Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone else sometimes just marvel at gravity

Started by zomgmouse, December 07, 2018, 04:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: zomgmouse on December 07, 2018, 06:49:44 AM
It's gravity that's weighing your bodies down

They say people are weighed down by guilt, or anxiety.. and on the news the other day it said the country was weighed down by debt.

Gravity has nothing to do with anything. Get over yerselves.

Quote from: zomgmouse on December 07, 2018, 04:13:17 AM
The fact that we're all just pulled down by the earth. Every human...

Not true, some people are physically repelled by the earth but, obviously, they aren't here to talk about it.  That's why you have to be very careful to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

steve98

No such thing as gravity. All it is is the earth (And everything else, including space and you) expanding at 32 ft per sec squared. So when you drop an apple it doesn't "fall", no, the expanding earth rises "Up" to meet the expanding apple. This has been going on forever, and we're now all millions of light years tall (And wide), and getting bigger.

Noonling

Wouldn't that mean the space between the earth and the apple would also expand, thus the apple would never fall?

Noonling

But if the air still expands somewhat, that would mean the apple would never truly hit the earth.

Norton Canes

Quote from: :( on December 07, 2018, 08:17:08 AM
image no gravity all the spunk floating around

Something something John Lennon something

olliebean

I read a book that suggested the way gravity works is that everything is attracted not to the centre of gravity, but to the Schwartzchild radius, and that's why the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate - not because of "dark energy" that nobody knows how to find, but because the Schwartzchild radius of the entire universe is bigger than the universe, so exerts an outwards attraction on everything in it. Probably bollocks, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

Noonling

Pdine

Depressed Beyond Tables

I had a profound realisation of the powers of gravity once while on mushrooms. Ended up holding onto the earth for fear it would stop.

Blumf

Quote from: Noonling on December 07, 2018, 08:23:32 AM
No gravity is also pretty cool.

It costs over 20 grand to send a Kg of stuff up to the ISS, and that guy has just brought up a big bag of lemons, about $40,000 worth, just to tit about with!

Replies From View

Quote from: im barry bethel on December 07, 2018, 08:19:47 AM
Gravity doesn't work on steam though does it

No you have to use floppy disks for gravity.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Noonling on December 07, 2018, 08:23:32 AM
No gravity is also pretty cool.

He's come up with an excellent scam for camouflaging his head there hasn't he.

biggytitbo

The amazing thing about gravity is to this day nobody really knows what it is, not even Johnny Ball. It could be a kind of space custard for all we know.

Glebe

[tag]Alfonso Cuarón's ego "getting out of control now."[/tag]

mothman

Quote from: steve98 on December 07, 2018, 11:54:56 AM
All it is is the earth (And everything else, including space and you) expanding at 32 ft per sec squared. So when you drop an apple it doesn't "fall", no, the expanding earth rises "Up" to meet the expanding apple. This has been going on forever, and we're now all millions of light years tall (And wide), and getting bigger.

hamfist

I've got a boner for orbits too. "Beating" gravity by going fast as fuck, so despite falling you never actually hit the object you're orbiting. He annoys me a bit, but I sometimes watch Scott Manley videos on YT where he demonstrates gravity / orbital concepts using Kerbal Space Program(me). He nurtures my orbit-boner.

zomgmouse

It makes trees and plants all the more amazing because they grow UP

Except root vegetables which grow DOWN. Do root vegetables just grow and use gravity to be pulled further down into the ground? What magic of nature

EDIT: willow trees are cool because they grow UP but then droop DOWN. What magic of nature

Blumf

Quote from: zomgmouse on December 07, 2018, 08:52:50 PM
EDIT: willow trees are cool because they grow UP but then droop DOWN. What magic of nature

Magic nothing! Lack of gumption is what it is!

Galeee

Lying on the beach, looking up at the stars when tripping my tits off, someone helpfully pointed out to me that we were actually looking down at the stars and only gravity stopped us plummeting off into endless darkness.... this was quite worrying at the time.

Cuellar

Kryton

Mad innit. Flick a pencil off a table. Falls on the floor and blunts its nib. Gravity that pal.
Big lanky, black basketball player who probably plays for the Houston Troubadors or The Chicago wings, spinning a big fuck off orange fucking basketball on his long finger. What are you doing there mate? Just spinning a basketball pal, why are you asking? I'm not mate, just wondering what you were doing.

An old man in a passenger airplane cackles to himself inside his broadsheet. Fuck you gravity. Fuck you. Deliberately takes a shit in the vacuum toilet right over Michigan. Haha fuck you Peter. It misses.

Another old man sneezes and his glass eye rolls out down the street because he lives on an incline. Gravity that pal. Should have thought about that before you sneezed!. The realistic looking glass eye soon ends inside the stomach of a seagull and is later shat out into the cold, unforgiving North sea. 

(drunk soz)

Sebastian Cobb

zomgmouse

Quote from: Cuellar on December 07, 2018, 11:17:59 PM
No I couldn't give a fucking shit

Not without gravity pulling it down and out of you you couldn't!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastian Cobb

Looks like someone doesn't understand peristalsis!

mothman

My daughter has this Snoopy toy came in a McDonalds Happy Meal. There's a pair of magnets in the bottom of the nest and Snoopy's head, so he's perfectly balanced and can spin round. But he just stands there most of the time on a shelf in her bedroom, defying gravity as without the magnets he'd fall over. And it freaks me out. To do that presumably takes energy or something. That equilibrium of gravity and magnetism. It's eldritch.

Replies From View

I often harness the power of gravity to trigger the invention of things like Swingball and Guess Who.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 08, 2018, 01:06:42 AM
Looks like someone doesn't understand peristalsis!

Okay but if you shit upside down it'll go all over you