Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Are you a 'good man'?

Started by Urinal Cake, December 07, 2018, 04:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

I think there is a point (intentional or otherwise) about statements like this in that it makes straight white males like me feel powerless. I listen to someone else control the narrative and feel like my only response is to to retreat; to hide; to struggle to fail to form a coherent response even though I want to regain control over the debate.

If, by admitting that, I'm trying to form a version of myself (on some meta hype-woke level) that is one of a "good man" then so be it. But if it forces me to empathise; to begin to consider what it FEELS like to be powerless in a fairly mundane public debate and that what women have felt for literally hundreds of years, then I'm happy to at least try to embrace that misery. Its a horrible feeling but yeah...

Bazooka

I watched this 4.5 times and the pandering made it too much too much to watch #5.0 times.

shh

Quote from: Mister Six on December 07, 2018, 09:06:28 PM
The loudest online intersectionalists are curiously quiet about class and wealth privilege.

Yes, ironically enough left-wingers (for want of a better phrase) could do with a healthy dose of marxism.

These people strike me as frustrated taxonomists, their main role apparently being to classify things under neologisms and sort of hope that changes the world. "Rejecting the humanity of a woman is not creepiness. It is misogyny." Oh right, I'd better redouble my efforts never to reject a woman's humanity then.

Funcrusher

Quote from: shh on December 08, 2018, 01:58:22 PM
Yes, ironically enough left-wingers (for want of a better phrase) could do with a healthy dose of marxism.

Most of these people aren't really left wingers, though, they're centrists.