worth it? Or ten craps for ten pound each over a year. Best pay one hindred pounds for the very best only.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

wooders1978

Never even heard of lumines - will investigate post haste

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 06, 2018, 12:29:59 PM
You fell right onto my trap!! My my my...

BUT I bet you pay fifty for two crap games without thinking is it worth it? Or ten craps for ten pound each over a year. Best pay one hindred pounds for the very best only.
Did I fuck. Anyway I don't want to play one game, even if it's great. I like playing different games. If I spent a hundred pounds on a game I'd feel compelled to do everything in the game long past the point where I was enjoying it. By buying games cheaply I don't feel any guilt when I drop them unceremoniously for being hard work.

biggytitbo

I never pay more than about £10 for games, its one of the advantages of been about 2 years behind. I'm playing Call of Duty Infinite warfare now and it cost me £4.

Jerzy Bondov

If everybody waited for 2 years like Biggy there would be no games made. Makes you think.

biggytitbo

Some people just can't wait though can they? Wazzocks.

the

A hundred quid, do these cunts come on a 50 Mbit cartridge or something? Have a word

Timothy

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 06, 2018, 12:18:59 PM
Then only the best games would even bother being made because nobody is buying shit games for a hundred quid.

It's also a great new review system (revolutionary). Is this game worth a hundred quid?

Zelda BotW  Yep.
Lumines yep.
Spiderman can't say.
Hirizon Zero Down. Maybe.
Forxa Horizon 4. Yep.
Undertale no.

Zelda Breath of the Wild wasn't worth 60, let alone 100.

the

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 06, 2018, 12:28:18 PMKirby Star Ally? You bets pay ME a hunner to play that shit.

She was very good in Cheers though

Thursday

Well any real game does ask you to spend £100's in DLC's and Microtransactions now. Only shit one's with no long term business sense don't do that.

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 06, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

I think maybe the opposite. What if all games were free and microtransactions weren't allowed, only Patreons and "pay what you think it's worth" and maybe merchandising for the big corporate fuckers. Games would absolutely have to be good (or at least the developers would have to try).

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 would never have been made under this model, which is a good sign. Under the "must cost $100" model I think it would have still made a lot of children cry, because that fucker was sitting on shelves at full price for months after it was being trashed in the press.

The only immediate reason I can think of for this model failing would be brands that generated a lot of blind loyalty. Some politics shithead like Rush Limbaugh could maybe expand his empire releasing a shitty game on the basis that it buys you further membership into his club.

Twed

Or maybe that's mental, I dunno.

Cuellar

No, I'd never buy another game. I spent 50 quid on RDR2 and feel like I got shafted. Hunner? Forget it.

Blue Jam

What if every game was a hundred quid but every console was twenty pence? It'd be just like the 90's.

Replies From View

Boltek Simonz - £100
Gahyermeher - £100
Dust n' ting - £100
Riots or Bust It - £100
Freshman's Eyes Out - £100
Weaker Than Thou - £100
Lost In Translation with Bill Murray - £100
Trouserpress Weekend - £100
Broiled Homestools or Gravadlax - £100
Suck Em And Seizure - £100
Taint Half Hot Ma - £100
Jesus' Only Cock - £100

Quote from: the on December 06, 2018, 02:17:38 PM
She was very good in Cheers though

Funniest thing on already very funny thread. Cheers

Edit pun NOT intended hahaha  Just realised the cheers thing

madhair60

Slept on this and have come to the conclusion that it's a great idea. 100% on board - or should I say £100 on board?? ;)

Lost Oliver

I think you should say 100 pounds of flesh on board.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: madhair60 on December 07, 2018, 09:04:36 AM
Slept on this and have come to the conclusion that it's a great idea. 100% on board - or should I say £100 on board?? ;)
Unbelievably wrong headed conclusion. Perhaps it would have been best if you had continued to sleep, forever, ie died.

The Boston Crab should be charged a £100 per posts, which would mean only the very best of his posts would make it through.

I'm almost a thousandaire so that would be no problem for me mate

Fry

I could well see you paying a hundred quid for a new version of Dr. Mario, Bosto. You're beautiful in that way.

Glebe

Blue Jam

Someone here (in the RDR2 thread, I think) made the point that video games probably offer the best value for money of all media now. With RDR2 you're paying less than £1 per hour of the campaign, and with something like Dishonored 2 you could complete the campaign two different ways and double your money's worth. Games like Titanfall 2 have a campaign and a fuckload of multiplayer modes. Wolfenstein 2 has bonus missions after the campaign... With a blu-ray of a film (for example) you're paying more like £10 an hour (and it might even feature some of the same actors as those games).

Maybe that's all bollocks, but when you buy an AAA game today you can be reasonably sure that the developers won't have taken the piss.