Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:39:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone else sometimes just marvel at gravity

Started by zomgmouse, December 07, 2018, 04:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

The fact that we're all just pulled down by the earth. Every human. Every object. Hold things in your hand and the object is pulled down to your hand and you're pulled down to the ground. Look at a bookshelf and the way the books all go down, down, down. Anything hanging from a hook or rope or string, it's pulling down and whatever the string is fastened to is being pulled down. Water in a cup. Down. And it morphs its shape.

I dunno. Just get overawed by the earth's physical properties sometimes. Physics. Physical. Gravity. Down.

Anybody?

Fry

greenman

I always make sure I'm near a boot scraper when outdoors.

zomgmouse

imitationleather

"Do you ever just marvel at gravity?" is exactly the sort of shit Pick-Up Artists say to women on the street.

You're dressed like a magician, aren't you?

biggytitbo

I bet you'd be less impressed by gravity if instead of sticking you to the earth, it made your hat shoot off your head like a bottle rocket, making all your headgear redundant.

Replies From View

Gravity is mostly annoying; think of all the things broken because they land and smash.  We'd be so much better without gravity but we were forced to get all entangled up in it because of the European Unions.

im barry bethel

It's gravity that means a bird can shit on your head, not so clever now is it?

Lost Oliver

Gravity has killed millions of people and animals. I hate it and anyone who likes it is a monster. Let's hope that after Brexit we can introduce our own gravitational standards. #TakingBackGravity.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Why isn't this thread called "In Praise Of Gravity" ?
>:-(

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Lost Oliver on December 07, 2018, 07:50:54 AM
What about gravel?

Wanted to post a still of David Jason in his younger days outside the shop from the original "Open All Hours" (Fucking shit remake, which I've not seen a single second of, but I bet it's fucking shit, will *not* do. )
Fuck, I'm shit at technology. 'Ere, How would I go about putting an avatar up on 'ere ?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on December 07, 2018, 07:59:12 AM
Gravity has killed millions of people and animals. I hate it and anyone who likes it is a monster. Let's hope that after Brexit we can introduce our own gravitational standards. #TakingBackGravity.

Coo! Sounds like gravity really "brings you down" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no,*you*fuckoffodin

Replies From View

:(

Not only down but in every direction. Everything is exerting a gravitational force on everything else.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What about gavel? I like a good gavel, me. Gavel in auctioneer's hand, lovely stuff. * Not* in a High Court Judge's hand mind you, we don't use them in Courts of Law in England, they do in America, though.

The Russian for "Well done, gavel " is "Maladyots, Moloto ", or something.

I should be fucking working. *Every* fucking Friday, it's this fucking bollocks.

*starts plotting a thread entitled "Oh, No! It's Tanaya Donnely!"*

Dr Trouser

You know when you put your pants on the radiator and they get warmed up so when you put them on your gonads feel like they're cradled by the paws of a loving kitten?

Well without gravity the radiator system wouldn't work, therefore no toasty pants.

:(

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

the

im barry bethel

Quote from: Dr Trouser on December 07, 2018, 08:14:53 AM
You know when you put your pants on the radiator and they get warmed up so when you put them on your gonads feel like they're cradled by the paws of a loving kitten?

Well without gravity the radiator system wouldn't work, therefore no toasty pants.

Gravity doesn't work on steam though does it

checkoutgirl

I'm the opposite on that I still marvel at a plane taking off and beating gravity.

Noonling

Alberon

It's amazing, despite how the whole universe revolves around it how weak gravity is compared to the other fundamental physical forces of reality.

I mean, jump up and down. That's you exerting more force for a few moments than the gravity generated by the entire Earth. No one knows why it is so weak.

Noonling

Quote from: Alberon on December 07, 2018, 08:28:23 AM
I mean, jump up and down. That's you exerting more force for a few moments than the gravity generated by the entire Earth. No one knows why it is so weak.

Because I'm a really good jumper.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Have you considered the situation of the gravity?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fucking Brilliant!

"Have you considered planning those fucking lessons, Lisa?"

Oh, alright.

mothman

zomgmouse

Quote from: Alberon on December 07, 2018, 08:28:23 AM
It's amazing, despite how the whole universe revolves around it how weak gravity is compared to the other fundamental physical forces of reality.

You say this, but you can only jump up. It's gravity pulling you down. And you can only jump up by pushing against the ground using gravity. CHECKMATE.