Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Making CaB tolerable for mobile

Started by fearofmusic, December 07, 2018, 09:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearofmusic

Long time lurker with a query. I must not be the only one who's preferred way of reading Cook'd and Bomb'd is by also ignoring my responsibilities and loved ones and using a mobile phone. With the available themes I don't find this the easiest experience in the world, how the more experienced, cooler, users amongst us cope?

Tapatalk used to be a reasonable solution until a few years ago (I presume still the case). Is there a mobile theme hidden away for fancy pants paying members? I haven't dealt with SMF directly but I have a background in PHP web development so I am happy to put some effort into a custom built theme if that is helpful to anyone.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd love a mobile theme. Just reading with the default isn't so bad, but try making a post with the bastard.

Malcy

Only time I find it tricky on mobile is when I'm trying to post an image or put something in a quote. Apart from that it's fine.

Mango Chimes

I'm fine reading it on mobile, except when those fancy clear-text-spoiler people show up, and I then have to laboriously copy and paste and ugh. Just use white text!

biggytitbo

A couple of lines of css would make it more useful on mobile - adding a viewport setting and removing the fixed 2 col layout from the thread view.

fearofmusic

That's true, a few CSS overrides seem to tackle a lot of the bigger layout issues. I don't know, is there a greasemonkey/userscripts equivalent on mobile or is that too optimistic?