Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dawn Butler threatened on London tube

Started by canadagoose, December 06, 2018, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

https://twitter.com/DawnButlerBrent/status/1070787322248134656

Probably just salt of ver erf, propah wurkin'g clarse citizens or whatever people are calling the fash these days.

edit: She's the MP for the Brent Central constituency, btw.

jobotic

Meanwhile the Sun Says

Quote"If Remain won, our democracy would be shattered, all faith in politicians destroyed. That never ends well ... Do you think Brits are too reserved for civil disorder? Cast your mind back to the riots of the 1970s, 1980s, 1990 or 2011. Or the febrile atmosphere of the referendum, during which Jo Cox MP was heartbreakingly murdered".

Is it a risk the second vote camp are ready to take? Because they will have to live with its consequences ... Britain is already 'a deeply fractured country', in the words of Chancellor Philip Hammond yesterday ... Imagine how bad it will get if MPs, having handed the people the right to choose Brexit, then steal it from us"

canadagoose

Quote from: jobotic on December 06, 2018, 11:52:09 PM
Meanwhile the Sun Says

She may be have been a pro-Brexiter, but let's face it, she wasn't targeted by people in the anti-Brexit camp, was she?

I've been threatened on the tube, I didn't realise it was a Brexit thing. I wasn't being a Brexit at the time.

madhair60

I was once called a "mouthy [n-word]" on the tube by a man in a big blue parka, which was surprising because I was (and am) a white gentleman and also had been sitting in total silence.

canadagoose

Quote from: canadagoose on December 07, 2018, 12:12:16 AM
She may be have been a pro-Brexiter, but let's face it, she wasn't targeted by people in the anti-Brexit camp, was she?
Sorry, I don't know why I assumed that quote was written by her. I understand the context now.

jobotic

Quote from: DistressedArea on December 07, 2018, 09:13:25 AM
I've been threatened on the tube, I didn't realise it was a Brexit thing. I wasn't being a Brexit at the time.

Cool. I won't worry about The Sun threatening another Jo Cox murder if they don't get their way then.

I think It'd be pretty mean to murder her twice.

Funcrusher

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on December 07, 2018, 09:16:43 AM
I was once called a "mouthy [n-word]" on the tube by a man in a big blue parka, which was surprising because I was (and am) a white gentleman and also had been sitting in total silence.

Were you sat next to the notoriously talkative black man, Quentin Tarantino at the time?