Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Avengers: Endgame

Started by Phil_A, December 07, 2018, 01:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

Thor flies with the assistance of his hammer; he can also survive the void of space, as seen in Infinity War. So we haven't seen him fly in space, but he should be able to do so now that he has the Storm-breaker or whatever it's called.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Also, he can use the bifrost by himself now (again, via the hammer) which is even more powerful than flying.

Quote from: phantom_power on March 18, 2019, 06:01:39 PM
Is he your dad or something?
I was born on a Thursday, if that counts.

phantom_power

But she has something Thor hasn't got. Girl Power!

samadriel

phantom_power

She also has the power to piss off misogynist incel neckbeard dingholes, which Thor has yet to master

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: phantom_power on March 18, 2019, 06:46:38 PM
She also has the power to piss off misogynist incel neckbeard dingholes, which Thor has yet to master
He did his bit by appearing in that Ghostbusters film the other year.

The first Thor film achieved a similar result by casting Idris Elba as Heimdall.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 18, 2019, 08:43:34 PM
The first Thor film achieved a similar result by casting Idris Elba as Heimdall.
Just remembered how amused I was at that "outrage" over a fictional character based in a film based on a comic book that is based on myth.

Some people need to have a really big wank, or something, to clear their heads.

kalowski

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 18, 2019, 06:10:57 PM
Also, he can use the bifrost by himself now (again, via the hammer) which is even more powerful than flying.
I was born on a Thursday, if that counts.
I've seen the Avengers films but I've not seen any of the Thor films or read the comics but in the Norse Mythology Bifrost is the rainbow bridge. What is it in the Marvel universe?

A sort of teleporter, which is figuratively referred to as a rainbow bridge. It's how Thor, Rocket and Groot arrive at the big punch up toward the end of Infinity War.

kalowski

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 18, 2019, 09:09:46 PM
A sort of teleporter, which is figuratively referred to as a rainbow bridge. It's how Thor, Rocket and Groot arrive at the big punch up toward the end of Infinity War.
I obviously wasn't concentrating.

Mango Chimes

It's changed for convenience purposes. In the first Thor, there's a kind of observatory at the end of the (literal) Rainbow Bridge, with a big machine that Heimdell operates by sticking a sword in it or something, and was essentially the port into Asgard. Then Heimdell could just sort of do it as a power alongside his omniscience. Now Thor can do it himself because he has a big axe.

Like how Iron Man first needed a machine to put on or take off his suit. Then he had it in fit a suitcase. Now it's a magic thing that just grows on him when he wants it and has a wide range of go-go-gadget powers.

Lord Mandrake

Captain Marvel is like pure unstoppable energy when she goes super saiyan and Feige has said in terms of physical power she is the MVP but Dr Strange can make beer come out of nowhere.

Custard

Glebe

Glebe

Just an advance warning that this looks a mite SPOILERISH and reveals more than previous trails:

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame | Special Look.

Btw, a number of cinema chains are apparently listing the run time as 3hrs and 2mins...

Iron Man sporting an armour closer to the classic vest & hotpants look from the comics.

mothman

So either Pepper wasn't dusted, or is undusted by the end.

Kelvin

Much better trailer. Can't wait for this now. Nice to be looking forward to seeing Thanos again, too. 

Head Gardener

mothman

Mister Six

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on April 02, 2019, 08:45:46 PM
Just an advance warning that this looks a mite SPOILERISH and reveals more than previous trails:

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame | Special Look.

Btw, a number of cinema chains are apparently listing the run time as 3hrs and 2mins...

3hrs?!

Glebe

Personally I'm a chump and will gladly watch a 3 hour Avengers movie, but has a megablockbuster ever been so long before?

Phil_A

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 05, 2019, 03:55:16 AM
Personally I'm a chump and will gladly watch a 3 hour Avengers movie, but has a megablockbuster ever been so long before?

Dances With Wolves
All of the Lord Of The Ringses
Titanic was three and a half hours, so was Dr Zhivago.

So loads, basically.

greenman

Rather different film to the last as well were we'd already had much of the setup and it was into the action almost straight away.

samadriel

I hear they want to put an intermission in Endgame, so one's bladder may survive the onslaught of time.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 05, 2019, 03:55:16 AM

Gone with the Wind is the most successful film of all time, when adjusted for inflation, and it's four hours long.

Talulah, really!

In fairness the story is only 90 minutes the rest is sitting through the credits waiting for the 30 second teaser Easter egg* scene.**

*It's named after Easter because everyone turns to their partner and goes 'Christ, did we wait all that time for that?'

**Lasts 30 secs, next day on youtube is a 45 minute breakdown on what it means.