Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:19:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Conjurer's "Mire" is the greatest metal album of 2018

Started by alan nagsworth, December 06, 2018, 06:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

It ain't end of year list time yet, and this is so fucking good it deserved its own thread.

I've never heard this band before but I decided to give it a whirl today and by the pope, it's utterly phenomenal. 43 minutes and not a dull moment on it, with soaring, graceful post-metal nuances to rival Cult of Luna and maybe even Isis alongside fucking huge, crushing waves of sludge metal and occasional scorching blasts of thrash/death metal.

Incredibly well-written tunes that carry so much weight and emotion, I just can't fathom the reach of this thing. I'm currently on my fourth listen and I can't get enough. This is some seriously impressive stuff.

Have a goosey gander for yourselves:

Retch

The Mire

Choke

alan nagsworth

don't be sleeping on this one ya fuckin ding dongs it's one of the biggest and best albums of the year

boki

It's a good 'un, certainly one of Holy Roar's best releases this year, but I think I prefer MØL's album while we're on that subject.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Rivers of Nihil album is my fav metal one this year. That conjurer one is pretty alright though.