Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Groop plays.... in the milky night (again)

Started by hummingofevil, December 06, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

alan nagsworth

Milky bastards are doing a session for Marc Riley on 6 Music tonight. Bet they play Jenny.

the science eel

Looks like they're doing very deep-cuts-heavy setlists this time round with very few of the obvious big tunes.

the science eel

Just out.

Yeah, kind of uncompromising, in the way you say. I think I recognised four tunes. 'French Disko' tossed off in 90 seconds as an encore, super fast. But they were great, really very fine.

I need to find out what followed 'Miss Modular' cos it was ace and Laetitia was frugging like a loon. She's such a sweetheart, really gracious and shy.

jobotic

Anyone going to the Friday Hackney gig? Is Earth good, never been.

Quote from: the science eel on November 17, 2022, 10:10:11 PMI need to find out what followed 'Miss Modular' cos it was ace and Laetitia was frugging like a loon. She's such a sweetheart, really gracious and shy.
Going by the other setlists on the tour, maybe it was "Mountain"? :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-66TiJ1pY4
I absolutely adore that song, and I'll never really understand how something so willfully low-key and unassuming can be so moving.   

jobotic

Totally agree - it's one of their very best. I'll cry if they play that.

the science eel

No, it was a fast one. Although it looks like they've played almost exactly the same set every night!

There was a real transcendental moment halfway through when they stretched out playing...dunno what. But the crowd went mad.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on November 17, 2022, 10:38:03 PMGoing by the other setlists on the tour, maybe it was "Mountain"? :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-66TiJ1pY4
I absolutely adore that song, and I'll never really understand how something so willfully low-key and unassuming can be so moving.   

Yeah one of my fav's too.

the science eel

Sorry - yeah, it was 'Mountain'. I just got back and played it. It's wonderful.

The Mollusk

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2022, 10:13:47 PMAnyone going to the Friday Hackney gig? Is Earth good, never been.

If it's the ground floor auditorium style venue and not the downstairs one, from my experience it's shite. Big open unreserved seating with a little bit of space between the front row seats and the stage. It was completely full when I arrived to see Deerhoof a few years back and we'd got in while the support band was playing, didn't really know what to do so we just went and stood in the bit in front of the stage, no one else had thought of this and after we did it lots of others flocked down. Weird and annoying layout.